The Irate 8 - What do hope for them?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jul 28, 2021.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Won’t happen. Twelve of there basketball programs total revenue will not equal even half of one quality football program. Money is driving the train.

Wait until Fox shows up with a TV contract for $5 million a year per school if that.

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

No thanks. Especially SMU. None of those teams are P5 programs.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Neither are any of the four voted in

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The B12 is done as a P5 conference as soon as Texas and ou play their last game. B12 should probably drop down to the Group of 5 making it the Group of 6 and call it a day.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think you are missing the strategy, which is to pick up the best teams left on the board and hope to land better options when the Big 4 reshuffles in 10 years or so.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The TV contract is up in 25 (???), but without Texas & OU, the TV guys are going to banging on Bowelsby's door screaming, "Oh, hell no". Money gets cut to zilch when the Houston vs Kansas game has fewer viewers than pickle ball or bowling.

Texas & OU are going to tell Bowelsby to shove it when he wants to split our pie with BYU. It will get nasty, Bowelsby will get fired, and your reorganization will still be 7 years away.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I forgot to include the cash flow risk as they play the long game. Some business ideas are fairly great if you get past the cash flow issues.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

You’re turning me on.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

820 AM* radio in DFW this morning said that the PAC offered TCU and Houston to join (but for football and basketball only), and apparently they wanted Houston most of all. TCU and UH turned them down to go Big 12 instead.

USC, Oregon and friends wanted the media exposure and playing in DFW and Houston for recruiting.

TCU and UH did not like the idea of not including the other sports.

*That's what they said, so don't jump all over me if it's just a rumor.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

More Clint Foster. Another good one:

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And another. One of the best guys on the internet currently...

• Like Like x 1
  12. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

More fun in the stands... WVU vs VaTech