The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Funny YET true

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

LOL - when did Bono get red-pilled?

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Bono's insightful there, but then he references Picketty. Barf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Almost as bad as Krugman.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, this is a bit of a "validate Deez" article, but it illustrates my point about the media bias starting to not be an advantage for Democrats. It's leading to major miscalculations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s okay. This is not college - you can spike the football in the end zone.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

But they all said they were brave reporters, running to a story. Turned out they were just all leftist suck-asses who’d do anything to advance the party line, or cowards.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He's right in his conclusion, but he didn't have the balls to say any of this when it mattered, so it's pretty meaningless now. Furthermore, his reasoning is crap, and he has no moral authority. Consider this paragraph.

"The motive for many progressives to follow these stifling conventions was sympathetic. If you believe systemic racism and inequality are the greatest crisis in America, which I do, and you also believe the racism of the Republican Party is far more dangerous than any excesses on the left, which I also do, then you might hesitate to admit to anything that might be used by Republicans to discredit the cause of racial justice. Yet that hesitation allows the most unreasonable people on the left to rope the whole progressive movement into indefensible and self-discrediting positions."

He laments the problem, but in the second sentence, he basically lays the predicate for morally and ethnically justifying what progressives did. In fact, he states that he agrees with it. Well, if you think the GOP is massively racist and that it's more dangerous than any excess of the Left, then what they did is not only defensible but a moral imperative.

However, the last sentence makes clear his real issue. He doesn't have a real problem with what they did. He just doesn't like that it puts progressives in a position to look stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

11. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

He sounds like the Khmer Rouge saying yes, we needed to kill anyone who wore glasses, but lamenting how it ultimately resulted in them losing power.

***** like this would write the orders that would cause you and your family to be rounded up and sent to a re-education camp. Prepare accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The question is how to remove people like that from power and keep them weak, poor, and uninfluential. That is the question the Right must answer or these guys will accomplish their goals someday of enslaving us.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

An article that makes a similar point to Chait's but without being morally incoherent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

His lsst sentence doubting anything will change is sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It becomes a lot more clear when you realize the media went from being comprised of mostly adults to vindictive teenage girls.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is why media is so hated:

8EDFD1D5-D0FC-4D42-8805-32A02DFBBC95.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, to a great extent the media is dominated by a bunch of Taylor Lorenz starter kits.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I think we all knew this was the case, but damn.... Thank you for posting this LC. Great clip. May be the best I've seen

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It was apparently forgotten during the Russian collusion years.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Dang it Longhorn Catholic. You beat me to it. That video is jaw dropping. Not super surprising but with that just laid bare decades ago. You are actively lying to yourself if you believe Big Media.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The double standards are appalling:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The double standard is massive. However, I will say that there's one Republican I'm genuinely happy to see lose, and she is it. Hopefully, a serious human can win it back in two years.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Maybe so but I'd have to get an account if this were to happen

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Need to sue them like they did to Alex Jones :

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The Times is a constant stream of baseless, defamatory crap. They should get sued every month.