The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's older news so it gets shoved down. You have to remember Fox isn't the MSM where getting Trump and making him look bad are the most important things in the universe.;)

You still ignore the Schiff situation every time I bring it up.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Of course this has been a top 2 topic all day.
    Screenshot_20191010-143112_Fox News.jpg

This story has been #3 all day. This is the story about an asteroid that might hit Earth in 70 years.
    Screenshot_20191010-144221_Fox News.jpg

And this now is also more important.Screenshot_20191010-143128_Fox News.jpg

It's truly bizarro world.

4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

This is rich.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

All day? One is 2 hours old and the other is 3 hours.

IGNORE SCHIFF!!!!!

6. Seattle Husker

Just for shits and giggles. Here is where the arrest of the Guiliani associate arrests rates. Right behind a cop who shot a woman trying to eat as dog and ahead of Homecoming queens ditching their heels.

Hardhitting news!
    Screenshot_20191010-144506_Fox News.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

We're done here, SH. You're a dishonest actor and that agitates the hell out of me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Somebody missed their nap.

• poop poop x 1
  9. Seattle Husker

Which is 2hrs and which is 3hrs?
    Screenshot_20191010-144936_Fox News.jpg

And they've updated the lead article on the Lauer saga. The primary article at 9am is circled below. I'm loving the irony of Foxnews trying to point the finger at other new services.

Note: Lauer deserves prison if proven he committed the acts. Regardless, he sounds likeva total pervert in the vein of Weinstein.
    Screenshot_20191010-145033_Fox News.jpg

10. Seattle Husker

But you didn't tell me which article was 2hrs and which is 3hrs? SHOW me I'm dishonest or as usual it may be easier for you to claim you won the fight while I walk away and you lay on the ground weeping.

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Ignore brings a lot of peace.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Seattle Husker

Lol! Garmel gets de-pantsed with facts, claims I'm dishonest then walks away.

Take SN's advice, Garmel. Being shown your reality is a house of cards may be bad for your health. Ignorance is bliss.

13. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

SH spitting fire today!

14. Seattle Husker

Nah, this was too easy. Only in the Trump era can someone call someone dishonest after having their own BS proven. Such is life in bizarro world where up is down and Oprah's choice to not marry is more relevant news than the arrests of Guiliani's associates.

Really wish I could have responded to the post Garmel just deleted in which he called me an "idiot" without recognizing the screenshots above were all posted from the Foxnews mobile app. I like when he tries to put in research even if only a .100 batting average. Swinging for the fences every time he'll eventually get that elusive HR, though he's setting strikeout records along the way.

Since he learned how to use the delete function his challenge to "prove" he's more accurate may not be a fair analysis.

15. Seattle Husker

One last post to put the nail in Garmel's coffin.

The post he deleted claimed that Foxnews uses a "trending" algorithm to drive article placement. He linked to Foxnews Politics homepage to prove this. Forget the fact that I was focusing on the homepage and mobile app (just look at the screenshots). He went on to call me an "idiot".

So let's take a look at his theory which he must have realized was wrong and deleted the post.

Here is the mobile version of the Politics page of Foxnews.
    Screenshot_20191010-155153_Fox News.jpg

So where is the any reference to Guiliani's associates getting arrested? It's in a trending section which starts after 6 lead articles. See exhibit B.

Screenshot_20191010-155238_Fox News.jpg

So where is the actual Guiliani article? It's now completely fallen off the Politics page. Ok...it was posted this morning. Wait...what's the #2 article in trending? It's the lead article about Biden-Warren!

Conclusion: Foxnews is trying to bury this story about Guiliani's associates, much to Garmel's chagrin.

16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Maybe I gave you too much credit. Their format is easy to figure out so I thought you were lying . However, I just discovered you're just an idiot. Do you know how Fox arranges their topics? You see those boxes in the middle to top middle. They shift all the time depending on certain trends. They are called the hot topics . Different stories have come on there. The asteroid story and the Lauer story have popped on and off a few times although the Horrifying Death hasn't. Don't believe me? Just watch it. The Fox News Politics section the Guliani story was the top story on there all day until just 30 minutes ago. Even on the main page it's still right there below the hot topics. No, Fox News isn't hiding anything and regardless of what you think it isn't that big of story. I take that back. It's a big story to you TDS sufferers.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I brought it back. I deleted because of a format problem. Reread it. Once again you're not telling the whole story.

