The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So the media has now taken a cue from Smallett and simply started making up outraged people to be outraged about.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

If it weren't for fake hate crimes, we wouldn't have any hate crimes.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Prod
    All I can do is :facepalm:

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm sorry but I find that disgusting. If what was done to me wasn't a hate crime then nothing is. All for doing nothing but JWW. I guess I should have known I wasn't supposed to be on that hike & bike trail. Outside of my family and some close friends no one even knows about it, or cares. The police report and medical records are all there for anyone who chooses to look, but they won't because it's not part of their agenda. And no amount of $ can pay me for what I went through physically and mentally.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

so the Cook County DA is recusing herself??
    "Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx Recuses Self From Jussie Smollett Investigation"
    First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats will be the acting state's attorney for the matter, a spokesperson said in an emailed statement Tuesday. No further explanation was given as to why Foxx recused herself."

Notice the last name of the First ***'t.:lmao:

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

TDS is a terrible disease.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If it’s any consolation, your attacker(s) probably dead by now.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Gotta love this story. If a Republican moves from politics to the newsroom, it's a cause for concern. But if Democrats or their spouses move from politics to the newsroom (which happens routinely), it's all good.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

"Several Democratic strategists harshly criticized CNN for the move. "

Would that include the former Democrat strategists now working at CNN?

It's actually no wonder the CNN employees were concerned about this, seeing as how so many of them were getting paid by Dems before, and so they know first-hand how biased those people can be.

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Can anybody say "George Stuffitupyouropolis"?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If I were King for a Day, the people who come up with this nonsense would be in big trouble

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

I briefly watch cnn and texags once in a great while if I want a good laugh. Does cnn have a resident counterpart like democrat Juan Williams with Fox? Even though Fox leans one way, they definitely seem more balanced than cnn.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They have "fake Republicans" who are more like method actors playing a role. And poorly. Embarrassingly awful. Dishonest really

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe they could get jobs at Amazon?
    Oh wait .....

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Honestly, if I was a prosecutor in Chicago, I wouldn't want to get involved with this case either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would move to have him hanged during the St Patrick's Day festivities

20. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Appreciate your transparency on your autocratic biases.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Not sure what "decriminalize homosexuality" means, but it sounds like a complete mischaracterization of something else.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They're playing the "both sides" card, because it's all they have. The problem is that this isn't a "both sides" issue. The Left immediately assumed he was telling the truth just like they assumed the Native American protestor was telling the truth. What conservative politician or media figures claimed he was lying from the beginning? I don't recall any. I recall questions about some of the problems with his story and calls not to rush to judgment until the facts were known (which were largely denounced as victim blaming and racism), but I didn't see anyone of prominence affirmatively calling him a liar from the get-go. Maybe they did, but I didn't see any.

You can't say "both sides" when one side says "let's wait for the facts," and the other side craps in its pants.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It’s hard to not see how phony those liberal politicians that jumped to conclusions before any facts came out. Then the facts come out with hard evidence that Jussie Smollett faked it. When those same politicians are confronted they’re response is let’s wait to get all the facts before jumping to any conclusions. They are such a joke.

• Like Like x 2
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Someone mentioned Stephonopolous (howerever it's spelled). I was just thinking about it the other day because GMA is hosted by Michael Strahan, Robin Roberts and George. A complete slate of Liberals. They're not even trying to have a balance. They are all in.

• Like Like x 1
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I seem to recall Trump being skewered for his both sides comment (which was ill-advised in my opinion; that was the moment that he should have singled out Nazi's for their special place in hell). I don't know if any high-profile Conservatives immediately reported it was a hoax. I do recall skepticism online in general almost right away. Some people had taken a lot of time to dissect the public record and smelled the rat.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There are countless examples of liberal politicians and their spouses moving into the media. By the way, not all of them did a bad job. Tim Russert worked for Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Mario Cuomo before hosting Meet the Press and was surely a pretty liberal guy. He probably never voted for a Republican in his life, but he was a good host, because he valued his integrity and his credibility over his politics.

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's all we need. Integrity. And if you believe in something, just make the case without the hyperbole. If your values system is solid then the truth will clear the road ahead of you.

"Tell us what you believe; tell us why; tell us how you will achieve it."

I just think the two-party system, which forces people into a corner they'd rather not sit, causes the extremism that we are seeing. How can you get a Catholic who believes life begins at conception to vote for the party that bathes buildings in pink light? The only way you can is to make them believe their leaders (Trump) are Nazi's. That's the only way. The same with moderates. I think the Left understands that their extreme elements do not play in "fly over country" (which is why they want to abolish the electoral college) so they must attack attack attack daily with exaggerations and outright lies.

I will take your word on Russert and Cuomo. I haven't really analyzed their background and subsequent approach as members of the media. Kudos to them.

• Like Like x 2