The Inauguration

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 20, 2017.

1. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Damm...that's a good analysis.

2. texas_ex2000

https://nyti.ms/2jKfTwd

From the NYTimes Style Editor. Melania looked ridiculously amazing. I wish Trump would take a cue. Lose a few pounds, clean up you hair around the ears, and BUTTON YOUR JACKET!

Honestly, all the Trump women looked very stylish. Am I the only one who really like Kelly Anne Conway's Gucci red white and blue dress? I don't know if non high-fashion people would appreciate it as much as Garment District professionals. She looked very beautiful on Thursday night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  3. texas_ex2000

Really, they should be counting their luck stars...they could have gotten Cruz instead.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I agree with you. I don't care for protests or protestors to begin with, and these marches or demonstrations as often as not, turn violent and destructive as their personalities of the group turn from individual into a "mob mentality." But if there are going to be protests, which is every American's right, don't do it at memorials.

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Oh Lord!! That would have been awful to put it mildly.

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Can't take credit, read it somewhere else.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two things. First, they never really cared about the misogyny. They cared about the politics. That's why they were OK with Bill Clinton being a colossal pig (at least as bad as Trump) but thought Mitt Romney (who was a gentleman) was anti-woman. Second, they're going to tell their daughters that they wore the idiotic hats and t-shirts with the coarse language as an act of protest and as a sign of solidarity with other women and sisterhood (a little like black folks who drop n-bombs around each other).

By the way, I found out today that my cousin is at the DC rally and posted a photo of herself wearing the hat. Ugh.

But that's everything (or at least 90 percent of it). The "war on women" narrative is all about abortion and issues connected or related to abortion. They bring up equal pay to try to give the illusion that it's not all about abortion, but it's all about abortion. If you are pro-life, then you are a combatant in the "war on women." It's that simple.

Very true, but donating money to the worthy charitable causes you mention doesn't serve a political agenda and present opportunities for self-aggrandizement. It just helps women who are in need. They care about doing the former, not the latter.

Or you're a person guided by real principles that aren't easily shaken by the cheap and shallow allure of identity politics.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think I get this. On one side, you have women who would prefer to be touched by a billionaire and on the other side there are women who would not (plus not be associated with Republican government and pro-life policies). This march is for the latter half to remind themselves that they are not the former half.

9. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

The party of NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :smile1:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. All about abortion. Link.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Isn't Trump pro choice ? Or at least he has said Roe blade is the law and he has never said anything about working to change that.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

His most recent comments indicate that he's pro life and would appoint pro life justices. Link.

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Appointing pro life justices is not the same as being anti-woman (whatever the hell that means).

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course it's not, but saying that it is the same motivates radical feminist types to vote Democratic.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

SNL skit on Obama
    so weird
    even the handful of liberals whose brain is not fully eaten by bugs from outer space think it was weird

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why do lefties think its OK for them to attack 10 year old kids?
    The top one is an SNL writer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not allowed in polling places, schools, gov’t buildings?
    Bars?
    Air travel?
    License required to be in public?
    Some sizes illegal?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

here, another 'progressive' hits woman in the face

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

language

[​IMG]

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I love how she called them "victim blamers" when they protected the guy. So much for defeating the "war on women".

25. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Everyone is oversimplifying the Womxn's march if you think it's only about abortion. Yes, that is clearly a core issue and Trump would be best served to not poke the bear by defunding Planned Parenthood.

Still, Trump's views on women are much more than his abortion stance. You'd have to disregard the multitude of sexual harassment claims against him, the Billy Bush tape, the comments on the Howard Stern show, the treatment of Carly Fiorina and others to believe that he doesn't have a misogynistic view of women. Ivanka Trump is one of the only arguments against this and in this case you can clearly see that family trumps other views.

My prevailing thoughts from the Womxn's march is that HRC couldn't rally that support. That's the failure in her campaign. She couldn't realize that potential. I'm sure the Dem's are already trying to figure out how to tap into it. Their future success may depend on it.

26. texas_ex2000

Completely typical.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL, thanks for the coffee thru the nose!
    Ahsley Judd does not need any of your mansplaining
    She can tell you what its all about in her own words in less than 1M

28. Seattle Husker

That's one opinion...of many. Opinions are like ********...

29. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

American males have no idea the gigantic bullet we dodged when HC lost. The women's suffering hoax would've consumed the landscape to a sickening level.

Months ago HC was winning in the polls and the U.S. Women's Soccer team started their equal pay protesting. It was a tiny preview of the women's rights movement about to launch itself across all avenues of American life.

If and when HC sealed the deal, it was coming like a freight train. So glad the public broke the tracks before they arrived at the station.

I'm all for equality, but this movement was about to go ballistic and infect the country with emotional propaganda far beyond facts-based grievances.

Modern Libs never bother with silly things like facts when wearing the crown.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Seattle Husker

Nope...no anti-women sentiment in the Trumpsters. :lmao:

In one post, you've validated the 1.5M people that joined the Womxn's march. Bravo. Nice attempt to absolve your misogynist sentiment with the "I'm all for equality, but..."

It's perfectly fine to hold that opinion but don't be surprised when the misogynist label is appropriately applied.