The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's remarkable to see how different the tone of the coverage is on this compared to the tone of the coverage on the Bill O'Reilly stuff. At least what I've seen is far less judgmental.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He promised to attack the NRA
    Which I guess bought him slack

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One of the bigger stone throwers here
    Check out what she calls Weinstein

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Having trouble getting excited about Weinstien. Does 99% of America even know who Harvey Weinstien is?

Not sure I get the "proximity" logic being used. Because he visited the WH Obama or HRC are suddenly hypocrites are they also guilty of sexual harassment? Are we assuming they witnessed the sexual harassment behavior? The public stories (i.e. Ashley Judd) happened in private settings. It's best that he simply fades off into the sunset.

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The point is that if this were a GOP donor that had close ties with party bigwigs and had been lauded by the right wing community, we'd be hearing about how all of us hate women because we haven't called for him to be deported and shot.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Weinstein has performed atonement for his sins. If only those depraved GOPers were so contrite.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So this is one of the attorneys defending Weinstein

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This isn't just hypocritical. At least potentially, it could create major ethical problems. Doing business with a client is like dating a client. It's just not a smart thing to do.

12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

We all know who he is now, but for the wrong reason. It would be best for Democrats if he faded away. We agree on that.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Guardian is so weird

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13 years ago, Matt Damon, Russell Crowe and the New Yort Times spiked a Harvey Weinstein exposé involving sexual favors or coercion

The Wrap founder Sharon Waxman says Matt Damon and Russell Crowe called her in 2004 to stop a negative story about Harvey Weinstein. At the time, Waxman was working for the New York Times. She was told that Weinstein made a visit to the Times newsroom, where he visited with people 'above my head' to 'make his displeasure known'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssell-Crowe-helped-spike-Weinstein-expos.html

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A foursome? I assume this means more than one dude in the equation. If so, then yeah, she's probably going to have a hard time finding a marriage partner. I think the class of men who are ok with that is pretty narrow.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And it continues to narrow with age
    Just stating the facts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not sure age has much to do with it. I wouldn't have been any more willing to break the "2 balls, 4 walls" rule at 22 than I am at 41.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Drag a million dollar check through Malibu, you never know what you'll find

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OKeefe video with another NYT employee -- here undercover footage of Nick Dudich who is the ‘gatekeeper for the Times extensive online video library.’ His official job title is ‘Audience strategy editor.' Dudich previously worked for both the Obama and Clinton presidential campaigns in social media messaging.

He admits, “My voice…my imprint is on every video I do.” He jokes about his political bias, “I will be “objective ...... No I’m not. That’s why I’m there.”

On Trump he says “I’d Target his businesses, his dumb f*** of a son, Donald Jr. and Eric, [because] they’re running Trumps businesses.” He intended to “get people to boycott going to his hotels.” His goal was to “ruin the Trump brand….[and] start investigating his businesses” to force a resignation.

He says he's AntiFa and likes getting in fights with people who disagree with him. He also claims James Comey is his Godfather. This seems kinds crazy but hard to tell.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It's just unbelievable you don't see how big the hypocrisy is.

• Like Like x 1
  24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Is it? :cool: Just kidding....sort of.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Seattle Husker

26. Seattle Husker

Point it out then.

27. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

No need. I would b#t@h slap you with facts and you'd just be in denial. I think everyone here knows the obvious hypocrisy (even you.) But you like wasting everyones time.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Seattle Husker

So frisky. You claimed hypocrisy, I asked you to point it out since I couldn't see the "obvious hypocrisy" then you respond with this? One might wonder if you know the definition of "hypocrisy" or simply went searching for a longer word to use. BTW- Facts haven't been your forte in the past, at least in regard to bolstering your arguments. I'd welcome more of them even if it means ceding an argument to you.

29. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

but just on the other side of the chart, this graph spikes....'cause ya'know...your breathing still. And that's #1 factor of desirability on the list after 50.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

like this?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1