The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I bet you agree with white nationalists on certain subjects.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I was lazy and didn't use quotations. The "good people"...

3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

But I disagree with them on big ticket items. If the glove doesn't fit....

The culture needs to put them back in their hoods and in the corners of society.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

No kidding. "Boomer Sooner!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Of course, O.J. was guilty.

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

OUBubba thinks is more likely to be killed by his 2nd cousin I guess. Family reunions must be tense.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Statistically speaking, I am confident that is true.

8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

We agree for the first time... :)

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, he did. You didn't read the transcript of the press conference. You took Jim Acosta's characterization of it and deemed it truthful. To be fair, I did too. And then I read what was actually said.

10. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

OK so I drove thru there this morning. It says "Persist" on one side, and "Resist" on the other side. Those words are on the top. At the bottom, it says "Revolution" but the "evol" in the word is written backwards (so it says "love") which was a Ron Paul thing.

All that went out the window for me, tho, when I saw the "Bernie Sanders 2020" banners on the wall. They've gone full commie.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So it’s agreed that Trump wasn’t referring to the white supremacists, but “other” people. Now you are attempting to dodge the original issue by asking who these people are. I take that as a win. Also, how do you know who was there? To answer your question, they were apparently locals as well as out of town folks who showed up to defend the statues not knowing it was a racist rally. They said it wasn’t clear from the posters, etc that it had anything to do with white supremacy.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How about extending the transcript one or two more lines where Trump said it he wasn’t referring to the nazi’s and he condemns them totally? Stop being dishonest.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Regardless of what you said, people including Jews attended the rally on Saturday for their own reasons. They said it was not obvious to them what was going on. Sorry your virtue signaling does not comport with reality.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Which side started identity politics?

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Like Antifa?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Not really. He drew a moral equivalence between white supremacists and those standing next to them and those protesting them. In the wake of a white supremacist mowing down a crowd with his car Trump had the chance to unequivocally say this wasn't right. His speechwriters had given him the speech doing just that and Trump could help himself from going off script and giving an out to those standing next to White Supremacists. As a progressive, if I attended a rally and saw people that I didn't want to be associated with standing next to me, I'd leave. Assume there were animal rights activists throwing red paint on people or anarchists at a WTO rally. If I stood by and didn't try to correct their behavior than I shouldn't be surprised if I became linked to them.

This is the problem. Much of the right, most importantly Trump, wants to stand by and claim this element isn't part of the party while every chance it gets to distance itself it fails.

17. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

For the record, I dont support Antifa, anarchists or any form of violence or hate led protesting

18. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

hahaha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump has disowned white supremacists more times than Antifa.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You think you are smart but you are not. Take the bottom poster (this one has been commented on by those who attended - I don’t know about the top one). People who attended had no idea what the names of the speakers signified. When asked about the eagles, they saw nothing wrong with it. Again, Jews attended this rally not knowing the reason. The NYT interviewed a “fine person” who didn’t know the purpose of the rally. Finally, Trump stated his assumption that he believed fine people were there. By arguing whether that was true or not, you are effectively admitting that Trump wasn’t referring to white supremacists.

• poop poop x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently you don’t read very well. THERE WERE PEOPLE ATTENDING THE RALLY ASSUMING IT WAS ABOUT THE STATUES, NOT WHITE SUPREMACY. You don’t get to wish it away because of your TDS and confirmation bias.

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I read the transcript of his statement. He condemned the neo-Nazis unequivocally. What he acknowledged is that there were people who both opposed the removal of the statue and supported the removal who were fine people and didn't cause trouble. He wasn't referring to the neo-Nazis or the Antifa people.

What pisses off the media is that he didn't give Antifa and others like them a pass. He condemned them as well, and the media deemed that as equivocating on his condemnation of the neo-Nazis. That's a false premise.

If you want to argue that the "fine people" should have left when things got ugly, that's a fair point. They probably should have. Some probably did. Some probably didn't and should have.

And again, if I had been involved in this, I would have been on the side of removing the statue. Obviously, I wouldn't have hung out with Antifa, but I would have been one of the "fine people" on the side of taking it down.

This is because no degree of distancing is going to be enough for the party's political adversaries, because they benefit from the narrative. If he condemns neo-Nazis, they'll say he's not condemning them fast enough, strongly enough, etc. They're in a lose-lose situation.

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Stop wasting your effort. He's beyond hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

On "The Five" just now they were doing a story about the Yankees GM being pulled over at gunpoint for some reason. In trying to make a point about how people should never be at gunpoint from the police, Juan Williams said, "...if he was a minority, people would be flipping out."

Exactly, Juan. Exactly. Whether or not people should be placed at gunpoint, CNN and MSNBC et al would go nuts over the racist police.

25. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

No one believes you. Jews did not attend. That’s a lie. I’m the first person to question the intelligence of any supporter on the right dumb enough to show up on Friday night. But how long was it before the chants of “Jews will not replace us” began? Check the timeline.

But please share a link to back up your BS.

Lawmakers, national figures react to Trump's Charlottesville comments

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I believe him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Cognitive dissonance doesn’t allow you to believe it.

28. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

No. This is your opening to provide a link and that supports your claim. Please. I’m genuinely interested.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You have to hear Scott Adams describe conversations with these people on periscope

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts