The Good

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by wadster, Oct 25, 2019.

1. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I've been focused on the bad all week. It's easy when you just really have issues with the staff. Not much different than the way most of us felt pre VY with GD. You knew he was holding us back but Mack wouldn't move him.

But on the other side of the line, there has been some significant good. RJ, Duv, Sam are all having special seasons. I expected this from Sam, but the others have been true breakouts. Dicker nails again. Punting has been solid as well. Quit returning kicks and putting the O in bad spots, and get even mid Big12 D and we're playing OU again. Not sure we can beat them, but if the OLine plays better and having CJ back, you never know. I do think we can lose 1 more and still play OU. I'll be shocked if anyone else gets to the CCG unless Baylor beats us and has the tie break and both have 2 losses. Least we should get some help back by the time we play them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

OSU vs. ISU result will be interesting. Win tomorrow, go to 2nd break and keep healing and practicing. Just improve and all else will work out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I can't disagree with that. Can you imagine what the season would look like without these guys?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

We are 5-2 with only losses to top 5 teams.
    We can still play for a conference championship.
    We can still end up in at least a NY Day bowl.
    Yea, it's all good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

We have a record setting defense :fire:
    We good :hookem:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Here’s some good news, and it’s rather important:

Last year, and the first couple of games this year, Boyce was a liability at CB. He is now developing into a pretty decent CB. Now, I’m glad he’s on the field. That’s a good trend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1