The Foundation is out of control..answer.."lets put not for resale on grandfathered seats"

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by CaptHornAA, Dec 13, 2015.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hope you are not holding your breath Ivan.

2. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like sour grapes to me, bro.

If you agree to pay the asking price for season tickets, then THAT was market rate at the time of purchase.

If you wanted first class but paid for coach rolling the dice there'd be a seat available in First at a lower rate on the day of travel vice the time of booking ... and then don't get it ... nasty gash. Go sit in coach.

Similarly, you're paying to take possession of those Sept-Dec seats in January/Feb ... not on gameday. There's a value to THAT as well. If ya wanna roll the dice on the $178 ticket ... go for it. TCU could easily have been $250 on game day for nosebleed sections (like mine), (probably SHOULD have been) when you purchased your season tickets. 10 or 11 months ago.

you may be interested to know the intra family, equal "status" transfer on our particular tickets will result in a DOUBLING of the cost on those seats we've held since '88. Now THAT seems a bit steep, but we'll make a decision on that when it's time.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

The whole re-selling thing ticks me off. If I want to give away my tickets, or sell them for $1 I just do not see it as anyones business - it's an I bought them, they're mine attitude.
    But to think you could sell these tickets for what we pay now-a-days is insane. The only game of high desire ability this year was the ND game. It only went downhill after that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I agree, ticket prices have gone STUPID. For the price of a single game in the cheap seats one can get across the country ... twice ... and in about the same amount of time each way as one ball game.

But the market has never been accused of being rational.

5. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

No sour grapes, just don't like getting screwed.
    Because of the inferior product, the season tickets were overpriced. In order to keep our seats , we had to pay above demand prices/market cost set by Belmont. The LHF requirement was never lowered and ticket prices increased even though they are called discounted. You know, we are raising season ticket prices 33% and then we are giving you a 4% season ticket discount.
    I count parking costs as part of the season ticket increase.
    To secure the market, we were told we could not resell our tickets leaving Belmont with no competition on selling seats. The end result was numerous empty seats in our section because people dropped out and new people did not buy season tickets.

Belmont then sold discounted tickets in the section for $105.00.

They owe us a refund for the difference of what they charged us per ticket and what the ticket cost was they sold in the section.

The market rate was the season ticket cost per game. The market rate was set by Belmont.

If Belmont chose to reduce the price in the section, the reduction should have been for the entire section.

6. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

OK ...I better understand your point now. Thanks. As Nash indicated, they are overpriced overall ... but at risk of being told to take it to the West Mall ... Title IX

... So, the TCU game had folks in front of you who purchased those tickets ... when? When did they buy their tickets? It matters regardless of the "policy"

The tickets belong to the University, via the AD ... the market changes.

The problem with the action taken by faculty, et al in the OP is that the faculty was not purchasing the tickets. They were being awarded the tickets by the University, then selling 'em. I figure a Season ticket holder can sell his tickets if he wants to do so. There's no name associated with the ticket. now, if the holder breaks rules in the stadium, that may reflect poorly upon the season ticket account holder ... but hey ...

Buy those season tickets at an average $170/ea ... then the team produces and the tickets bring $300 each ... bully for you.

OTOH, buy those tickets in January and you can't give 'em away ... the AD wins (financially). That's the nature of the market. What I don't like is the fact I'll be paying more than double for season tickets for the same seats regardless of the team's performance.