The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Everybody goes by Real GDP, SH. http://www.multpl.com/us-real-gdp-growth-rate/table/by-year. No three percent growth for the year during Obama's time. Trump probably won't get there this year either. Might have if it weren't for the hurricanes.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Here is the REAL US GDP Growth rate (adjusted for inflation).

I stated previously that a POTUS doesn't deserve credit until the end of their initial fiscal year they inherited but you'll notice that Trump's GDP growth rate (real) is an improvement over 2016 but under multiple quarters in 2014 and 2015.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sort of an inverse Mike Pence rule

• Like Like x 2
  5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You see, it's only appropriate to take precautions AFTER you have been harrassed and/or propositioned, or AFTER you end up having an affair in a moment of weakness. Before then, it just makes everyone else look bad when you try to avoid those situations.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

There are things that give instant results for the economy. Stopping all the dumb regulations that crippled the economy alone gives confidence that helps the market break record after record. Just like there are things that can hurt the economy instantly like 9-11-2001 or something not as extreme in having back to back hurricanes. It's not a coincidences that things changed for the better after Obama left office. It will take time on other things to see progress as well, but you can't deny that things are moving toward the right direction for the better. It didn't start with Obama. He made decisions that made you wonder if he was trying to damage our economy. It hung in there despite Obama not having a clue about the basics of economics.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Seattle Husker

2 different authors making different arguments, as usual.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN shot itself in the foot again today with more fake news
    I am sure you guys have seen this, its hard to avoid

What you might not know is that their source has also been outed too and it is Adam Schiff and his office. His office seems to be a primary source for them for many stories. They screwed up date today on the Wkileaks stuff came directly from his office. He tried to get the WAPO to bight on the same story but they caught the error (by demanding the orig email). But CNN just ran with it without any checks. The interesting question remaining is why did Schiff do this to them?

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Schiff is an anti-Trumper piece of ****

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Wisdom of Newsweek -- from 1995

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

14. Seattle Husker

Who was it that was claiming that the Trump accusers weren't to be believed because they "disappeared" after the election? Does this mean they are to be believed?

Personally, I think Franken was pushed out because Dem's knew that this was coming and they were planning to attack Trump on a 3rd front. The first 2 being Russia collusion and emoluments. That doesn't mean these 16 women aren't to be believed but rather todays media push is self-serving, similar to Trump bringing Bill Clinton 3 accusers to the POTUS debate.

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't know. You tell me. The only reason they're coming back is due to Soros funding. Like I said, the anti-Trumpers have to come up with another scam to get Trump out of office.

16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Franken would still be supported by the DNC if there was a special election and they didn't want to just hand the GOP a seat without fighting for it. They let him go because they could afford to. Franken was a joke. He never past a single legislation the whole time while in office. They liked him because he was a Bulldog toward the Republicans.

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would be shocked if anyone other than the hard line leftist apologists didn't get that. You don't have a bunch of dems hemming and hawing and all over the page, and within two days, everyone's on message with the same talking points about stepping down.

The only one who wasn't on message was Franken, who continues to say he didn't do anything wrong and basically say "but that guy's worse." I don't think "playing the martyr" shows a whole lot of contrition on his part, but I guess he probably feels like he's being abandoned by the party that would otherwise be covering his tracks like it has for Conyers all these years.

18. Seattle Husker

In nearly every way, Franken's transgressions were on a different level than the allegations agains Conyers, Trump and Moore. He is being railroaded to an extent but nobody cares right now. I'm sure his ego is bruised that he gets pushed out while others continue on but as long as he's there the Dems have no leg to stand on in accusations against others. Additionally, the Dems base CARES about these issues while the R base doesn't. The Dems could have potentially lost the faith of their own base if they didn't act.

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Really? A bit of overgeneralization there, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I think the word you're looking for is "********", Nashhorn. :p

• Like Like x 2
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Just as a reminder this is coming from a guy who voted for a woman who's husband was a sexual abuser himself and she herself was hellbent on destroying these women who accused him.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Seattle Husker

Yet you voted for the actual abuser. Who is worse? The enabler or predator?

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Who's the abuser? Trump? I know you libs like to believe every time a republican is accused he is automatically guilty but that's not the case.

24. Seattle Husker

That's right...16 women are clearly lying about Trump just as 9 are lying about Moore. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Winning, right?

25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Winning, over guys like you?

It's extremely important, yes.

26. Seattle Husker

Enough to enable serial sexual abusers. No thanks.

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yet you were willing to enable Slick Hilly. No thanks.

28. Seattle Husker

I didn't enable anyone, in the first election. I voted for Ross Perot in '92 as a registered Republican. In hindsight I should have been more judicious with my '96 vote. What's your excuse?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The amount of women doesn't matter. It's not hard to recruit people when there's money involved. That's why when you see women popping up at inopportune times for the accused(like before election time) or being backed by sleazebags (like Soros) you have to give the accused the benefit of the doubt. Pence is smart because he's seen it happen to too many powerful men and will not be around any women without his wife with him. Btw, you voted for someone where there is no doubt she tried to destroy her husband's victims. Think about that before you type one of your self-righteous posts again.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  30. Seattle Husker

It's all a giant conspiracy. I'd argue that you guys would only admit defeat when presented with a smoking gun but we know that's not even true given Trump's Access Hollywood tape. Even a smoking gun doesn't matter.

I don't have a problem with Pence's position. My wife and I have a similar rule in that I don't put myself in a position where things could be misconstrued. This generally means that I make sure to leave Happy Hour before I'm left with just a female and I.

I know what I voted for and why. I held my nose to vote because I was concerned about the alternative. Unlike you, I have not and will not cheerlead for the person I voted for. It was a necessary evil which I've admitted to. Still, if HRC WAS the abuser rather than an enabler I hope I'd have the fortitude to not vote for her.