The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The handling of this Biden story really puts into perspective how unfree the American press really is. Every justification they've cited for not covering it (unverified, illegally obtained materials, etc.) is obviously BS, because they cover so many other stories that have the same supposed defects. But they've gone further than ignoring the story to active suppression of it - banning people who report on it online, trying to shame and freeze out journalists who dare to cover it, etc.

The whole purpose of the free press guarantee in the First Amendment is to promote the free flow of information. Obviously, this isn't a violation of that, because these are private companies (though NPR is not), but it certainly undermines the purpose of it. If our media isn't quite an Agitprop or Reich Ministry of Propaganda and Public Enlightenment yet, it's moving that direction at breakneck speed. Even if it's not happening by government coercion, it's happening by cultural forces in the media. If you have a culture that doesn't respect free speech and press, then you don't really have free speech or free press, even if the government is nominally free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You will want to make sure you are sitting down for this
    And not be sipping hot coffee

But ABC covered the Hunter Biden story
    Will it break the logjam?

• Like Like x 3
  3. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Hope they step up and do their job!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

timing matters here. they put it off long enough that it will not make it into most peoples thought pattern and will not impact voting that much. and now they can claim to be "fair handed' since they ran a small segment on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

The darker side of me says this is a tightening of the noose around Joe. They assume he's going to win but it's Kamala the dnc or fbi wants (easily controlled). With the corruption joe will be gone by spring 2022

FBI controlling elections.. wouldn't have believed it for a second until a year ago when all their corruption came to light

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I think the Founders assumed private citizens and organizations would never censor speech or that there it couldn't be controlled by vast corporations like it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Appears that MK is done kissing liberal butt just for the big paycheck

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Missing from the emotive is his acceptance of CNN's role in what is happening

Self-awareness level 0

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

When satire is more honest than Wolf Blitzer

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. horninchicago

Doesn't it piss off anyone else that a dope smoking "celebrity" gets to go hang out with a Governor based on that status? It's absurd, really.

14. horninchicago

I swear, as much as I love Texas, the more people like him move there, the less I want to go back.

Can't believe the number of Biden signs I saw in Fort Worth 2 weeks ago. Ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is Rogan a leftist?

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think he is all over but he didn’t support Biden

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. horninchicago

I don't know. My point is the cozying up to celebrities by politicians nauseates me. And, to see Abbot doing it with someone like Rogan, really gives me pause.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is why I think Trump will push for candidates like himself in 2024 (but with less divisive tweets). It would be a lot more fun and he doesn’t have to campaign again. Contract it out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. horninchicago

He will be lambasted for it like everything else, but who cares? I hope he does it. Fox News lost me months ago. Unlike CNN and MSNBC, which seem to not care about ratings, that seems to be the only reason those 3 are still on the air at Fox News.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We must carry Alex’s torch through the dark days of the Biden presidency.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is the same blue-check "journalist"
    Literally hours apart
    On the same day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

It really blows my mind when anyone defends these media whores as impartial. I'm guessing if he were a ND fan it would have been a quote about party time. Ahh yes, he graduated from the highly esteemed University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

The media are pretty much the most disgusting folks out there this side of gangstas.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

There were also celebrations in the streets of NY. The mayor and governor didn't send the jack boots after them like they did families mourning death and religious gatherings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Her about face continues
    Kind of weird, but OK

[​IMG]

26. horninchicago

Big words there from Eric The Clown.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The same people loved her in that first debate

28. horninchicago

Of course.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Better late than never? Maybe that Trump news network rumor is true.

• poop poop x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How do we explain this?
    Is she auditioning for Newmax or OAN now?
    Or is she just being honest?
    Is there a third possibility?
    She definitely strikes me as a calculating person - has a reason to do and say what she does and says

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020