The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Wallace has recently shifted left. Trying to be the new Shep at Fox.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Strong words

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Like the electoral college discussion from Dems. Yeah, Hillary won the popular vote. That's like awarding a team a win because of total yards.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  4. horninchicago

Yep. I may have to watch the Comey interview, but when Shemp left, my only consternation was he didn't take Wallace with him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Wallace definitely asks difficult questions of Trump's supporters which is appropriate. The most important function of a Free Press is to hold the powerful accountable. I didn't stop watching most of the Sunday morning news programs because they are tough on Republicans. I stopped watching because they are soft on Democrats. I expect journalists to ask equally difficult questions of both sides. Wallace does exactly that. There is no way a closet left-wing activist dismantles Comey the way Wallace did on Sunday. The video is embedded in this article:

Chris Wallace Grills James Comey On Horowitz Report, FISA Abuse: "You Make It Sound Like You Were A Bystander"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. horninchicago

Okay, I watched it. Good interview. In spite of his, to me, obvious anti-Trump bias, I guess Wallace doesn't lime to see the FBI run amok. So, he grilled Comey.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Early morning raids at gunpoint

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Wallace is the only guy in the national media who does his job. I used to watch all the Sunday shows, especially Meet the Press. They were all liberal and easier on Democrats, but guys like David Brinkley and Tim Russert had a modicum of professionalism and integrity. Then those guys died. This Week was never the same. I still watched Meet the Press from time to time but not consistently anymore. The big change for me came when I saw Chuck Todd interview John Podesta about the email hacking a few weeks after the 2016 election. He literally didn't ask a single question about the contents of the emails. It was just an extensive ball-licking session that left countless obvious questions completely untouched. It would be like interviewing Nixon in 1975 and just talking about how much he enjoyed his time off and making no mention of Watergate at all. That made it clear to me that Todd not only was a partisan Democrat but was wholly unprofessional. He was a hack and nothing more. I haven't watched since. The show is a total waste of my time.

Wallace is a throwback. He's a Democrat, so I'm sure he isn't a Trump voter, but he is a professional and does a very good job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Will CNN be there early to cover it live as it happens?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Can you imagine the MSM's reaction? They will say Trump is putting his political opponents in gulags and they will have segments on how Trump has destroyed democracy by becoming a dictator.

11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

They practically said the WSJ was manipulating the facts to suit their fancy.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I went to the future and brought back this pic from MSNBC of the first raid -- is it Brennan, Clapper, Comey? hard to tell, they all look the same when crying
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was hoping against hope the WSJ (of all peoples) would hold out from being woke. But that ship sailed

[​IMG]

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of Never-Trumpers, Bill Kristol and some other neocons are a part of a group calling themselves "Democracy Defend" which put up this 'anti-Trump' billboard in Times Square.

[​IMG]

15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I predict by the end of the 2020 election, OAN beats Fox News in ratings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. horninchicago

My wife was watching CBS This Morning. They did a story about LSU's Burrow giving an emotional Heisman speech about his impoverished hometown of Athens, OH. Then, they said someone started a fund that raised $335k for Athens very quickly.

I was curious, so I Googled Athens. In the Wikipedia article about Athens, it described how since the 1970s it has been under progressive rule. No shock considering Ohio University is the largest employer in the town.

The CBS morning crew, of course, made no mention of the Democrat rule there, but I had to wonder if they would have made mention of the politics had it been a Trump county in 2016 and a historically Republican county. I'm guessing so.

Dishonest report by leaving out a key reason for the poverty?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

That will be very difficult. Do any of the streaming services even carry OAN? I have Youtube TV and it does not. I subscribed to their app for a month but it was still very raw.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

What Trump said: "It was one of the worst mass atrocities of the 20th century"

BBC's headline: "Trump says Armenian massacres were not genocide"

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That might be the most deceptive and fraudulent headline I've ever seen. And they wonder why the fake news label sticks so well.

Trump - Adolf Hitler was a horrible man.

Media - But he didn't call him a monster.

HEADLINE - Likely neo-Nazi Donald Trump denies that Hitler was a monster and was spotted doing the OK hand gesture while ordering a sandwich

I understand that the media really hates Trump and hates him even more than they hated previous Republican presidents. However, the willingness to blow their own credibility and professionalism to practice their hatred is really astounding.

I dealt with some judges that I really didn't like. I'm not going to name names here, but Williamson County had some really crappy district court judges. (One of them even ended up in the slammer.) They were routinely unfair and often didn't follow the law. However, when I was in their courtrooms, I acted like a professional, and I showed them the respect to which their position was entitled. The way the media deals with Trump is comparable to me dropping my pants and taking a piss on the floor in their courtrooms just to show how much I didn't like them. The depth of their unprofessionalism is truly baffling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Deez, the news media has gone from bias towards the Left to actively communicating the Left agenda and attacking the Right. I see them as an enemy of the people, spreading lies intentionally. Occasionally the truth gets out unintentionally and because of their bald-faced lies it is so obvious when it comes out. They usually don't bring it up the day after.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Agreed. And no hyperbole or recency bias in that assertion.

• Like Like x 1
  22. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I just watched the movie by Clint Eastwood “The Richard Jewell Story”. It’s really sad what the Media and FBI put him through. Even when the evidence showed it wasn’t him the media didn’t retract their story and kept it going.

It made me think what they put Richard Jewell through is how they are handling Donald Trump and the impeachment. They don’t care about the truth. It’s just that simple.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

It is how the media treats truth. They don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They have two priories. First, make sure they can spin the story to fit their narrative. Second, get the story out there quickly.

This is why New York Times v. Sullivan needs to get overturned. It needs to be easier to sue media companies for defamation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I agree. Until the media is held accountable for their unethical tactics it will continue.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Proof that Carlson a lurker here too?
    This idea is right off these pages

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    That is why it is impossible to have a conversation. Even on here one can post that unemployment is down and wages are up then a hater's reply is but he grabs p+++++s and is a racist.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like the Hanukkah stabbing wasn't done by a white supremacist but by a black dude who was likely a Black Hebrew Israelite. Be prepared for this story to stop being a national story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These people are so frekking retarded
    I am not much of a fan of the current Pope, but this "news take" needs to be taken out back and shot.