The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Dave Rubin is the perfect example of the small amount of courageous Dems who stuck to their principles while their party abandoned them shifting radically left.

Most of what he stands for is in contrast with the new Lib agenda. The irony is the guy has been constant in his views for many years.

It wasn't long ago the left praised him as a shining voice for their side. Now he's hated as an infidel for not selling out his principles and country like they have. :smile1:

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gas prices lowest in 12 years
    Just sayin

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He's a throwback. Kennedy era liberal.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I wish he'd just say lugenpresse, it would be more clear.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

McConnell says they will vote Tues whether to re-open debate on Healthcare Bill

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

McCain is supposed to be returning to the Senate to make this vote
    I assume they would not be making him travel 2400 miles for an Obamacare vote that did not have the necessary majority

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I wonder if Jeff Sessions will still be the AG by the end of the day. Trump is hammering on him again. Sessions is a guy with principals. I bet he resigns.

Also, Rex Tillerson called Trump's attack on Sessions unprofessional and may be considering resigning.

Trump better be careful or he'll be without a cabinet again.

12. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

This is a real problem with Trump. Why humiliate loyal cabinet members? If you want someone to quit, ask for their resignation. If they won't quit, fire them. Don't do all of this public ********.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

If he loses Tillerson I will be very disappointed in Trump, really for the first time since he was sworn in.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

McConnell moving to bring up BCRA with Cruz amendment language.
    Vote could be as soon as tonight.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, the two female senators from Maine and Alaska wouldn't vote Yay, forcing a sick man to travel back.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Youngstown tonight

"DRAIN THE SWAP
    DRAIN THE SWAMP
    DRAIN THE SWAMP!!"

[​IMG]

17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

"The greater good". Let's define that term before we start stealing other people's money.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

If Abi Wilkinson goes on to have a family, I'll bet she'll be amazed that she ever said anything that stupid. Instead of a person designating who receives their money after they pass, let the government decide who gets the money. Wow, really stupid.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think one of the best ways to resolve the healthcare debate would be to force Congresspeople to themselves live under whatever they pass. As we all know, they constantly exempt themselves from their own laws and rules. I think alot of laws would get fixed pretty quick if this were the case

Is there a way to add a poll in here?
    Would the bulk of you support an Amendment that specifically disallowed the Congress from exempting itself from any new law it creates?
    My guess is that the American people would overwhelmingly support this.
    But I dont know about the state legislatures. They might not like it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Voting age back to 21?

22. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

As I recall, this was a key feature of the "Contract With America" back in the 90s.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Next news cycle dominatrix?
    If so, here is my weather prediction - 100 % chance of sh*t storm today followed by sunny skies for anyone with a brain
    He did ground it, in part, on the high medical costs

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

If it were up to me it would be 30 or more.

• Like Like x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

26. If you are on your parents healthcare, then you don't have a right to vote.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Toss in the contributing tax payer requirement if able-bodied also. :smile1:

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And property owners!

30. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

(Knock on wood) Has anyone noticed there have been zero Muslim-related terrorist attacks on American soil since DT's first month as president-elect?

I knew it was getting to be a big window so I looked into it more closely.

There were seven that fit the criteria (Muslim perpetrator with multiple victims) between Dec 2015 and Nov 2016.

Including Dec 2016 until now...almost 8 months...zero.

It's bad for DT as he'd get a huge boost to his aggressive stance and policies if another San Bernadino went down on his watch.

But the real story line is he's been great for American safety. All that activity the 12 months before the election, then nothing. Even the 12 months prior to that had three.

The boldness has fallen off drastically. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017