The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think I'm in love.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Hell, yeah. She's definitely future ex-wife material for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

As hot as she is, just be prepared, she would not only win every argument, but probably eat you alive, still it would be a hell of a way to go.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It had to be done. The rewriting of history on this thing is an absolute disgrace. It's good to see someone push back on it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

The second best part was hearing some of the press corps(e) yelling at her about "you were prepared for that..." as she was walking away, which shows a complete lack of self awareness.

Dude, she KNEW y'all were going to ask that question because "gotcha" questions are about all y'all are able to parse into complete sentences. Apparently everyone knows your shtick but you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The liberal bubble

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They are living in their own private Pauline Kael worlds

[​IMG]
    In case you dont know the history, Nixon beat McGovern 520 electoral votes to 17

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Our media is corrupt

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

FB_IMG_1589359756879.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The US media generally is none too pleased with Biden on the ballot. They keep looking for someone else which, I think, is why they keep pimping Gov. Cuomo's pressers. The New York Times last month called Cuomo's coronavirus briefing deliveries “articulate, consistent and often tinged with empathy." They said his pressers are like a "tender embrace."

This has put the media in a weird place since the state of New York is doing the worst of all 50 states (or 57, in case BHO is lurking). Cuomo's "tender embrace" has led NY to a high death rate of 139 per 100,000. This number was made worse by Cuomo's personal decision to force nursing homes to accept any elderly person who had been infected with the virus. This led directly to many more unnecessary deaths. It's been a horrible performance lately.

By contrast, Georgia and Florida have much lower death rates. Georgia is 13 per 100,00 while Florida is at just 8. But the media collectively ignores those states and their governors while they slobber all over Cuomo.

Why? Because both Brian Kemp and Ron DeSantis are Republicans. The media hates that so they ignore it. Doesnt "fit the narrative." Even worse, at least to the media, is that both of these governors have been using the words "reopen" and "economy." And that drives the media batty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The AP's take is so wrong in so many ways
    [​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Oh man, these people

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Reminds me of this.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ooof
    Christine Blasey Ford sure is lucky she supported the right political party.
    This is iPhone's “breaking news”

[​IMG]

• poop poop x 4
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good thread on how full of shyte CNN is
    It's shameful
    We deserve better

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Oh look at how cute this is

Dan Rather, of all people, is suddenly an expert in typography

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Umm, CNN is in all caps. So are ABC, NBC, CBS and MSNBC. Dan might accidentally be onto something.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not ashamed that I didn't vote for Trump. However, I am ashamed that I ever identified with at least some of the NeverTrump people. If you are critical of specific policies or actions he has taken, that's fine. There are legitimate reasons to do that. However, if you refuse to examine his actions on the merits, disregard the opposition's flaws, or worse completely realign your politics just to be in opposition to Trump, that isn't principle. It's derangement and flagrant hackery. Jennifer Rubin, Ana Navarro, Steve Schmidt, and Max Boot fit into that group. William Kristol doesn't go as far, but he dances with it. George Will and John Kasich dance with it some but less so. Personally, I align more with Jonah Goldberg.

Here's where this can go wrong. Suppose the GOP nominee in 2024 is Marco Rubio, Mike Pence, or Nikki Haley. By any measure, these commentators should be fully supportive of them. However, all three have had significant agreement with Trump on a myriad of huge, defining issues - judges, defense spending, tax cuts, social issues, and deregulation. Well, if you've spent 4 or 8 years shitting on all that just because you kneejerk hate Trump, how are you going to flip-flop and suddenly support those things again when they're pitched by someone else? You've lost all your credibility.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is hope for the world people

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I do not understand why anyone would hire this clown

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is another total fraud in the media
    Marcy Wheeler was a known charlaton at the time she was allowed by the NYT to write an op-ed weeks before the Mueller Report was submitted declaring that Mueller had been "hiding" the bombshell conspiracy info, and would soon implicate Trump himself in a vast criminal conspiracy
    Total fiction based on zero facts - and the Times knew it by then

[​IMG]

• poop poop x 1