The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Detective Shilala, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I did my homework:

The Good:
    -We won.
    - Card. Bijan. JWhitt.

The Bad:
    - Dicker missed a FG...
    - Looks like Card got a lot of pressure. How many sucks and hurries..

The Ugly:
    - LSU's new uniforms. Don't get me wrong, yellow and purple is bad. But why mess with tradition?

Seriously though If anyone wants to make a serious attempt, that would be awesome! I am too lazy / busy.

Also, too bad the trolls ran off HPSlugga. I thought his scorecards were insightful.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

OL needs work for sure, were able to get off the field on 3rd down (something they haven't had much success at for a long time), were able to overcome offensive penalties. Biggest positive; No WTF is he thinking coaching decisions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Also no WTF is he thinking throws from either QB.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Sorry you think trolls ran that guy off. Maybe it was his arrogant, never wrong, smug style of posting that ran him off.

Seriously, I didn't need his stupid scorecard to tell how Texas played each week. Who actually couldn't get a sense of each game without seeing those scores each week?

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • poop x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Hot x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  5. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I liked the scorecards too, it's interesting to see the data on various aspects of the game

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

After the first one, I never read his scorecard. Maybe arrogance, but I didn't think I needed someone to explain what I just saw. Don't remember much else about the guy, but if people enjoyed his scorecard, wish he would come back for them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. horninchicago

I'm with you, I didn't need his analysis. Not saying he shouldn't come back, couldn't care less either way.

For someone who posted in a manner of being such a tough guy, I'm not sure how he could have gotten his feelings hurt so as to have been "run off". Seems contradictory to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I was 13 when Okafor arrived on campus. You'd think he wouldn't have been guilty of 2 holds in an opening game after all these decades.

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

And Joe Fan, as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Yeah I was going to add "drive-killing penalties" to the Ugly list. We still can't seem to get out of our own way, especially after putting together a couple of first downs and then implode on the opponent's side of the field. I think we put together at least another FG and TD without the penalties.

I thought we got a little sloppy with substitutions and defensive reads in the 2nd half. Dudes would swap out and the sub wouldn't stay at home on those long plays in the 4th. I liked how they clamped down at the very end of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I don’t know that hpslugga was “run off” per se. my troll comment was in jest really.

It was actual football information , and it got people talking (even if they had a problem with the way worked) so it was welcome by me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. horninchicago

Gotcha. (See, he would never acknowledge a comment like yours here)

It did get discussion going. My beef was that if anyone questioned him on anything, he deemed that poster to not be a "serious person". He liked to determine around here who the serious people were and weren't.

So, sorry for sort of derailing your OP, but I just couldn't let it go lol.

• Like Like x 3
  14. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

No....JoeFan's scorecards sucked

15. RainH2burntO

All of this^^^^^^

16. horninchicago

When you have a team of players who purportedly played little league, middle school, high school, and now college, who still haven't learned the rules and how to not be penalized, it will take the new regime some time to get it across.

17. RainH2burntO

I'm so confused...
    Are you saying he was judging others here?
    I was under the impression there were no standards in this joint.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. horninchicago

He never admitted he was wrong. Ever. He was never wrong. Anyone who thought he was wrong or had a differing opinion, he dismissed as a "not serious" person.

Total arrogance. Supposedly he coached high school, so we were all just mere mortals whose eyes on the TV screen weren't correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. horninchicago

Ha, I just remembered he screamed from upon High that Chad Morris was the next great Texas coach or should be. What a joke.

People here were drooling for Morris because hp said so. Comical, really.

20. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^Yes!
    Especially the last sentence which totally nailed It: " No WTF is he thinking coaching decisions."

• Like Like x 1
  21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hey, they let ME in here, so whatever standards they have...I'm good with them.

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. RainH2burntO

Wow....I'm slow....
    Took me a second to figure out who ME was (really)
    Can I still cut it here?

23. horninchicago

You can't determine if you are a serious person or not. That poster is no longer here.

24. RainH2burntO

See what you did there??

25. horninchicago

I can't tell if you're being serious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. horninchicago

You must have edited your comment as I was making my comment above.

27. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I loved discussing his ratings. People would get all down on getting "12 out of 21" checkmarks or whatever, but it gave a good baseline for what a team was capable of.

I disliked his "coaching tree" stuff. While no one doubts that Run & Shoot had an impact on the evolution of offenses, NONE of those teams in the Mouse Davis tree amounted to jack ****. We're talking like Jenkins/Pardee, or June Jones, or Jerry Glanville, or whoever. All of those teams would score in bunches and play defense like a bunch of sissies, and the lack of championships backs it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. RainH2burntO

I did....sorry to add confusion.
    I was referring to your "you can't determine if you are a serious person" instead of " can"
    ...in light of my slowness to comprehend Sangre's post....
    Maybe I still can't even without hpslug

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. RainH2burntO

My wife says this^^^^ to me all the time.
    Along with "No one gets your humor"

• Funny Funny x 5
  30. horninchicago

Are we married to the same person?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1