The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That is completely irrelevant to the merits of any investigation. What Obama did or didn't do and the political motivations of Democrats should have absolutely no bearing on the matter.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I fail to grasp why Priebus did not immediately clean house
    It's not like he didnt already know that Democrats are asholes

An example.... I just dont see why it is so difficult to identify these folks and give them the boot
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Translation: All our problems are related to Obama holdovers. Without them we'd be operating at peak performance.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I can't speak for everyone, but you've lost a lot of credibility with me this past month or so as someone I used to think was reasonable. Statements like this are just ridiculous for so many reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The latest on Repeal and Replace is that Trump hatched something to get the Freedom Caucus on board at the last-minute.

-- "Very close to getting deal done."

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Never a dull moment

10. Seattle Husker

That's disappointing coming from you as you are rational. So is the White House not advancing a narrative that everything would be running smoothly if not for "deep state" and "Obama operatives"? For one, I'd question how many "Obama holdovers" here are in the White House, the agencies yes but not the White House. Of course, do you think the leaks are compounded by Trump's combative treatment of these agencies?

Of course, this also assumes the leaks are coming from the intelligence communities. Carl Bernstein has stated on multiple occasions that often the "off the record" leaks are from the politicians on these various committees.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The natives are getting restless

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Oh jeez (imagine that being said with a Fargo accent)

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We may have reached the point that it is better for this bill to die and just let Obamacare implode on its own

Two bad options

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's just hard to find any scenario where the overwhelming number of issues with leaks, coupled with what we now know was going on with surveillance, coupled with the last-minute decisions to share intelligence across departmental lines, the outright insubordination that's been cropping up in numerous departments since the transition... there's nothing to suggest that there isn't an extraordinary pushback coming from holdovers that has clearly caused a lot of issues. Doesn't that at least suggest a strong likelihood that these people would be looking to leak information on the current administration? I mean is that really a stretch?

Not to mention that we know for a fact that many in the media were in collusion with the Clinton team throughout the campaign, so the cozy relationships and sentiments were in place already. It seems pretty foolish not to see the smoking gun of a level of unprofessional behavior that I would completely expect when an activist politician comes into power and staffs his administration with fellow activists for eight years and creates an environment where it's not about government, it's about "punishing enemies."

I'm certainly no Trump fan, but so far, it strains credibility to think all these issues are just Trump bungling relationships. They were already destroyed before he ever arrived on the scene.

Do I think the leaks are compounded by Trump's combative treatment of these agencies? Well, that works both ways - seems to me that the relationship was combative before Trump ever took office, so how is he supposed to go in with a feeling of trust when agencies are flat-out in rebellion from Day 1 of the administration? Don't you think that maybe the things we're learning about the surveillance now MIGHT just explain the strained relationships.

18. Seattle Husker

I need to be careful not to talk in absolutes. Was there some resistance to Trump from Obama appointees and career bureaucrats? Certainly. That Interim AG is an example. Of course, you can't absolve Trump and his government neophytes into contributing to his mess. The first travel ban was written by 31yr old Stephen Miller and wasn't vetted by DHS or Kelly before deployment. Is that a holdovers fault? The consistent lies Trump continues to wallow in (1. Inauguration crowd size, 3-5M illegal voters, Obama wiretapped me) have nothing to do with those holdovers or leaks. Michael Flynn lying to Pence was leaked but the fact that he lied. Was that nefarious Dems fault? These are merely a sampling of the self-made problems in Trump's early administration that can't be attributed to anyone but the new crowd in the White House.

Reading this passage one might think that Trump wasn't blasting away at the FBI, CIA and others before he took office. One might get the impression that you think he didn't start the fracas with the intelligence agencies during the campaign and pre-inauguration. So he didn't need to travel to Langley the day after his inauguration to convince them that his tweets chastizing them were "fake news"?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  20. Seattle Husker

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Democrats screamed about this one for months.
    "MUH EMOLUMENTS"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Perhaps she should tell Trump to stop pitching such a crappy bill. But since actually stopping the bill isn't her agenda, I suspect she isn't going to do that.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like he knows they dont have the votes (?)

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She has been letting him have it for the last 2-3 days

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If we defund the NEA, art like this will be lost forever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  26. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Not necessarily Donald's fault but 60 days into his term:

1. Repeal of Obamacare looks doubtful.
    2. Better relations with other countries looks doubtful.
    3. Mexico paying for the beautiful wall looks doubtful.

On the positive side:

1. The dysfunction, non-transparency, and corruption throughout government is finally being recognized.
    2. The corruption and partisanship of media and its collaboration with both political parties and the "Deep State" has been exposed.

If Donald's Presidency accomplishes nothing else, perhaps it will serve to wake up everyone and catalyze movements demanding reform. Probably won't, but that's my wish.

• Like Like x 3
  27. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

4. real immigration reform looks doubtful. we're going to stop with scary rhetoric that has an immediate impact but long term puts us right back where we were

28. Seattle Husker

Governing is harder than campaigning and Trump makes it even harder than it needs to be.

29. Seattle Husker

Republicans can't pass their health care bill and according to Trump...it's the Democrats fault. The R's didn't need a single D vote in the house and had a margin of 21 R's that could vote against it to get it passed and they still couldn't get it through. I know Trump's response is typical of any politician but given his significant credibility issues of late the claim somehow rings even more hollow.

30. Seattle Husker

Since nobody understandably want to talk about the failure of the health care bill, lets talk about a bill the Senate approved on Thursday. ISP's will soon be able to sell our browser history to advertiser. Woohoo for data privacy!!! Time to invest in a VPN service at home. I can't wait for Comcast to lower my internet service costs! ;)