The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

See why I'm not a fan, Phil? Link. I can respect a pro-choice conservative but not one who justifies it by spouting probably the shallowest liberal bumper sticker fodder rationale for it. Like I said when we had this discussion, she's hot, but she's just not very smart. Hell, she calls herself "a constitutional." The only context in which I've heard the term used as a noun is a "morning constitutional." Presumably that's not what she meant.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The difference between "Kremlin propaganda network" & CNN/MSNBC fake news?
    The Russians do not screen guests via pre-interview like CNN/MSNBC.
    The same desperation to "control the narrative" is lacking.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@Phil Elliott , the crickets are getting awfully loud on the Tomi Lahren fiasco. :smokin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Phil Elliott

I tried your link, but there was so many ads popping up I shut it down. She's still hot is all I can say.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's Ben Shapiro's website. You should become familiar with it, if you're not. He's one of the most dynamic and intelligent conservative voices in the media today.

LOL. At least you're honest, and I don't disagree with you there. She is very hot, but unfortunately that's all I can say too. Katy Perry's hot too. That doesn't make her useful.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MrD:smokin:
    Depends on YOUR definition of useful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Phil Elliott

Look, I don't have an expectation that *anyone* is going to say stuff that I 100% agree with. That just isn't realistic. On the whole, Tomi Lahren says mostly stuff I agree with, and that beats out Katy Perry, who occasionally says stuff I agree with. By the same token, DT mostly says stuff I agree with, which beats the heck out of HRC, who almost never says stuff I agree with. I voted accordingly, and when DT says something I don't agree with, I am not throwing him overboard b/c I know, on the whole, we want the same things. Same goes for Tomi Lahren. I still like her.

WRT abortion, I am pro-life, but I believe, as far as government goes, I would rather they just stay out of it. I believe that about most things government does.

• Like Like x 2
  13. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Just curious, but what does Katy Perry ever say that you agree with?

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well, she does have a point. I am, after all, a firework..

• Like Like x 1
  15. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

LMAO! I was going to say something similar but I left it as a layup for Phil.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

True, but is she really that useful? Don't forget that Russell Brand has been there. Even if I was single, I don't think I could go where that guy has been. :puke:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's a difference. At least using your rationale, you had to stick by Trump despite some disagreement, because it was a binary choice between him and HRC. However, it's not a binary choice with Tomi Lahren. If you don't watch her, that doesn't mean you have to watch to Rachel Maddow. You have lots of viable choices who are better.

Well, that's basically the argument pro-choicers make, so I'm not sure why you "self-identify" as pro-life. I think the government should protect innocent life. That's why I favor laws against murder and physician-assisted suicide. My view is tempered by my respect for constitutional federalism, so I don't want a broad federal ban on abortion. However I strongly favor state bans. If you don't support that, then I'm not sure how you can call yourself pro-life.

19. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The Wall Street Journal editorial board blasts Trump claiming he's in jeopardy of being perceived as a "fake president" due to a noted lack of credibility.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Damn liberal media hacks. It's all fake news.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Where does that say it's from the Wall Street Journal?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's CNN, as shown

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So what does it have to do with the Wall Street Journal article SH posted?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have no knowledge of that
    What I posted is consistent with the thread title

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Right, but you quoted my post, which was directed to the WSJ article. If you want to rip CNN as unfair to Trump, then be my guest. However, the WSJ is generally fair to him as they are to most Republicans.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I wouldnt know anything about that

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. You should. You made the quote.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I disagree.

Traditionally, while the editorial content of the WSJ was conservative or perhaps pro-business, the regular daily reporters have always tended left. Nonetheless, I will concede that they were the best writers for any daily in the country. Great storytelling.

Moreover, now even the editorial side of the WSJ has taken a slow swing the other way ever since the Murdoch acquisition. And, as we know, Murdoch is no fan of Trump.

So, if you want to claim the WSJ shows less Trump-hate than the NYT or CNN then, OK, I will give on that. But to claim the WSJ gives Trump favorable coverage is incorrect.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No, the quote was yours