The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He only needs 15-20% to win

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If the pro warming scientists sounded less like someone who thinks that rising ocean levels flooded Venice, they would probably have some credibility.:rolleyes1:

3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Water levels are rising in Venice... Is sea level rise not the reason?

4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It all depends on which goofball global warming nutcase you talk to. Newsweek states the ocean floors are sinking. There are also some goobers that state Houston dropped almost an inch from the Harvey rains. It just keeps getting funnier every time they open their mouths.:idk:

5. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Venice is sinking about 2 or 3 millimeters per year.

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's a long shot. He got 8 percent in 2016. The last Republican to get 15 percent was Gerald Ford. The last one to get 20 percent was Nixon in 1960.

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I be they have some serious black mold things going on there....

8. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I was there in October. I didn't see any evidence of flood damage or mold. A lot of the public buildings were elevated and it appeared that many of the old residential buildings were vacant on the first floor. A lot of stone and concrete is used for building materials, both inside and out. So the island has adapted to frequent flooding.

9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

10. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

BTW- that 35 number is low per this site. Next I'll cover the Republican outrage over the Obama family vacations compared to the weekly trips to Trump properties. ;)

Honestly, I could care less about either POTUS golfing but the hypocrisy is delicious. The cost to taxpayers I very much care about.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  11. Seattle Husker

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seattle Husker

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

This one's against my team but it's pretty damn funny.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seattle Husker

To get this one you'll have to be a little familiar with early internet pop culture.
    [​IMG]

16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'd also add those who think Obama was a great president.[​IMG]

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like a positive roar at the CFP game

19. Seattle Husker

20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm sure there were a lot more people in the stadium(Joe's video) than people outside(your video) at that time. Quit bullshitting.

21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't remember anyone in the media complaining about being inconvenienced when Obama shut down events to get in and out. But I guess CNN (and you?) is going to argue that they screened out all the anti-Trump people so that the crowd inside would sound pro-Trump, while all the boo birds were safely stuck in gridlock?

Sheesh... I don't think anyone's arguing that no one booed, but if you were thinking that a Georgia-Alabama game was going to yield a hostile Trump audience, you really have been drinking the MSNBC Kool-Aid that claims the Roy Moore loss was an indictment of Trump and a shift to the left.

22. Seattle Husker

I didn't make any statement but merely posted a video as a response to the rainbow and bubble gum post before it that did make a claim. If it's upsetting that a grouchy group of sports fans standing in the rain for an hour would boo the POTUS then you might want to point the thumbs rather than the finger when locating the source of your angst.

23. ProdigalHorn

Who's upset that fans were booing?

24. Seattle Husker

No, what bothered you was evidence contrary to JoeFans exhaltation above, enough to claim media bias ignoring actual video evidence of what the reporter said.

25. ProdigalHorn

LOL you really have no idea what bothers me.

First, Joe's video just showed that when Trump walked in, the stadium was overwhelmingly cheering. As far as I could tell, he didn't say anything, other than to post the video. The implication was that Trump got a positive reception in the stadium. Are you really going to dispute that?

Second, your video doesn't disprove that. Are you arguing that ESPN collaborated with the Trump team to make it sound like they were cheering but they really weren't? Because otherwise, all you did was show different people in different circumstances and apparently there were boos. OK? What does that have to do with the response inside the stadium? Are you arguing that the stadium barred all the people don't like Trump from coming in so that the response wasn't a true representation of how Atlanta feels about Trump? (And btw, I didn't see any argument that there was no negative response to Trump. Just that the positive was substantially more vocal. And again, if you thought it was going to be otherwise, you really need to get out of your Seattle bubble.)

Third, the "media bias" has nothing to do with whether there were people outside booing, or even the fact that it was mentioned, showing that once again you really don't understand what it is that conservatives see as "bias." (Most of them anyway, some are basically looking for bias in anything and everything.)

Fourth, you're not even being honest about your own motives. You respond to a video talking about Trump's reception in the stadium, and the only claim made was that "Sounds like a positive roar at the CFP game." You respond by posting a video of people stuck outside waiting, and some booing. And you even claim later that you did it in response to the "rainbow and bubble gum post before it that did make a claim" - so in other words it was to refute Joe's video and claim that Trump got a loud and positive reception. But since the video has no relation to Joe's claim, it appears you just stuck it up there to say "Oh yeah??? Well look at these people who couldn't get into the stadium! They weren't all cheering!"

Well guess what, if Texas was playing in that game and I was stuck outside in the cold and rain, you bet I'd be booing. So what??

• Like Like x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

Not sure there is anything to argue about this. Surprised Vets transitioning back from war theaters aren't at the front of the line for VA health services.

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Prodigal kicked his *** so hard he switched topics!

28. Seattle Husker

You missed your opportunity for the BTFO! acronym or is that used only when responding to your alt-right brethren? I'll respond, it takes more time to respond to a longer post.

29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

30. Seattle Husker

"Blown the f*ck out". It's a common acronym on 4Chan and r/the_donald for those that claim some imaginary victory celebrating someone who stated a viewpoint they agree with.