18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

For anybody who cares the story is the second story below the hot topics. Fox News Husker's wrong. Fox isn't hiding it.

19. Seattle Husker

All that effort to do some research and you couldn't catch the simple fact that I was referencing Foxnews' homepage. I never visited the Politics page in their app until I saw you reference it in your now deleted post.

Let's be clear, the top 4-6 sections with the big banners and often related articles are curated. There is an editor that works for Foxnews deciding which articles land on those spots. It changes during the day based on the whims of the editors. That's my point. As the Arrest story was blowing up nationally FoxNews chose to bury the story by "demoting" it in favor of the Asteroid story and a myriad of other puff pieces. You think that's ok. You claim this while sometimes citing Foxnews while claiming other sites are Fakenews. What it shows is that you really desire news that fits your worldview.

20. Seattle Husker

You don't understand mobile responsive sites, do you?

Do me a favor, look at it on your phone which is what I've bern talking about since my first post on FoxNews. Look at the screenshots, does that look like your desktop? Do get battery use and notifications on your top toolbar on your desktop?

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's the seventh story on the front page. If that's burying you have a screwed up idea what burying is. Yes, to TDS sufferers (which includes the MSM) it's the most important story in the universe. To normal rational people it isn't.

22. Seattle Husker

You've completely missed the point of every article that was chosen by an editor as more newsworthy. I've made my point in spades. At this point you think Foxnews has placed it appropriately, right with Homecoming girls casting off their heels and previously below Oprah's thoughts on marriage. That's absurd for any "news" site not named the Hollywood Reporter, People, or National Inquirer.

We'll have to agree to disagree

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Makes your panties all moist, doesn't it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Don’t do this here. From the Posting Guidelines:

Personal attacks, name-calling and aggressive messages are not acceptable.

25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Right. The correct term is idoit. :beertoast:

Edit: Just joshing. :whiteflag:

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

At first I was confused about this SH cause I’ve had cable issues all day and as tv would go in and out when Fox came on all I heard was the Guilliani stuff ad naseum but I see you’re talking about the app. Sorry, was thinking “what is he talking about”?

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A review of Ronan Farrow's new book

"Ronan Farrow Depicts a Chilling Cover-up at NBC"
    "Ronan Farrow’s new book, Catch and Kill, which will be published on Tuesday, reads like a thriller, beginning with two Russian spies in an Uzbek restaurant in Brooklyn, before unwinding and building toward ever-darker revelation. And while it may be tempting to understand the book’s major bombshell as the on-the-record allegation that Matt Lauer anally raped Brooke Nevils, a younger NBC colleague with whom he went on to have an affair, it’s not the assault itself (which Lauer denies) that serves as the book’s chilling denouement.

Rather, it’s the whole, intricate puzzle Farrow puts together, with astounding reportorial reach and detail: a weave of phone conversations, texts, in-person meetings, the exchange of gifts and information between powerful people in network news, magazines, law firms, and politics — all, Farrow suggests, in service of the protection of powerful men and the suppression of stories about the harm that they’ve done.

The reveal in Catch and Kill is not that there are corrupt people; it’s that corrupt people are in control of our media, politics, and entertainment and that, in fact, many of them remain in control — two years after the mass eruption of stories of harassment and assault that Farrow played a big part in precipitating. In his detailed laying out of systemic dread, Farrow does much to vividly describe the kind of horror story we still live in, when it comes to harassment and assault and, more broadly, to power imbalances and abuses....."

Ronan Farrow Depicts a Chilling Cover-up at NBC

28. Seattle Husker

This is not normal.

This was played at a Conservative conference which Sarah Sanders and Don Jr were scheduled to speak.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Trump invited the propaganda into our WH. Met them. Thanked them. Asked for more like it.