The happiest angry protestors ever?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Summerof79, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Has anyone besides myself noticed how often the angry heathcare protestors seem to have grins and smirks on their faces? Some are clearly legitimately pissed but overall these protesters seem to be the happiest angry folks I have ever seen. The grins, the smiles the smirks... maybe they aren't so much angry as happy to be disrupting?

2. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Hey, after the 8 years of griping we heard about Bush, yeah it is kind of fun to get a little payback. [​IMG]

3. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

Lotta truth to that, Oilfield.

4. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

I agree Oilfield- it's not about anger it's about politics and smiles and smirks.

Of course GWB gave it to our country in the *** financially and the smirking and smiling were with him all the way! So I understand that the smirks ar political thanks for being honest Oilfield and admitting that these protests are largely manufactured outrage.

5. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Man, do you ever ease up? You may want to look into on who has been "Giving it to us" worse than GWB ever did. I'll give you a hint, he's on TV a lot!

6. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

in the first three years of BHO's administration he'll have created more debt than Bush did in eight.

7. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Stop attempting logic and reason on Summer. In his world, the Bush administration spending $1 is justification enough for Obama spending $3. He'll rail on about how Bush bankrupted us with his spending and how Obama's spending saves us. That is the basic gist of his fiscal posts.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan 1,000+ Posts

They are obviously happy about the opportunity to finally meet their congressional representative face-to-face and give that person a piece of their mind.

Also, they are probably happy that they live in a country that is sufficiently self-confident to allow its people to elect their own leaders and throw the rascals out if they refuse to listen to the voters instructions.

9. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Guys we haven't even added up the Final tally for GWB's fiscal largesse. That clock stops ticking on October 1st.

I also happen to have not woken up yesterday and started counting the spending. I was screaming whent he GOP repeatedly lifted the debt ceiling again,,, and again... and again... in a time of relative plenty.

Yes Bush left us in the shitter and forced out hand on spending. And yes it's costing us a SHITLOAD to try and clean up Bush;s mess he handed off. And YES, the fact that Bush spend so much in a time of relative plenty it makes doing the things we need to do in our country in a time of recession MUCH more difficult.

and yes.... it's nice to see the folks who woke up in 2009 and started becoming concerned with deficit spending and the future. [​IMG]

10. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Summer, conservatives have been talking for many years that Bush was not a conservative when it came to spending....we just did not start talking about it this year. BHO is just like Bush only worse.

[​IMG]

11. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

12. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

I must have misunderstood the Constitution. I thought only Congress could authorize a budget. Or did Pelosi and the D majority try to spend what they thought would make Bush happy? Don't be daft; as fiscally irresponsible as Bush might have been, this situation is more on the Ds. I am neither D nor R and wish a pox on both houses of waste, but Bush had no political capital to push spending his last few years. It demeans who argues otherwise even to try.

13. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

Bush's error was never vetoing a bloated budget sent by Congress when controlled by Rs or Ds. I'm fairly confident he would have vetoed the Stimulus/Spending Bill of 2009 however.

14. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Remember when Bush started this war in Iraq and everyone was protesting and Obama promised to pull out immediately so no more americans would die. Yet 94 americans have died in Iraq (i'm spotting him january) since obama took office. I'm no longer hearing media outrage about the war, seeing protests or hearing about cindy sheehan living in a tent. It's almost as if the war outrage was manufactured.

15. COmountainhorn

COmountainhorn 250+ Posts

16. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

I saw a story fairly recently that Cindy Sheehan was protesting at Bush's Dallas home now. Someone might want to tell her that the pesky constitution knocked him out of office.

17. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

18. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

19. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

20. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

21. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

kpg-

22. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Summerof79, I have little doubt that you are educated enough to know that spending bills originate in the House, must pass the Senate, and further must get past the President (signed, veto + overriden, or passively). I also give you credit for realizing that the House, under late Bush 43, wrote budgets independently of the POTUS and essentially offered him the choice of veto/power struggle or quiescence. Bush could no doubt have fought harder, but do not let yourself be deluded into thinking the spending bills were his. You are brighter than that. Bush is now gone and can no longer let us down by failing to fight Pelosi's excessive spending bills. Pelosi is still around and hemorrhaging our money, however. Show your command of consitutional and political truth and cease pretending that Bush was calling any national political shots of import the last few years. At the end most Rs were not even in his corner.

EDIT name corrected

23. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

24. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

kpg- why was Bush powerless? Wehn his party held both branches of governemtn he was powerless. When the dems held a majority in one house Bush was powerless.

Yet today you apparently believe that Obama is all powerful.

Nice the way responsiblity is selectively allocated by you depending apparently by the political party affiliation.

But as always I do enjoy the same folks that whistled past the graveyard with the occassional musing about concerns about spending now full bore focused on spending. Fascinating to me to see the wholesale shift in focus, and intensity of focus that simply was not there as the debt was rung up again, and again and again.

25. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

26. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts