The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Piers Morgan (of all people) has the courage to tread where other liberals are afraid to go ......

"Hate-filled liberals seem to think Trump is such a joke that anything goes. But encouraging violence and death towards ANY president isn’t funny, unless they want to destroy the democracy they claim to love"

"American liberals are very sensitive people.

Some might say, a tad over-sensitive.

Not a minute of any day goes by without one of them being mortally offended by something.

Usually, it involves Donald Trump.

The wild, foot-stomping, shrieking hysteria that greets the President's every utterance and movement is beyond anything I have ever witnessed in global politics.

He seems to turn liberals into gibbering wrecks of blazing fury.

And I say this as someone who would self-identify as more liberal than not
    Before the election, the violent anti-Trump rhetoric was restricted to people like Robert De Niro saying he'd like to 'punch him in the face.'

But ever since Trump won, it has grown a lot uglier and a lot more serious.

As his daughter Ivanka said today, the viciousness and ferocity of the hatred directed towards him is unprecedented.
    One audience member, Laura Sheaffer, said: 'It was shocking and distasteful. If this had happened to any other president – even as recently as Barack Obama or George Bush – it would not have flown. People would have been horrified. I mean, it was the on-stage murder of the president of the United States. Blood was spewing everywhere out of his body.'

And that, surely, is the nub of all this.

Liberal Trump-haters seemingly have no limit and no filter when it comes to expressing their loathing of the man, even if it extends to his violent death.

The defense from the director, Oskar Eustis, was straight from Kathy Griffin's ridiculous excuse manual: 'Anyone seeing our production will realize it in no way advocates violence towards anyone.'

Er no, Mr Eustis, as you well know, it does the complete opposite.

It depicts the horrific murder of President Trump, stabbed to death by frenzied opponents.

And it is an utter disgrace....."
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-filled-liberals-bad-Trump-death-jokes.html

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Piers Morgan's attempt to rebrand himself to rebuild his career after being a liberal ***** is reminiscent of Glenn Beck trying to rebuild his reputation. Too much water under the bridge for either to suddenly be a moderate voice.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Seattle Husker

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

In other news:

Gallup's Job Creation Index is at an all-time high, reflecting an improving job market. These findings generally match the U.S. government's data on the job market, as evidenced by the Bureau of Labor Statistics' unemployment rate reaching 4.3% in May and the underemployment rate falling from 8.6% in April to 8.4% in May.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seattle Husker

That's a good thing for us all, and a trend that continued before and after the election under 2 administrations.

8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well thank goodness Obama was so business friendly!

9. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

:rolleyes1:

:smile1:

10. Seattle Husker

To be fair, more jobs were added to the economy in the 7 months preceding the election than the 7 months following the election. Regardless, net growth in jobs benefits us all.

11. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

If you made large donations to democrats, he would be absolutely frisky toward your business. He might even run your competitors out of business.

12. 4th_floor

He was friendly toward green business, like golf cart manufacturers.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Let the wailing begin!

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2 years ago today
    Was not taken seriously.
    Polled low.
    Comedians lol'd.
    The rest is history

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

It's not like we will notice any difference.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The NYT has has managed to pass the reins directly from Bush to Trump, with apparently nothing in between

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

New Zogby polling --

President Trump has a higher approval rating than virtually every other leader in Washington, a little reported fact that emerged in a new survey of the nation's political officials.

According to a Zogby Analytics poll, the president's approval rating is higher than for Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
    https://zogbyanalytics.com/news/778-partisanship-is-a-force-in-approval-ratings

The full approval rating list:
    President Trump - 41%
    James Mattis - 43%
    Jeff Sessions - 35%
    Paul Ryan - 36%
    Chuck Schumer - 33%
    Mitch McConnell - 30%
    Congress - 25%
    Nancy Pelosi - 29%

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Georgia special -- CNN has stopped talking about the Georgia election and switched back to Russia -- probably not a good sign for Ossoff

I've read that, overall, Dem total spending here was closer to $40M
    [​IMG]

And can you guess what Ossoff thinks is a major problem in DC?
    Yep, money in politics
    These people are amazing
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol

Bartender says: "Why the long face?"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If nothing else, this latest special shows, hopefully for the last time, that these D+10 polls with Trump at 36% approval are complete crap
    This nonsense needs to end

• Like Like x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I really like Don Jr. He is hilarious.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nate Bronze at work again

26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Another election loss by the Dems. Will they go back to the drawing board or just keep doubling down on stupidity?

Another poll way off again. SH will be here tomorrow linking a poll showing it as proof that his argument is right. Some people never learn.

Dems 0-5 in special elections this year.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5 years ago to the day, if not to the minute

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. 4th_floor

Dems didn't lose; just ran out of voters

• Like Like x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Their moral victories are becoming Aggy like.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The DNC and Loretta Lynch want the media to stop calling it "another loss in a special election."
    It prefers describing the defeat as a "matter."

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017