The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

This would never happen. All those traits you listed disqualify you from the service even after you enter.

I support LGBT people serving. I just don't like the idea of them going through basic training together with straight people.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I've wrestled with that myself. At Fort Jackson in the early 90's, I remember guys trying to get on KP duty just to chat with the female company also going through basic training. Even talking with the opposite sex was explicitly forbidden. Then again, I'm not sure learning to deal with an LGBTQ squad member is that much different than the idiot I had to deal with from French Lick, Indiana who discovered his 14yr old girlfriend was pregnant while in BT. His lack of intelligence drove me to wanting to fight him. We still overcame it.

It's the ability to put aside all the differences when it matters (ie. in battle or competition) that makes a squad or platoon successful.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What about dysmorphia?

4. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I don't support it, and as much as I'm hating DT these days, I'm glad he pulled the trigger on this. My last two years in it was so frustrating. These dang policies that BO was shoving down on the military pissed me off. Females in Ranger units, openly gay service and the transgenders. The military is an easy target for presidents to force their social agendas on because the brass has to 'fall in line' or they won't get promoted.

If they were allowed to voice their true opinions the vast majority would tell the politicians that they are making the military weaker with continued social engineering policies.

I bet there is 1 in 10,000 women that could pass the minimum Ranger standards but we're going to upend the whole regiment to make room for females. It's BS.

A policy that BO forced on the military only 12 months ago, is now considered the norm. Give me a break. The Army is 240 years old and now a 12 month old policy that wasn't even debated is treated by the media like its an honored tradition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seattle Husker

If a woman can meet the same PT standards that a male can for Ranger school I see no issue. Like you said, very few women can handle Ranger school. Of course, 50% of men also fail. You have more recent experience with the social change than I but how much of that is simply typical cultural change? I bunked with a guy from South Carolina that could cope with the idea that a white guy in our company started dating a black girl while in AIT. I'd wager that's not as big of a deal anymore.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a great # out there for better titles for this book by Hillsy
    #BetterNamesForHillarysBook

"The Girl With The Goldman Sachs Tattoo"
    "The Audacity of Nope"
    "Mein Cough"
    "The Catcher in the Lie"
    "Weiners & Losers"
    "It Takes a Haitian Village: How I Funded My Election Campaign"
    "What Difference Does it Make?"
    "50 Shades of Cray"
    ""Why aren't I spending 50 Years Behind Bars You Might Ask"
    "Close, But No Cigar"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That is the same rating he had 7 days before winning the election.:e-medal:

• Like Like x 2
  9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't really get the fixation with polling and approval ratings in the wake of the election. Anyone hanging their hopes on a negative approval poll about Trump is delusional and has blocked out the last year from their memory. At some point you're going to have to realize the Trump factor in those polls. No one wants to admit that they think some things Trump is doing are good, because they don't want people to think they're one of those "MAGA people." There's a whole lot of things I don't approve of about Trump, depending on how you phrase the question. But I haven't seen a better option yet, so my unfavorable rating would be pretty meaningless in an election.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Senate healthcare bill failed again last night
    And the liberals loves them some John McCain for it

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------

This one is a HuffPro writer

With friends like these -- McCain with Schumer and Dems last night
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  12. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

You've seen what the military does when they have an agenda... They change the standards to make the standards accessible for whatever rule the political leadership wants to enact. When they needed more recruits they dropped the standards for pot smoking, tattoos, weight and legal infractions. When they wanted to tighten them up, they changed it again. If someone in leadership decides they want females in, they will come back with some assessment that says "We don't need a Ranger to do 50 push ups. How often do they do 50 pushups in combat? Let's find a more realistic measure" (code for...Something the women can do as well as men). And for that one woman in 10,000 that can do a 10 mile run on Monday, a 15 mile ruck on Tuesday and then get up and do it all again on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...not too mention actually carry their weight in an actual combat situation. We are going to require separate living, facilities, medical assistance....BS.
    My last deployment we had CST's (Cultural Support Teams) that did the on objective questioning of Afghan women to be culturally sensitive. These women were bad ***. They could wear me out at cross fit. They supported the teams. They were in harms way like the teams but they still couldn't do all the crap that they asked a young Ranger to do. They just weren't physically capable of sustaining it no matter how many tri-Athlons and cross fit events they won.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seattle Husker

Approval ratings are a representation of political capital. The higher they are the more the legislature needs to support your agenda. The lower they are they are the POTUS is less of a threat to those with alternate agendas.

15. ProdigalHorn

You reeeeeeeallllly didn't get the point I was trying to make. I am fully aware of what approval ratings are and why people employ them.

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I just hope the dems sit back like last election because of the polls.

17. Seattle Husker

No, I understood it. You think that the polling is understating his support in a would be election. Certainly that was evident to a point in this past election. Though that's a factor, it's overstated, IMHO, especially when the approval rate is in the mid-30's in most polls.

18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Your response reminds me of a waitress at The Stallion in Austin in the early 80s. She comes up to our table of 10 or so guys and said, "we burned the French fries so we gave you extra". Mmmmm...mmm. If there's anything better than burnt food it's lots of it! Keep posting those poll results.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ProdigalHorn

No. I think that the polling is essentially unrelated to his support in a would-be election. I don't think it's as simple as saying he's being deflated or inflated by a certain percentage. I simply don't think they're asking the right questions, or the right people in some cases. And frankly, I have doubts that a lot of the people being polled are being as scientifically precise with their responses as people who use that data want to believe.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another leaker about to get the boot?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Border Wall funding passed the House today -- $1.6B

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Thank the dark lord!

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont remember seeing this before

[​IMG]

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That's pretty harsh. Liberals are so rigid. Everything is black or white, there is no gray. They lack any sense of nuance.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Pat Buchanan --

John McCain "stuck it to his party, and I don't know why he did it"

Some anonymous Hill staffers claim McCain was heard laughing with Dem Senators -- "Lets see Donald make America great again now"

Another Hill staffer claims McCain was furious at Rand Paul for blocking NDAA.
    He vowed "vindication" and to sabotage any more Obamacare repeals

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Seattle Husker

Scaramucci may be a pretty horrible person. While his wife was giving birth to their second child last Monday the Mooch was in West Virginia with Trump. Oh, he did text her "Congratulations. I'll pray for our child." Is it any wonder why his wife filed for divorce on Friday, the day he finally saw his new son for the first time.

29. Seattle Husker

Trump's staff meeting this morning?

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts