The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You realize the US has been doing both all around the world for some time, including the latter for over 100 years? And that this activity picked up under Obama?

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I fully recognize the US has been meddling in elections via the CIA for some time. What does that have to do with trying to verify and limit it happening here?

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden responded with this to POTUS-Elect Trump's continued downplay of Russian involvement.

Incidentally, he offered options on how to combat Russia. This was the most interesting to me:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nothing. None of this maters. It's all nonsense.
    It is a smokescreen that allows Dems and the media to avoid having to examine how wrong they were about almost everything to do with this election. And why.

But I like it.
    Constantly screaming the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians
    the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians
    the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians
    the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians, the Russians ....
    .... shows you guys have no clue what just happened.
    The great bulk of the American people reject it.
    And, if you keep doing it, you are going to keep losing.
    So, by all means ....

[​IMG]

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wth does this even mean?
    "To reject the fact based narrative"?
    Have any Facts actually been reported?
    Whose narrative and were facts actually provided?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump tweeted out a WAPO article on waste at the Pentagon
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...b0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.1cba15a01104

" The Pentagon has buried an internal study that exposed $125 billion in administrative waste in its business operations amid fears Congress would use the findings as an excuse to slash the defense budget, according to interviews and confidential memos obtained by The Washington Post.

Pentagon leaders had requested the study to help make their enormous back-office bureaucracy more efficient and reinvest any savings in combat power. But after the project documented far more wasteful spending than expected, senior defense officials moved swiftly to kill it by discrediting and suppressing the results.

The report, issued in January 2015, identified “a clear path” for the Defense Department to save $125 billion over five years. The plan would not have required layoffs of civil servants or reductions in military personnel. Instead, it would have streamlined the bureaucracy through attrition and early retirements, curtailed high-priced contractors and made better use of information technology....."

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They concede they have no facts. No evidence. Only an "unnamed source."
    This sentence is buried deep in the WAPO article
    [​IMG]

Further, what kind of person thinks it is credible that the Russians somehow convinced Donna Brazile to improperly leak CNN townhall questions to the Hillary campaign? Or, Hillary "had it in the bag" until Russia hacked the Rust Belt working class and convinced them that she'd keep sending their jobs overseas. Or, Russia made Team Hillary pretend the election would turn on an alleged Trump comment about the 1996 Miss Universe? None of this makes any sense, its a waste of time.

Even this joker gets it --

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Seattle Husker

Remember this?

Trump is too busy with his cabinet appointees (and tweeting about SNL?) so he's delayed his first press conference since July(?) to January. We'll have to wait to see how he intends to resolve his conflicts of interest, if he truly has that intention.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump has a new tweet saying the press conference will be soon.

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

According to the law of the United States, he does not need to resolve any conflicts of interest.

11. Seattle Husker

Yep. He's also saying he's handing over the business to his sons and not making any new deals. One can suspect that leases don't fall into that category, catering or wait...that's impossible. I guess he means no new buildings or his name on any new buildings. He's OK with the country of Bahrain spending $100k at his new hotel in D.C. to celebrate their "national holiday" and other ventures. I'm sure the fact that he's POTUS won't hurt the building permits he's waiting on in Buenes Aires either. In isolation there may not be any nefarious activity or overpayment but these conflicts will plague Trump's tenure.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So I guess this is what will replace THE RUSSIANS!, fake news and recount?

If you guys actually care about 'conflict of interest,' where were you for the Clinton Foundation?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I get it that some of you do not care for this, but I think its smart. At least for now.
    Hold your Press Conference on social media
    Avoid the spin, and 'narrative-setting."
    Why help sell ad spots for fake news media when all they do is dump hate on you?
    Instead, go directly to people.

14. Seattle Husker

Nobody in this entire election cycle has mentioned conflict of interest, right? Call an ambulance because Joe Fan just developed an acute case of Alzheimer's. Why do you think there was pressure to release his tax returns?

If you cared so much about HRC's "conflict of interest" with the Clinton Foundation why is it not an issue now?

15. Seattle Husker

Doesn't "press conference" denote taking questions from the press? I think this is the opposite of a press conference.

He's not avoiding the spin, he's dictating it. You're right, this is smart for the time being while it works. I seem to remember a criticism levied at HRC for doing the same thing but let's not point out the hypocrisy.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I do and it is, for me at least.
    I get it from Trump's perspective.
    However, if it were up to me, she would be doing the perp walk
    She is not just a crook, like Madoff or the Enron folks, she sold out the USA, which is even worse, IMO. No way should she skate. In fact, now that it appears she may, she should be doing the 'walk of shame' over at Trump Tower to kiss his ring.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The media largely ignored the conflicts presented by the Foundation.
    But for Wikileaks and the two lawsuits, it would have been completely ignored
    I would have voted Wiki as Time's Person of the Year

18. Seattle Husker

Let me clarify my point, if you cared so much about HRC's conflict of interest, why don't you equally care as much for Trump's clear conflicts of interest?

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

List of Tech company (CEOs) visiting Trump Tower this week

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You do get that she was an employee of the Federal Government at the time?
    And her behavior at that time fell under certain regs and statues that were (pretty clearly) violated?
    And that Trump has never been an employee of the same?

You never seem to have a basic grasp of the underlying facts of any scenario -- is this because you just dont care?

21. Seattle Husker

And Trump will be an employee of the Federal Government on 1/20. He's fortunate that conflict of interest laws seems to go much easier on the POTUS and VPOTUS but should he continue his current path would have many more conflicts than the purported conflicts that HRC had. I'm not absolving her as I think she should be investigated. It is not a surprise that you poo poo the anticipated Trump conflicts while playing up HRC's.

22. Seattle Husker

I'll take door #2...Show me ENERGY exec donations!

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Would it shock any one of you if one of these crazy lefties tried to kill him?
    They certainly threaten to do so on social media alot

[​IMG]

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OK, so let's review
    You did not actually give a crap when Hillary was doing this as SOS
    But now you care a whole lot about something Trump has not done yet
    Does that fully capture the robustness of your position?

25. Seattle Husker

The difference between the "lefties" and "righties" is that the latter actually shows up with the guns.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Almost all attempted political assassinations in the US have been by lefties
    I have previously posted the list on these pages
    You cannot possibly be this misinformed on US history, can you?

27. Seattle Husker

Yeah, that list was pretty hotly debated but continue on like you were somehow validated. I notice you've moved the goalpost now by saying "almost all" when before it was "all". You're slippery.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Somehow left off lefty Sirhan Sirhan --

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Really? Is it a worthy use of time to debate if John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat (when 99% of Southerners at the time were Democrats)?
    Yes, i do remove myself when it gets completely nonsensical.

30. Seattle Husker

A more complete list of POTUS assassination plots. They have one thing in common: crazy.