The Intelligent Designer ain't a nice guy

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by GT WT, Apr 10, 2012.

1. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

In 'The Edge of Evolution' arch-creationist Michael Behe makes the following observation:

2. LongJohn

LongJohn 100+ Posts

whatever

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

GTWT, your objections aren't an issue for Biblical theology. Genesis 1-3 explains all the issues you raise.

4. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

5. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

7. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

8. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Perhaps a better question is why you feel the need to disrespect people?

9. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

Who, exactly, have I disrespected?

[​IMG]

10. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Christians have a profound disconnect when it comes to realistically assessing the actions of their god, or gods. They just gloss over it.

Using their own text clearly shows the killing tendencies of their god.

11. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

12. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

13. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

14. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Once again, a West Mall type poster comes onto Quacks to inflame rather than discuss. It's rather disingenuous.

You and I know there are multiple web based resources to answer your objections/claims.

15. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

16. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

An indirect approach would have probably been better, something like 'Which philosophy do you believe, an eye for an eye or two wrongs don't make a right? How do you think God chooses which philosophy to follow?"

17. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

18. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

Insider drops the dynamite - nice!

How ironic is it the same people who shove global warming down our throats also believe two particles were able to come together by chance out in the vast universe and created everything you see today. And, THEY'RE the ones who think we are crazy for believing in God, much less Jesus Christ

19. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

20. Trusted Insider

21. BuffaloBayouBevo

BuffaloBayouBevo 100+ Posts

Trusted Insider: There is nothing inconsistent about believing in a God that created the Universe (or whatever is else is out there) and even life itself, while fully accepting Darwinian evolution.

22. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

^^^^

I think it was the poster KyrieEleison who used to write about such issues.

23. Trusted Insider

24. BuffaloBayouBevo

BuffaloBayouBevo 100+ Posts

25. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

Firstly, I don’t wish you to change your faith. I respect faith; it offers immeasurable strength. I do enjoy a good open-minded conversation about such topics. I am open to your arguments even if you’re not open to mine. I think the philosophy of Christ is one of the most brilliant, evolved philosophies in existence. We would all do better by following Jesus' lead.

26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Very good post Gadfly.

27. Trusted Insider

28. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

29. stormhorn

stormhorn 250+ Posts

Excellent discussion. I can't say I've read it all, but i get the gist. I have 4 things to add, if I may.

First, Dionysus is correct in my estimation. Faith must and will always be faith. My contention, and that of many other evangelicals is that it is not an unreasonable faith. I do not have to check my brain at the door of the church.

Second, and on topic... The design of malaria is accounted for in Genesis 3 as noted above. God told Adam that he would die if he sinned (ate the fruit). He ate the fruit and he got the due punishment for his perversion. The text states that God cursed both Adam, Eve, the ground, and the serpent. Gathered up in these curses were physiological changes evidenced by pain in child bearing, changes in the growth of vegetation that required cultivation, and death (and/or decay). I would suggest that malaria came at this point, but its just a product of my faith.

Third, you may respond, God is omniscient and foreknew Adam's sin and yet he created him anyway and so on God's shoulders is the blame for malaria, aids, Sodom, etc. Fair enough, and on this issue we find grace, because it was His son Jesus that was predestined, before the foundations of the world to be brought into the world as a redeemer. The plan to restore preceded the curse (assuming there is time).

Fourth, there is a difference between murder and judgment (or capital punishment). The nations/cities that were destroyed were destroyed because of their own corruption Deut 9:4-6. Additionally, the only one who can justifiably take life is the one who has the ability to give it back.

30. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

Great discussion. The lesson here is to post something interesting, then shut up while the conversation develops.