The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

If you like that kind of thing....

also, I have trouble finding a lot wrong with what she said.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I can find something wrong with it. Virtually all Nazi and Holocaust analogies are wildly overwrought and hyperbolic. There just aren't that many real people or actions that are similar to Hitler and the Holocaust at least in modern times. (Of course, historically the idea of conquering nations and tribes and trying to eliminate entire cultures is pretty common.)

What's stupid about her getting cancelled is that we tolerate these analogies all the time. In the '90s, you were a Nazi if you supported entitlement reform. George W. Bush was like Hitler. Donald Trump was like Hitler. Immigration detention centers were just like Auschwitz. How many Hollywood idiots and left wing politicians have made those comparisons? Tons. However, this smokin' hot chick makes one that is actually less overwrought than those (but still overwrought), and suddenly we start freaking out about overwrought Nazi references because we don't like her politics. What's ironic is that Hollywood's reaction to her comment reinforces her reference and makes it look more truthful than it actually is.

And busty, pretty brunette chicks? Call me crazy, but yes, I like that sort of thing. (Ironically, I married a blonde, though she is busty.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You realize that your political party is based on these tactics, right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Didney got you covered

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I have problems with that. Not enough to cozy up to a Nazi, a confederate flag guy, people against democratic values, or authoritarians.

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Seen better, had worse. Cancun, March 1990. I hope there's not a 31 year old Pennsylvanian Bubba running around.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

What about an authoritarian Nazi who is waving a confederate flag?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

“Cozy up to a Nazi”, sometimes you really slay me Bubba.

• Like Like x 2
  10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Trump isn’t any of those things. Prove it with some evidence. Does that big satellite dish in the trailer park get anything but CNN?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She's a -1 in Austin, and an 11 in Okie Land

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The girl in Cancun had an Adam's apple. You're in the clear.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The big flaw in your logic is that the people you will cozy up with actually behave more Nazi-like than the people you think you're too good to cozy up with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’ll tell you someone else that has a history. Are you cozy with him? If so, you are racist.

“The new integration plans being offered are really just quota systems to assure a certain number of blacks, Chicanos, or whatever in each school. That, to me, is the most racist concept you can come up with,” Biden said in a 1975 interview recently unearthed by the Washington Post. “What it says is, ‘In order for your child with curly black hair, brown eyes, and dark skin to be able to learn anything, he needs to sit next to my blond-haired, blue-eyed son.’ That’s racist!”

“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

— “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (That’s in reference to President Obama.)

— “Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Biden worked tirelessly, over several decades, to make America’s (profoundly racist) criminal-justice system more punitive than any other advanced democracy’s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

17. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It sounds like Dan McNeil was surprised he hadn't been fired sooner. He had an infamously cantankerous demeanor. I still don't understand getting fired for repeating the use of the n-word but it sounds like there were many of complaints form the kids on the trip. One quote I read from a peer of his said he simply wasn't the right person to be on that trip with kids. As a corporate manager, even the best employee can wear out their welcome if they have a ****** attitude. The writer is a Pulitzer winner and wanted to stay on during the "biggest story of his career", the Pandemic.

I suspect the real issue from the "woke" crowd at the NYT was why this dude is continually given the benefit of the doubt when others likely aren't. Just a guess.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Perhaps, but I'm just taking the Times at their word. They say it was because of the n-bomb and that his intent didn't matter. Obviously, that's crazy talk, but that's what they claim. And again, they've put themselves in legal jeopardy if he doesn't mind another nail going into his career's coffin.

20. Seattle Husker

The article I read was about his Facebook post to his friend/family where he admitted that he had it comin', surprised it didn't happen earlier, and was set to buy an RV and fish in Colorado. Dan McNeil is 67 and would have retired earlier it not for the being a reporter on the Medical beat and the pandemic coming along. McNeil worked his way up from the bottom as a delivery boy. He resigned under pressure. From my experience that typically comes with a lucrative severance package that you only get if you sign away your privileges of suing your employer.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The Nazi's were the one's who began the demonization of the Jews well before they started murdering them. The White Privilege campaign smacks of what was being done in 1930's Germany. That is the ONLY thing we see that is reminiscent of those times and it's coming from the Left.

It is being openly supported by the media.

So if you want to talk Nazi's, start there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I don't know how you can disagree Seattle. There is a segment of our society that is being demonized and you know it. That's what the Nazi's did. The Left is famous for making parallels so I'm doing the same to them.

I've warned my son about it. The whole privilege thing is rampant online locally. The white privilege campaign is in full force and has been adopted by many people who wish to see them pay for the sins of the past and for the assumption on the part of those who hate white people that the white people they hate have caused the misery.

23. Seattle Husker

You said this...

Yet the FBI has said over and over that the greatest threat of Domestic Terrorism is coming from White Nationalist organizations. We saw many of them in videos storming the Capital Building.

Seriously? What you said is easy to disagree with. That doesn't mean I support everything coming from the "woke" side but to close your eyes and say that White Nationalism, hundreds marching in Charlottesville chanting the Nazi slogans, actions of organizations like the Boogaloo Bois, Proud Boys or Oath Keepers are somehow less adjacent to "nazi-ism" than the political correct crowd is hyperbole I can't support or agree with.

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I haven't seen any articles about his Facebook posts (and I looked), but I'll assume that's all true. They sound ambiguous. Did he think his firing was coming because he did something bad or because he knew an old white guy wasn't going to be tolerated very long by the more woke element at the Times (who seem to call the shots on this sort of thing)?

You are correct that severance packages usually waive claims to sue your employer. However, two points to know. First, a presuit waiver of discrimination lawsuits is easier to bust than most waivers. Second, you cannot waive your right to file an EEOC complaint, which can still turn into a lawsuit, so such waivers are less effective than most waivers even if they hold. Good chance he could make an age discrimination claim, and the Times has already admitted to facts that could put them into a bit of a bind on a race discrimination claim. They've offered a reason for firing that is clearly pretext. That doesn't look good.

26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The FBI has no credibility at this point thanks to James Comey and the Russian hoax played by the democrats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’d love it. Especially later in the summer!

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. The FBI is afraid of white nationalist organization because they chanted and did some damage to the Capitol building on one instance.

But the FBI is not afraid of Antifa which damages public and private buildings every day for 8 months. They also beat people on the streets and have murdered multiple people. They call for the end the US government in total. But FBI just assumes like you that they have pure intentions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Seattle Husker

You're too smart to make that claim. Want a redo?

That's also not true given Barr's prior assertions. The hyperbole on West Mall is getting thick.

Unlike you, I'm going to bet on the FBI being able to walk and chew gum.

30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

What is the real, credible threat of white nationalist organizations in 2021? I confess I am ignorant of any.

Bubba claimed the FBI says that white nationalists are the #1 threat to the US government. So why are they considered more of a threat than Antifa and BLM who are committing violence daily?

• Like Like x 1