The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ben Shapiro addressing this question

Biden has been under investigation since 2018. We only found out about this now. The media didn't dig into allegations about Hunter during the entirety of the 2020 election cycle. Many declared that stories from the NY Post were Russian disinformation.

Meanwhile, according to CNN, the DOJ kept their investigation quiet "due to Justice Department guidelines prohibiting overt actions that could affect an election, the person said." Which means they kept quiet to affect an election.
    So, here's the thing about members of the media now screaming about the undermining of democracy. F*** right off. Your job was to bring relevant information to the American public. You ignored it, because you are largely Democratic mouthpieces.

You spent months claiming Trump would burn the mailboxes to stop voting. You suggested Stacey Abrams was governor of Georgia due to voter suppression. You openly screamed for censorship from social media directed at alternative sources of information you refused to cover.

There are many kinds of threat to democracy. As a famous former newspaper once said, "Democracy dies in darkness." You guys are, all too often, the people turning out the lights..

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Hunter, what have you been doing? A tax problem, Soros will pay the penalty, the problem will go away, nothing to see here go away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Amazing

They loved Fartwell's leaks during shifty Schiff's SCIF hearings

Now? They are all Sergeant Schultz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This people have no shame

[​IMG]

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

local guy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I remember Husker saying this laptop was a fraud. Good times.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The brazen lying is so weird to watch. His laptop wasnt even stolen

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The media will probably come out with an expose of how the Dominion voting machines were hacked in 2025.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Beschloss has turned into such a whiny *****

Lincoln threw reporters in jail!

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No follow-up from Rolling Stone

go figure

• Like Like x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Like the 50 former intel guys who signed a statement that said this was Russian disinformation without even looking at the laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Do me a favor and throw up a link to me definitively saying the laptop was a fraud. Absent that, you're living in a fantasy land made up by a desired narrative. I'm sure they have help for that condition.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Hunter should just tell them that they can't have his taxes because he's under audit...

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

My mistake. You didn't say the exact word "fraud" but you laughed and talked down to at us for believing in it.

Here's your post Huskser:

"The chain of custody of said computer went from unknown repair shop - Steve Bannon - Rudy Guiliani - NY Post. Yeah, that's pretty suspect but we should all keep an "open mind". :lmao:

Meanwhile, we need more anger that the mainstream news isn't running with this story. :facepalm:

As as aside, I don't think Twitter or Facebook should be censoring this story. I think they should put a big flashing exclamation point on any news entity or person that shares the story. When you hover over this exclamation point it says this person/media entity is spreading unverified rumors (and likely forged) because they have a predisposition for supporting Donald Trump. Think of it like a badge to more quickly identify idiots."

1) You're laughing at me for having an open mind that it could be true
    2) Came up with a silly conspiracy with Bannon and Rudy
    3) You ridiculed us for being mad at the media for not running the story

Dude, once again your comments show you to have your head up your backend.

• Winner Winner x 4
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  15. Seattle Husker

So, you lied when you claimed I said it was a "fraud". Thank you for the admission.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I was mistaken, it wasn't a lie. However, the fact that you laughed at me for keeping an open mind tells me you believed it was crapola (a fraud). Playing a silly game of semantics like you're trying to do here isn't very clever on your part. You're digging yourself deeper, son.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seattle Husker

You just can't stop yourself from projecting what you want me to have said, huh? My post can be summarized in 2 words: be skeptical. Your revisionist history attempt to claim that you were merely keeping an "open mind" is reminiscent of your other alternate reality claims.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I was skeptical. If you look on those posts there I was critical of some of the weird things that occurred. You criticized me for having an open mind. It's clear as hell on that post of yours I put up. You're wrong and you're trying to weasel your way out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The fact is that you were wrong about the media covering it as well. Just give up and save some dignity.

20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Garmel,
    Life is a lot more peaceful when you put Husker-du (the band as well as the poster) on ignore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

See. The intel guys did exactly what they were supposed to. No need to look. Their mission was to cover it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Federalist piece on whether "anyone in media, Big Tech, or the expert class be held accountable for claiming the Biden family investigations were a fantasy Russian disinformation plot?"

We aren’t just talking about the likes of Michael McFaul, Adam Schiff, and the cast of Morning Joe, people no one should take seriously at this point. Former CIA heads John Brennan, Leon Panetta, Michael Hayden, John McLaughlin and Michael Morell all signed on to the letter falsely declaring the story to be Russian disinformation. Will any of them even be asked about that? Why should we take anything they say seriously ever again when they were so obviously lying for partisan reasons? And what will happen when the same crew, together part of a dishonest partisan smear of the New York Post about a story of enormous political import, comes to us to advocate for their next big foreign policy push?

I think we all know what will happen. The gaslighting will continue, because that’s the only play they have.

Will Anyone Face Any Consequences For Gaslighting Americans On The Hunter Biden Story?

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

amazing-- the NYT used to love Fartwell back in the day
    Now?
    They never heard of him
    Weird how that works

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The sub-headline is a perfect example of how rotten US media has become

[​IMG]

• poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. Seattle Husker

Nah, she was straight up crazy. An accuser needs as least some semblance of credibility. Tara Reade had none. Her "resume" was a work of fiction. About the only part of her story that was verifiable was that she was a low level aid in Congress. Multiple bankruptcies, ficticios degrees, employment challenges...she was a witness not too unlike the recent Melissa Carone.

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Using this sort of thing to go after an alleged victim ... thanks for bolstering the idea that this is where #metoo died.

30. Seattle Husker

If you're really interested in where #MeToo withered on the vine it was the Aziz Ansari fracas. That moment in 2018 was when the movement jumped the shark and actually held the accuser accountable.

• Like Like x 1