The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yup, thats me!

• Like Like x 1
  2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Nazis lovin' nazis. He he.

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

As you know, this is not the point. The point is to limit your speech, not theirs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

I'm waiting for BLM and the White House to acknowledge the bravery displayed by the black Border Patrol Agent who drowned in the line of duty, trying to save the lives of 2 illegal immigrants who were drowning as they crossed the Rio Grande.
    Oh, they were also drug smugglers.

It shouldn't surprise me anymore that the same media, who erroneously claimed Border Patrol Agents were whipping immigrants with long reins, ran with that story for days, then never apologized for being wrong, would ignore this tragedy.
    But it does. These men and women are often heroic, buying immigrants clothing, toys and food for their children, all the while being called racist and worse.
    But this man died trying to help. Yet, I hear or read nothing.

I am Charlie Brown with the football. I want to hope we are better than this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

All they'd have to do is admit that they're partisan Democrats out to help Democrats win elections, and I wouldn't care. Political operatives and hacks are part of the racket. It's the pretense of journalistic integrity and claims to be pursuers and guardians of the truth that bother me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Dangerous propaganda.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is like the 5th person to report this:

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Jack Dorsey thinks Musk IS the right one .Jack disagees with the writer at Bloomberg in the link.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've always heard that Dorsey was never the bad apple at Twitter. I'm not sure if that's true, but that's at least what I've heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Some of his Tweets right before and after he stepped down as CEO indicated that fact to me. He made the radical libertarians giddy several times.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Not surprised, remember the austere religious scholar?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Apparently, Dorsey didn't devote enough time/energy to twitter. It's hard to see how Elon can do this proper. His Tesla stock is down a lot since this started - $150 billion in value. That $1 billion opt out is not looking horrible if the stock price would rebound because of it.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Isn't that Chesa's mother?

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes. Up for recall in June. These people live different lives from you and me. It’s the source of many problems.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The fact that a convicted murderer was able to score a job as a professor at Columbia says a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, but that was the Washington Compost. Still, what can you expect from either of those worthless rags?

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

28. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

They've hit the trifecta on that one. Now every stern challenge or question she gets about policy will automatically be because the questioner is sexist/racist/homophobic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's exactly right.

This is classic Liberalism. It's not about equality. It's about answering the door with the face of minority rights and forcing the conversation to go personal right away.

It takes a lot of guts and deft questioning to make it through and they know that.

In the end, the situation that occurred with the teenager and the Native American is what we're dealing with. They set up Liberal icons and then the media defends them to the death.

30. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Bingo!

Reporter: What does the president have to say about his approval rating dropping?

Jean-Pierre: Those polled don't like me being press secretary because they're sexist, racist, and homophobic.

Reporter: But I asked about Biden.

Jean-Pierre: See my first reply.