The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The left is still losing its collective minds
    Sarah Silverman has gone to calling for a military coup to this
    (by the way, these are utility markings)

Twitter responded, of course

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The grumbling has begun on the right -- about Rs in Congress mostly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I'm patiently waiting for my healthcare cost of around $1500 monthly goes back down. Until then I still don't trust the government even with the GOP in power.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I'll say it now, you will be waiting forever.

5. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

400 months? That's 33 years and 4 months.

You mean 400 weeks. Obama was President for 416 weeks total. Basically he played golf 3 of every 4 weeks. That's more than I played, by a long shot. My job is not nearly as important as his.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I see Trump played with Japan's pres
    Did BO ever play golf with a head of state?

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Damn, are we really going off into another goofy debate over golf/vacation? It makes me want to just ditch this board. It's so friggin' dumb.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Treasury announced official sanctions against Tareck Zaidan El Aissami Maddah (El Aissami).
    El Aissami is the Executive Vice President of Venezuela
    He was named a Specially Designated Narcotics Trafficker pursuant to the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act (Kingpin Act) for playing a significant role in international narcotics trafficking.

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/as0005.aspx

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bypassing the fake news outlets .... heh

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seattle Husker

Yeah...no "fake news" within blogging sites like Daily Caller.

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Gotta love Sam...

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A manly masculine man response

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

History made -- Trump Signs First Bill as President
    Bill H.J. Res 41 kills Obama regulation that targeted mining and drilling industries.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of jerrymandered districts, check Maryland's 3rd
    Dems drew this one

[​IMG]

15. Seattle Husker

Gerrymandering is not a partisan issue but rather whichever party has control of the state.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is a robustly human response

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seattle Husker

The base of his support certainly likes him. "I could walk out onto 5th avenue and shoot someone and I'd still get their vote" is the quote that comes to mind. In that same poll he's dropped to 40% overall approval rating (5% drop since day 1), lower than any POTUS ever measured at this point in their term.

I'd agree that Trump keeps his promises. The rest? LOL. 18 days and a highly public leak to force the Flynn firing deflates the "decisive leader" mantra.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Just signs of someone new to the job
    He is learning what a snakepit DC is -- he will get better at it over time

20. Seattle Husker

I'll yield on this one. I'm chalking it up to "loyalty" to those who stood by him during the campaign.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont know what happened with Flynn and am inclined to just move past it
    Ben Shapiro and others think it was dirty tricks by Obama loyalists, which you can read about at the link I graciously provided you above

22. Seattle Husker

Dirty tricks is possible albeit borders on conspiracy. Like HRC's personal email server, Flynn shouldn't have given them the rope to hang him with if Shapiro is right. That's on Flynn. If he did give a nod and wink to the sanctions discussion then he should have been looking for the executioners axe.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Who the Dems are fighting for ....

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If it turns out Flynn lied to the FBI, then this is another matter entirely from what I was talking about above.
    But the idea that it was a crime for persons in an incoming administration to speak with foreign minsters at all is ludicrous. This happens with every new admin. As it should.

25. Seattle Husker

I haven't seen anyone claiming it was a crime for Flynn to talk with the Russian Ambassador, although he was criticized for not working with his counterpart to orchestrate the call. It's the potential content of the conversation that has always been controversial. It may have been controversial enough for Flynn to lie about it to Pence.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF THAT is disgusting for that witch in Travis County to protect that a hole illegal. If you are in Austin will you keep us updated?

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OK, so here we go.
    I have grown weary of having to answer to management so often about my replies that offend you. So, to put an end to that, I am going to do something I have never done before in my life and "ignore" a forum poster. If the FAQ is to be believed, I will no longer see and, therefore, be unable to reply to your posts again. Nor will I see any new threads you start.
    Best of luck.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was trying to think through how this might be resolved. Rather than sending in the National Guard (something Abbott might jump at the chance to do to Austin), I think they will go to federal court, get an order, then have the judge start issuing contempt citings once the county started ignoring the order. See how much monetary heat the County is willing to withstand.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

The mere fact that idk what you're talking about is 100% proof the FAQ works as advertised. :thumbup:

I did it once here a few months ago, and really didn't feel good about closing out a dissenting view. However, the outcome has made reading opinions on this forum 1,000 times more enjoyable.

Don't blame yourself for eliminating lunacy from those who habitually dispute or ignore facts to debate solely equipped with the party's narrative.

Once I solved that one problem I began to truly appreciate the reasoning behind those here who held opposite opinions and support them well.

My advice...just do it! You won't regret it one second and won't lose an ounce of growth which comes from the others here with varied positions. :beertoast: