The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Another whopper or maybe he just believed it was that the individual mandate for Obamacare was not a tax. He was very forceful in his opinion (it's on Youtube on the interwebs). Later I think SCOTUS helped by concluding it was Constitutional because it WAS a tax which was constitutional. I'm not an attorney. Maybe somebody on here can add some color to my comment.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I try not to use the term "lie," but I do call this one a lie. However, it's not because he believed the mandate was or was not a tax. That's semantics, and people can agree or disagree about that. His statement was a lie because he was making it after the law had passed, which means he knew that many health insurance policies were going to be prohibited by law. Accordingly, he knew the statement was BS when he made it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I present you your POTUS.

This was the most appropriate response.

Or this...

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Street goes both ways, brother.

5. Seattle Husker

Brother please. The fact that you treat it like no big deal allows our POTUS to act like a pre-pubescent boy. This latest episode has conservative S.E. Cupp asking "is he OK?"

What's sad is that Trump signed 2 pieces of symbolically significant legislation for his agenda but stole his own headlines by stepping on his own dick, as usual. Yet he and his supporters will ***** and moan about "why didn't the press cover Kate's law". You need only look at Trump's 10yr old mind and thin skin for the reason that he didn't get the positive publicity.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  6. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Doesn't this article basically say that DT hasn't done much. If the last 3 months of BO tenure were an 86% increase from previous norms (ie, it moved from 13,500 in 2015 to 25,000 in 2016 and then back to 13,000 for DT) Doesn't seem like his big claim to fame is actually that big.

7. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

"Syria and Somalia — would have been banned under Trump's executive order against entries from certain Muslim-majority nations, but federal courts have blocked the order. Trump's original order covered Iraqis as well, but he omitted Iraq from his revised order."

Today the ban partially starts. Should be a big difference the next three months.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I'm shocked, but not over the findings...

CNN put out a highly competent article based on facts (not the Sarin conclusion, but facts relevant to the article's topic).

They also neutrally reported the opposing views from Syria, Russia, UK, and the international organization itself through named sources.

I didn't feel the presence of opinions or any attempt to try to push a narrative and control my own conclusion. What a pleasant surprise.

I guess when there's no mention of Trump in an article their minds don't melt and rational, well articulated thoughts are still possible. :smile1:

10. Seattle Husker

11. Seattle Husker

12. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

"Countries of origin were largely unchanged. In both periods, two-thirds of the arrivals came from five countries: the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Syria, Iraq, Somalia and Myanmar."

Thanks LBJ /Ted Kennedy for the Immigration Act of 1965.

Now, instead of getting people who would melt in the melting pot, we people who want to keep their cultures and languages and don't give a damn about fitting in to the U.S.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Drudge reader poll result

[​IMG]

14. Seattle Husker

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  15. Seattle Husker

LOL...Check out Buzz Aldrin's reactions to Donald Trump's word salad description about space.

16. Seattle Husker

This gif is clearly not being fair. He is donating his salary, albeit spending $10's of millions more in weekend getaways that should not be considered vacations to a few on this board.
    [​IMG]

17. Seattle Husker

This image sums up Trump's constant refrains of "fake news".

[​IMG]

18. Seattle Husker

A certain poster here loves him some Paul Joseph Watson.

[​IMG]

19. Seattle Husker

Just a reminder...5 months into his term and Trump has spent >20% of his time in office at one of his golf courses. He's golfed 33 times so far. In comparison, Obama had golfed 8 times at this point in his presidency. Oh, for those that care about being fiscally sensitive with tax payer money, Trump's weekend trips are estimated to cost $43M and counting so far. Be careful to not call them "vacations" though.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They told us Trump's visa suspension (and other things generally) would suppress US tourism. They lied/fake news -- International tourism into the US is surging over the same period under Obama --

"....The U.S. Travel Association announced Wednesday that international travel to the country rose by 5.2 percent in May, compared to the same month in 2016.
    The six-month forecast predicts that U.S. travel volume will likely grow around 1.8 percent through November 2017, with domestic travel rising by about 2.2 percent and international travel slightly declining...."

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/340728-international-travel-to-us-on-the-rise

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Let us know when he hits the level of debt your hero Obama added to the U.S ($6.5 trillion).

• Like Like x 1
  22. Seattle Husker

Debt? I think it's safe to say that the debt under Trump is higher now than when Obama exited the White House. Afterall, Trump has stated that he wants the debt ceiling increased by August.

Not sure what any of that had to do with my initial post. I was addressing the criticisms of volume of golf outings and cost to taxpayers of the vacations. Trump will surpass that Obama's total spend in 1 year what it took Obama to achieve in 8 years. We should revisit that previous criticism for consistency don't you think?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It was funny hos MSNBC muted out the sound of the crowd chants.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You wont see this on MSNBC either

[​IMG]

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Seattle Husker

Poland went old school Soviet bloc and bused in friendly supporters to ensure a favorable reception.

Regardless, the positive optics are always good.

28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I knew the DNC would get the talking points out quick.

29. Seattle Husker

Context doesn't matter, I guess, when you have an intended narrative. The Independent, a British publication is also apparently part of the Democratic party.

30. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Buzz is probably checking under his chair for aliens. He had to be medically evacuated from Antartica on a recent trip, after which he Tweeted: We are all in danger. It is evil itself". He included a picture of a weird pyramid, which he apparently attributes to aliens.

http://www.break.com/article/apollo-astronaut-buzz-aldrin-tweets-from-antarctica-3067214