The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Does Spicer have any credibility left? I thought his new job was selling celebrity photos.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Click once to enlarge

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Political assassinations in the US are almost always done by Dems

• Like Like x 1
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Jesus dude. This was a murder between neighbors. "Political assassination"?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Food Stamp enrollments are down in 46 states

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah I heard they were arguing a west mall post.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Just curious which four states are not down? Does it show and if so, is one California?

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Seattle Husker

Correlation to the continued economic improvement.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The victim was a Republican committeeman for his county. He was shot in the head twice, on his own property. The first shot came from the shooter's property, the second from the shooter standing directly over him

"..... Police say Clayton then shot Jennings once in the head while Jennings was standing on his own property, knocking him to the ground. Then, Jennings stood over the victim and shot Jennings a second time in the head...."

The shooter has anti-Trump signs in his yard

"His front yard was crowded with ...... hand lettered anti-Trump signs."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

click once to enlarge

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CAIR has now come out in support of retaining McMaster
    Guilt by association?

14. Seattle Husker

Why is the Bannon cabal working so hard to push out McMaster? Here is a good article on the onslaught of Pro-Trump media working hard to paint McMaster in a negative light.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think McMaster is being an adult in the room along with Kelly. I think they see themselves as protectors of the realm now. :)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ouse-at-the-national-security-council/535767/

He cut loose of Derek Harvey and Ezra Cohen-Watnick and he had the temerity to come out and say that Susan Rice didn't do anything wrong. Coincidentally, Cohen-Watnick was behind a lot of the unmasking nothing burger.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Highlights of proposed immigration reform
    I have been arguing for some of these items for over 20 years

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

From what I've seen, the points system is completely ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Yeah quite ridiculous. Makes no sense to assign values to background assets to prioritize immigrants best equipped to immediately contribute to our economy when we could continue to siphon taxpayer funds to support those with no foundation to add value. :rolleyes1:

Points System for Employment-Based Permanent Residence

The bill would replace the five employment-based green card preference categories with a points system modeled on similar Australian and Canadian immigration programs. The employment-based green card quota would remain capped at 140,000 per year.

The proposed system would award points on a sliding scale based on each applicant’s education level, offered salary, investment level, achievements, age and English-language proficiency. The assessment would give priority to:

• Holders of U.S. advanced STEM or professional degrees;

• Investors contributing $1.35 million to $1.8 million and taking an active management role in a new commercial enterprise in the United States;

• Applicants with a U.S. job offer and an offered salary of 1.5 to 3 times the median household income for the state in which the applicant would be employed; and

• Applicants with extraordinary achievements such as a Nobel Prize, an Olympic medal or a comparable achievement.
    Foreign nationals would have to earn at least 30 points on the 100-point assessment to be eligible for an employment-based green card. Spouses would also undergo a points assessment, though their scores could only decrease or maintain the principal applicant’s score.

Twice a year, the applicants with the highest scores would be invited to apply for permanent residence. If the application were based on a U.S. job offer, the employer would be required to attest that the applicant would not displace a U.S. worker, among other obligations.

Limits on Family-Based Immigration

Family-based immigration would be significantly restricted as follows:

• The family-based green card quota would be limited to 88,000 per year, reduced by the number of foreign nationals who had been granted humanitarian parole but did not depart the United States within a year or became permanent residents within two years.

• The maximum age for dependent children would be reduced to 17 for all U.S. immigration programs, including nonimmigrant visa programs.The current maximum is 20 years of age.

• The green card category for parents of U.S. citizens age 21 and over would be eliminated and replaced with a temporary visa category that would allow parents to enter the United States for a renewable period of five years, but would not permit them to work or access public benefits.

• Green card categories for the adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and permanent residents and for the siblings of U.S. citizens would be eliminated.

• Some approved family-based immigrants in eliminated categories would be grandfathered, while others would be granted points that could be used in an application for employment-based immigration.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  20. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's not what's ridiculous. The scale itself is what's ridiculous. When the majority of your own citizens couldn't even pass the admissions test, that's ridiculous.

What makes it worse is that it reads like a couple of guys sitting around a table coming up with something in about 10 minutes. "We can't keep a Nobel prize winner out, can we?" "Oh right... better put that in there. Make it 25 points so they get in automatically." "OH! And we need more synchronized swimmers, so we gotta get them in there. An Olympic medal and.... Hmmmm.... are there are any other ones?" "Yeah there's that one with the... ummm...." "OK just say "comparable achievement." The bureaucrats can figure it out." "Sweet. We are CRUSHING IT!!!" Wonder what academic achievements would compare with a Nobel Prize?

Teachers? Screw them, we got plenty of them. And if you're single, you REALLY better be banking it, because you have to make more than a two-family income, otherwise you're not worth our time.

Now... if you want to put that rule in place for H1B1 visas and tell employers that they have to pay foreign workers double the going U.S. rate... (Or pay a 50% employment tax, that'd work too), I could see getting behind that.

21. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Immigration is a privilege extended by a country, not a right. Our generosity in this area far surpasses most options Americans have if desiring to relocate elsewhere.

We're not here to offer our resources (taxpayers have paid for over countless years) to everyone who desires a better opportunity than their current environment.

It's about time we started viewing this as how immigration can help America prosper and not how can we help foreigners prosper at the expense of American citizens.

The points system examples you're dogging on (Nobel Prize winner, Olympic athletes, etc) are of the very highest level of priority that describe exceptional candidates. As a matter of fact, those are very fitting examples of exceptional candidates.

Of course the whole system has examples of those who'd fit in each points category. But the opposing MSM selectively chose to feature the most exceptional candidates to paint the points system as outrageous and unattainable and you bought it. Congrats.

The meat of the points system that will actually apply in the vast majority of cases is absolutely practical, smart, and has already been applied successfully in other countries.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  22. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Interesting graph. Strange that they broke it out by education status only for whites. I would have liked to see how the overall college vs non-college educated breakdown looked.

23. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Fair question but with an unfortunately obvious answer - the Republicans didn't actually mean it. Sigh.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Read the footnote.

25. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I am not asking for the POC vote broken down by education status. I was curious to see the breakdown based on education status regardless of race/ethnicity.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

See note at bottom. With the one group, it was pointless to do

edit - OK, I see you found that now

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The liberal chicken was, of course, joyfully appropriated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  28. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

AMEN.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I am starting to think that maybe some of these are sponsored....

[​IMG]

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts