the goldilocks scenario

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by rememberthealamo, Nov 17, 2008.

1. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

...ou beats tech...but just so so...ou struggles or loses to okie st...if tech struggles with baylor...and mizzou...they cannot overcome the initial human polls downgrade after ou loss ...if we are 2 in the bcs and human polls they will not leapfrog tech over us....here is the talking point that we should focus on in our media campaign...never in modern day college football and once in 1948 has a team faced 4 top 11 teams in consecutive weeks and ,alas, for one last lingering second at the end of this 4 game gauntlet.. our worthiness should be questioned vis a vis any other 1 loss team is in a word ludicrous....

2. rememberthealamo

...when you survey the situation ironicallyat # 3 we are in the best posiition of all the top 5 teams in the bcs .in short the probabilties favor us above all others to make it to the championship game ...when you take in consideration the remaining schedule for the respective teams ...first of all the fact is 2 of the four teams will have a loss or another loss before years end....alabama tech fla and ou....moreover those four teams have a cumulative number of games remaining of 10 .....Texas has one.....I welcome any statisical savant to elaborate...

3. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Its like watching the final golf round on a windy day where Texas is in the clubhouse and hoping someone bogeys.

4. rememberthealamo

amen...on the back nine of augusta... two twosomes remain ...and we are happy to sign the scorecard if the winner beats us by a stroke and we claim second...

5. NEOKHORN

NEOKHORN 100+ Posts

6. anhyzer

anhyzer 250+ Posts

7. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

8. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

what anhyzer said.

ou is good but not near invincible--and no way does BU beat Tech if a championship is on the line. So I would rather be in Tech's shoes than ours even though they have to travel to Norman.

Would also have to think that the winner of the SEC championship game--if that is Bama and Fl--is in good shape. Frankly, I like Florida's chances, and would rather be in their shoes than ours. (If they get a late season win over #1)

having said all of that, we still have a decent chance. just don't see how we have a better chance than Tech or AL/FL

9. Booyakasha!

Booyakasha! Guest

Tech's buttholes will be getting tighter and tighter as they approach a chance to play for all the marbles, something they've never come close to. If they somehow beat OU, i like their chances of losing to mIzzou in the CCG.

10. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I have always like Colt's attitude.... "good things will happen..."

So it is written. So let it be.

11. rememberthealamo

My intent was to suggest that we have the best odds of all the remaining top 5 teams in the BCS to make the championship game...based on the remaining schedules and where we are positioned relative to the field....not who controls whose destiny....the only certainty that remains in this chaos is that 2 teams have a loss coming...and 4 teams have a total of 10 games left....and if history of the BCS is a guide the teams with the most games down the stretch are the ones most at risk....I think this year is like 2001....the shortest route from austin to miami may not be through kansas city....