The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

My goodness. I wish they would run that piece on BET. That would be a hoot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I still land on the red hat side of the isle on this one. A facebook friend shared this and I found it interesting. Personally, I think few things. Much of the muscle mass was built pre. So, that's a little unfair. Men are typically taller so that is an advantage. And, is competition that big of a deal? Trans folks should just not compete. Play the fun stuff but when real competition is on the line you gotta sit this one out, for the good of the realm.
    -----------
    Keslsi Vaughn...A former swimmer's thoughts on Lia:

None of you cared about women's sports before you had a "reason" to. Beyond that though, Lia has not dominated this sport. Nor have any other trans athletes. She placed 5th and 8th in other events at that meet. (Also the 500 free sucks and I've even seen many a MAN flop out of the water following that event. I give mad props to whoever does this event. I purposely sandbaged it so I would never have to do it again)

"But her wing span and height!! THE BIOLOGICAL ADVANTAGES!!!!!!"
    Michael Phelps has a longer than average wingspan, a larger web in this feet and hands, hyperextended joints (main advantage in his ankles), and produced less lactic acid than other athletes. No one complained about his advantages and he (more or less) dominated his sport. Some women are tall also, but if it's a tall woman AFAB athlete no one yells that they should compete with males. If you go after one athletes body you have to go for them all. If you only go after Lia or other trans female athletes, you're transphobic. Furthermore where do we draw the line with "natural advantages"?

"But she AMAB!!!"
    So? They had to test her hormone levels before she swam. She had no more testosterone than what was outside a female limit. Her muscle mass began decreasing at 3-6 months. Then I also pose the question to you, what about intersex people? She took 2 years off of school to make sure she could participate in this sport. Let her swim.

NCAA let her compete. Be mad at NCAA, not Lia. She's a person not a political pawn. Even USA Swimming says they have no problem with Lia representing them in Paris for 2024 Olympicss as a woman athlete. Furthermore, watch what you say. Someone you know who's listening to your HATEFUL rhetoric probably loves someone who identifies as trans or queer as well as an athlete.

She's the first transgender athlete to win a division 1 NCAA title. If "men" are the threat to sports why has it taken this long for someone trans to win a title? The REAL threat to women's sports is not other women (INCLUDING TRANSFEMALE ATHLETES). It's the lack of funding, protection, and strong female leadership. It's also the rampant sexual harassment and unequal pay. So think about that.

PS. I'm literally looking at her times right now and you can tell how she's had to work hard to get her times back. Her 500 free times are no where near consistent, and her other times are really scattered too. Looking at times of other high ranking swimmers Lia fares about equal to them. Just so you know...
    --------------

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

When someone goes from over 400th in the world in the men's ranking to number 1 in the woman's ranking common sense tells you something is afoot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, when did advocating for women become a republican thing? I need to keep with the times...I've been told my whole life that as a conservative I'm a chauvinist and want to keep women down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    Just curious, How did you come across a "former swimmer" Kelsi Vaughn's blog tweet?
    Is she a famous former swimmer? When and where did she swim?
    I have seen quotes from other famous swimmers but never heard of Kelsi.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

As I said, a facebook friend shared it. I don't know how "famous" she is. It doesn't swing me away from my belief that people like this shouldn't compete in this manner. However, it does provide some insight. That's all. Perspective.

This girl could have been a competitive HS or college swimmer. I don't know. She speaks seemingly with some knowledge about the sport that most of us don't have. My daughter will never be a "famous" softball player but she will be able to label herself a former softball player when she's done with college softball.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for explanation.
    It just seemed obscure.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I see Desantis congratulated the swimmer who finished second to the Male Swimmer Thomas.
    "Among those not giving the transgender swimmer any credence is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis who wholly dismissed the cheater and declared that the true winner was none other than the second runner up, Emma Weyant.

“If you look at what the NCAA has done in allowing basically men to compete in women’s athletics, and in this case swimming … you had the number one woman who finished was from Sarasota, Emma Weyent,” said DeSantis. “She won the silver medal, she’s been an absolute superstar her whole career.”
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So, do they love this freak because men, except old white men in power in the Democrat Party, are evil? This person now thinks he is a woman, thus he is a hero to the left for thumbing his nose at masculinity? Is that why he os somehow above all now?

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  11. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I actually do think this is a response that more people should start utilizing in all forms of race collection forms. Housing, finance, voting, education, etc. Just blow their models away by picking some POC demographic even though you live in Highland Park. Honestly, how could they ever really contest it. We all have a little bit of everything in our DNA and if sex is not a defined characteristic then how could race be. I say we all go Rachel Dolezal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's an entirely selective concept. They hail it for KJB. In any other context, they'd never apply it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

And, they don't care that the Twitterverse easily finds blatant contradictions in their writings a mere days apart. No one but Twitter and Horn Fans holds them accountable. Certainly, no "editors" ever do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Oops!

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

They will never give up.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The evidence that Hunter's problems are real is the fact that Yahoo (totally Liberal as I read it everyday without fail and I'm telling you now, they are very Liberal) published this article as their lead story at the moment:

upload_2022-4-1_15-17-26.png

They are now attempting to get ahead of it.

As I've said all along; the fraud was not "The Steal" but instead the media lying and covering up for Biden and his family.

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

by
    I know you say you lean left
    BUT most :clap: of the time you show you think things through and have common sense.
    This just proves that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Thanks man. I am not always thinking things through but most times I try to keep the pace at a level where common sense can keep up.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Gotta love how these left-leaning media outlets are talking about this information as if it's brand new when this stuff was happening 4 years ago and was known to the media almost 2 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

From the link: "None of the details about Hunter and James Biden’s business dealings with Chinese interests implicate President Biden in any wrongdoing."

Ironic that this is an issue but no mention of Jared receiving $2,000,000,000 from the Crown Prince against his advisors' recommendations. Helping cover up a murder of an American journalist is expensive.

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I didn't see OJ kill Nicole and Ron, so there's that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The point being they quashed it in the media because they were worried about it. You trust the media. You trust Joe. You are displaying your blind-spot again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Heard a story today that Biden didn’t run in 2016 because Hillary had the Hunter Biden laptop info and would have burned him just like she tried to burn Obama with the birther story.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The new narrative that's coming is that the laptop isn't disinformation, but it's "irrelevant." Link. Damn, our media is crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I wonder how long they have to practice saying that crap with a straight face

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Just witness how Diane Feinstein was utterly unmoved while watching Kavanaugh get viciously attacked in front of his family. They are not like normal people. They are pathologically ruthless. There is no other explanation. The mind is a very difficult thing to analyze. We wonder how they be that way. The answer is this:

They just are.