The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

It's quite possible that Murdoch's kids may have had a different agenda than their dad had, but at the end of the day, money talks. And the advertisers gave Fox plenty of reasons to dump him.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 5,000+ Posts

And you voted for the sexual predator rather than the enabler. See how that works?

3. Seattle Husker

That last sentence is pretty sad and speaks strongly to the enabling of misogynists like our POTUS.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

All the bogus claims hurt the ones who suffered with real harassment.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

What percentage of them are bogus, and how do you know they are bogus?

Seattle Husker likes this.
  6. Seattle Husker

There is an assumption they are bogus because they received compensation. :rolleyes1:

Clearly, there are false accusations but the exception does not make the rule. In Ailes/O'Reilly's case, its attitudes like those displayed above that let the behavior perpetuate uncontrolled.

Mr. Deez likes this.
  7. Garmel

Garmel 250+ Posts

Really? He's a sexual predator? Proof?

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I have no idea of the percentage since I also do not know how many sexual harassment claims have been filed. Do You?

I know I have read of claims being thrown out for being false.

9. Seattle Husker

As much proof as you have for Bill Clinton, accusations and settlements. They both have sordid pasts on this topic.

10. Garmel

Garmel 250+ Posts

There's hell of a lot more proof against Clinton than Trump.

11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

When the Murdoch kids undeniably go center or even slight left they'll create a massive vacuum they'll deeply regret.

Part ways with Hannity and the abrupt revolt is guaranteed. Or being a deep, loyal conservative, Hannity chooses to leave and boost a new conservative network, and they're forked.

The new one would gradually replace Fox and steal a huge share of their viewers. With a robust lineup of Hannity, Larry Elder, Mark Stein, and a few other prominent, largely followed conservatives and it's all over but the crying for Fox News.

Not to mention Fox will be left fighting for market share between the many other avenues on the left. These kids are morons. The far more lucrative route would've been to make the model more conservative in an escalating political climate.

Instead they're gonna finish off the already tinkering base. Megan Kelly and Shep Smith were enough to make conservatives want to bail already. Lose Hannity to a new competitor and Fox becomes CNN before they went radical.

I decided to search online for the Conservative Review TV (CRTV) network that's already offered on my Roku service. Look what I found, other contenders already smell blood in the water...

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bill-oreilly-conservative-news-outlets-fox-news-1202390884/

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM
    nashhorn likes this.
  12. Seattle Husker

I didn't make a judgement on the volume of evidence but merely it's existence for both parties. So, I held my nose and voted for the "enabler" while you happily voted for the "perpetrator". That's a pretty ****** statement all around for our POTUS candidate choices.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

No, I don't know, but I'm also not presuming that anyone's case is bogus. I do know that sexual harassment cases are hard to win. If a company is paying out seven figures to settle them, it's not likely that they're bogus. That's far beyond nuisance value.

In a country with hundreds of millions of people, I'm sure you'll read about all kinds of things happening. That doesn't mean you should draw general conclusions.

Seattle Husker likes this.
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

Another "validate Deez" article, but it's too good not to share.

"Indeed, the fastest way to become the next conservative star is to “destroy” the Left, feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert. Liberals use condescending mockery. Conservatives use righteous indignation. That’s not much of a difference.

The cost has been a loss of integrity and, crucially, a loss of emphasis on ideas and, more important, ideals."

Sad but true.

BrntOrngStmpeDe and Hollandtx like this.
  15. Seattle Husker

Too bad David French didn't decide to run for POTUS earlier. Do conservatives read the National Review anymore?

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

Some do, but the reality is that it has become too elite and erudite for the modern Republican in the Trump era. It's a shame. I've lamented it for a long time, but few on the Right seem to care about actually convincing people to embrace conservative doctrine on the merits. There is a strong urge to try to righteously bully conservatism into people, and it doesn't work. It rallies the troops and makes them feel good about themselves, but it doesn't expand the tent, because it doesn't persuade anybody to embrace conservatism. National Review actually tries to sell its ideology to others, and the bully factor doesn't work for that, so they don't do it. Accordingly, many on the Right now go with your talk radio people, Sean Hannity, etc.

17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 500+ Posts

You have the same attitude. You voted for Clinton!! For you, it's just a matter of being a Democrat or Republican that determines right or wrong.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The daughter seeks quite a bit more than slight left

[​IMG]

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

MSNBC hawt take

[​IMG]

UTChE96 likes this.
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Compare paras 3 and 4
    It's difficult to understand how this stuff gets by an editor

[​IMG]

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Seattle Husker

Isn't that a recycled interview from well over a year ago?

23. Seattle Husker