The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

That's not a bazooka.

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Maybe I'm wrong but why do i have the feeling that we haven't heard the full story on this?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

We probably haven't. However, if we have, Monahorns would be all for it. How dare he tell her to wear a mask. It violates her constitutional rights. That's a reason to kill somebody. Only communist statists like us would have a problem with it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is Babylon Bee really the satirical? Other than the layoff, this is largely accurate.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

This was posted yesterday, so I go on CNN to read about it. Nothing is there. Front page is the Austin ranger getting pushed in the lake, but nothing about a security guard getting shot for the mask. CNN is the champion against guns, you would think this would be front page stuff.

Typical Leftist, lies and propaganda to promote your position. You learned well from your Nazi fathers.

7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

America's Paper of Record.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

As long as the lady didn't push the security guard into a lake, that would be truly terrible. Hate for a security to get wet on a warm day in the sun.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's in the news now. However, do you know why it's not getting much publicity? The perpetrators were African-American. If these were white dudes we'd see non-stop coverage on how Trump's rhetoric and his followers are damaging the country. You know that's where LH was going when he reported it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No doubt about it. It isn't getting air time from CNN because it was two black guys who shot a white guy. LH must have been peeing in his pants from excitement when he raced here to post that. Imagine his disappointment when he found out his gotcha moment turned into a pile of **** (yet again).

Edit to note: This is a perfect example of why I have Longest on ignore, and feel absolutely no remorse for it.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LH lives for gotcha moments. He doesn't seem to understand that if he wants gotcha moments he should start reporting the crap his side constantly pulls. I'm not saying conservatives are angels but his side has many more pieces of human filth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A letter to the editor by one of the Founders of Politico, and a former NY Times journalist
    And to think reporters and journalists are offended when they hear the vast majority of Americans think they are politically biased

[​IMG]

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is the same woman writing both items
    Same person
    Both times
    She somehow continues to work for the Washington Post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Jennifer Rubin used to be a decent columnist. I know she opposed Trump, but the decision to turn herself into a partisan hack for the other side just to spite Trump is truly baffling. I don't understand it.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Frankly, I admire his honesty. It's ok to have an agenda and not to have any standards. It's not ok to pretend that you don't.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That lower tweet almost makes it all seem like a parody account

Who writes while sober --
    "the 2 front doors is the killer" ?

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The most fun mostly-political show on cable TV

[​IMG]

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That was I think a reference to Blasey Ford and her explanation on why she had 2 front doors. How that related I don't know

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The short answer is no

The long answer is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's the killer, dude

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's crap. However, that's a bigger problem than Rubin and a bigger problem than liberal bias. The standards of quality in writing (regardless of ideology) has gone downhill in the last 20 years.

26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That's the most brutal smack down I have seen in quite a while. Some of LongestHorn's self-ownage comes pretty close, but damn...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If LH had to pay a dollar to all of us for every time he put out fake news or put a funny emoticon over a post that came true we'd all be millionaires.

• Like Like x 3