The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by BurntOrange03, Jun 15, 2008.

1. BurntOrange03

BurntOrange03 100+ Posts

I was surprised not to see a post about the movie on here

I thought it was really good...not as good as Iron Man but not too far behind

Edward Norton did a really good job but ive liked him in just about all his movies so its not surprising

last fight was CGI heavy but it was still really cool

this was pretty much the definition of a summer action movie imo

2. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, I thought it was significantly better than the Ang Lee affair, but worse than Iron Man. All in all a success. Better than I expected.

This worries me though...

3. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Took my kids to see it this weeken d-- it was good. Agree that it was not as good as Iron Man, but it was a good movie.
    Best action scene: some lady busting two teenagers making out in the top row during the middle of the movie. [​IMG]

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

5. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

For some reason I want Cap to be Nathan Fillion.

6. TEXumAS

TEXumAS 25+ Posts

When will H'wood stop making 10 comic book movies per year? Is it just me, or aren't you guys getting tired of the comic book turned movie assembly line they've been feeding us?

I'm guessing that GI Joe is already in production....

7. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

It is.

Actually, I'm enjoying it. We are going to get mindless action movies no matter what... so why not superheroes?

8. ProdigalHorn

Personally I like the superhero action movies. You have an almost limitless number of NEW stories (unlike the rehashed stuff we typically get) and new characters to mine, and as we're about to see, you get all kinds of options for crossovers (i.e. The Avengers).

Frankly, it requires less suspension of belief for me to watch Batman or Spiderman performing spectacular feats than it does to watch, for example, ordinary regular guy street cop John McClain drive a car into a helicopter.

9. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

10. ProdigalHorn

11. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

How many individual superhero movies will be made before the Avengers movie? I know we have Ironman, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and Shield leader Nick Fury.....who am I missing?

12. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

It doesn't sound like Nick Fury is getting a movie, but Antman is.

13. ProdigalHorn

14. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

15. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

As I understand it, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain Americe will all release before The Avengers.

16. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

As will Antman

17. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

That is overkill.

18. ProdigalHorn

Well, Avengers was slated for 2011, so I don't see them squeezing in four more movies before they release that one. Could be wrong on that - and do we really NEED a feature film on Antman? I just don't see that being much of a draw.

19. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

Apparently Antman is set for 2010.
    The Link

20. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

They are shooting for the original avengers, plus Cap who joined in issue 4. The earlier stories were frequently about chasing/containing the Hulk, who was on their side but unpredictable.

I agree that it seems as though Antman doesn't deserve his own feature. The general population's lack of familiarity with him means they are going to have to up the ante on that film to make it alluring. I'm not really sure what they have in store, but it seems like a hail mary to me... and that could also be interesting.

[​IMG]

21. ProdigalHorn

Ahh the good ol' comic days when everyone said "Bah!"

I do like the idea of having Hulk as the "wild card element" rather than a group member per se. I just don't know how else it really works.

22. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

that's what iron man originally looked like?

23. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

More or less... here is the cover to his original appearance...

[​IMG]

24. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

DiCaprio???!!

That sucks.

Captain America has always been my favorite superhero.

[​IMG]

25. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

I'd like a nova or a green lntern movie

26. trkhorn

trkhorn 25+ Posts

Hulk was a decent flick for sure. My general gripe w/these superhero movies is, why not just leave it like the comic book? For example, in the comic book Hulk speaks - rather child-like, but there is a good deal more reasoning going on than a raging monster who can only say "Hulk Smash". But, I guess I'm nitpicking. Antman, that is a REACH. How bout a remake of Daredevil since the first one was so awful?

27. ProdigalHorn

28. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

trkhorn, I think you are being a little nitpicky, especially since this is an issue which isn't all together consistent even in the comic books. In any event, the comics themselves "retcon" (change their own history on the fly) all the time. There is a big difference in media between comics and movies, and I believe the greater responsibility is an entertaining movie. That said, I did appreciate all of the stuff lifted directly from the TV show, including the opening sequence, that made me smile.

As to DareDevil, I love that comic and I love to see them take another whack at it. My only concern is that Daredevil was at its best when it was the most stylized. Specifically my concern is that a movie can't convey internal dialogue they way the comics do. In any event, if they pull off the avengers run of 6 movies unscathed, I guarantee you we will see Daredevil along with a host of others.

29. bevo_daddy

bevo_daddy 500+ Posts

I liked the movie but did not like Liv Tyler's performance, maybe I just don't like the way she talks. I thought it was awesome when he got pissed off at the storm though.

Also, apparently he turns into the Hulk when he gets excited in the sack? I'm sure there's some girl out there that would love to sleep with the Hulk. That would be cool

30. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

She's really not a good actress, and there were a couple of scenes which were just dead... but I didn't think it undid the movie.

I liked Blonsky on the Captain formula. If that was we should expect to see the next time around, I'll be happy. It was weird that Roth, the best actor in the movie, only got like 10 lines... and it was also strange seeing him offered as a military badass. I swear you can see his spine through his sunken in chest.