The Greatest of All Time has passed

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

May he rest. He inspired millions and millions.
    We are thankful for him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

RIP Rush.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I heard him on the radio 1-2 weeks ago, and I recall thinking he sounded pretty good. Anyone know when he was last on?

5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

This will have a big impact on conservative talk radio. Couldn’t have come at a worse time. Who out there can fill his shoes?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No one

Tucker Carlson is the best "runner up" at the moment and shares many similar views. But it took years for Carlson to figure out who he was. Rush was born that way

• Like Like x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dr Joe
    I also thought of Tucker
    Not that he or anyone could replace Rush
    But that he might be able to be a face for conservatism
    Not at Fox though

• Like Like x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Every time I hear Tucker my thought is his days are numbered.
    Traveling the roads of Tenn got to hear Rush a lot. Not so much after love to Texas but he was definitely the best.

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The other obvious candidate is probably Sean Hannity, whom I don’t care for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The lefties are really showing their fear of Rush.

12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I first listened to him in the 80s and thought he had a great radio voice and presence. I never had much use for a lot of his message but he was great at lampooning his targets and I will miss his sense of humor

my mom died of the same disease and I wouldn’t wish it on a dog

RIP

• Like Like x 4
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

See if you can spot the difference

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Rush once said college women should pay for their contraceptives and he is labeled as a misogynist. That, and he hated Hillary.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Did he ever say the N word like the NYT reporter?

16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Believe it or not I listened to him some in the mid 1990’s. I liked him then.

17. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

He played "Barak the magic negro" on his show.

He once had a regular bit where he'd announce the names of those that died recently with Aids while celebrating.

He once told a black caller to "take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

Or when quoting Hu Jintao, he said: "’Ching cha. Ching chang cho chow. Cha Chow. Ching Cho. Chi ba ba ba. Kwo kwa kwa kee. Cha ga ga. Ching chee chay. Ching zha bo ba. Chang cha. Chang cho chi che. Cha dee. Ooooh chee bada ba. Jee jee cho ba.' Nobody was translating, but that's the closest I can get.”

That's just a sampling.

RIP Rush. I truly hope his family can find peace.

With that said, our airwaves are better without his vitriol demonizing the opposition for having the audacity to have a different set of priorities.

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Just in case anybody doesn’t know: Chairman Mao is recorded history’s all time biggest mass killer. And it’s not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

he is not the greatest of all time. He was a racist and told lies. He was a horrible person.

• poop poop x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Obviously Libs hate him. He called out and exposed their bullshite....I mean their "different set of priorities"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Just wanted to let you know that I read your book

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think Hannity is good at messaging and staying focused. Plus he is usually not afraid to tackle the great monolith that is the liberal govt/media complex. But he is nowhere near the thinker as Rush and lacks that ability to simplify complex material. And now Fox news is tainted

I was trying to think of anyone else might make the short list
    Ben Shapiro? he's quite good but has his "shortcomings" too
    I think Jack Posobiec is terrific, but he might be better with the written word rather than the spoken word
    We have a local guy who is very good (and funny) named Michael Berry, who is UT Law and a former City Councilman, but I suspect his appeal probably stops at the state border

Who else you got?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Rush's humor was a key to his massive success. It was part political show, part comedy show. Especially his funny songs. We need more news talkers that are funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

My all-time favorite guest host on Rush's show was Walter Williams, but he too, sadly, has passed. I would say my favorite current guest host is Mark Stein. He has a good sense of humor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Michael Berry is fantastic, and his show is in many markets outside of Texas. I'd love to see his footprint growing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was aware he is in western Louisiana, but did not know his reach went further than the coonasses.

[​IMG]

28. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

He hasn't been in radio for a while, but I loved Bill Bennett when he had his "Morning In America" show. He wouldn't be the fire brand Rush was, but he was a very deep thinker.

29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Article

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

His nanny was one of my housemates
    She loved him