The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2020 is Nixon 1972 all over again. Press hates him, but effective president.

By the way, Nixon is talked about way more than Kennedy, Johnson, Ike, Ford, Carter, etc.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

And if the Dems nominate on of the far-left wingnuts to run for POTUS, Trump will win in a manner similar to Nixon in 1972.

3. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Can we just have one day that the MSM and their loyal followers of fake news just not cry about anything. Just one day of not being snow flakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LOL! Please tell me about how close we are to getting rid of Trump. I need my fake news, man!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Peace and prosperity is hard to beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yes. Every conservative, Republican, or Trump supporter is a Qanon supporter. That woman in the picture represents every person LongestHorn disagrees with politically. Everybody who agrees with LH thinks JFK Jr. is coming back. Fact.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, and some on the Right believe in some nutty ones. However, one of the Democratic presidential candidates thinks that transwomen need abortion services (which means he thinks they can get pregnant). For saying so, he got cheered and wasn't challenged at all. In other words, significant numbers of Democrats agreed with him - enough to make calling out this idiocy political damaging. Next to that, a conspiracy theory about JFK, Jr. faking his death and being a Trump supporter is quite sane.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This Jason Campbell hack is falsifying the quote. The quote is correct, but he didn't say "just." He said, "In many cases . . ." His point was that you could oppose forced busing for non-bigoted reasons, and of course, he is right.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Longest is on a roll recently. It's quite amusing.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Every party needs its unprincipled trolls.

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, sure.

Who is the Libertarian's unprincipled troll? I might like following him/her/it.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

William Weld.

15. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Busing was one of the dumbest actions ever forced on society, and a very long list of liberal policies exist. Creepy, tired Uncle Joe got one right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He is old enough to have held office when significant parts of the Democratic Party were sane. "Wokeness" wasn't the overriding force in the party. Accordingly he took positions that don't comport with the party's nuttiest elements. Busing was an example. So was crime. So was abortion. Now that the crackpots are in the driver's seat, he looks like a friggin' heretic for taking positions that only the biggest lunatics didn't agree with at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Jason Campbell is good as smearing people. All I could get from that tweet and video. Campbell is good at ignoring things that make Shapiro sound reasonable and taking things out of context to paint in the most negative light possible.

This is the state of the media industry today. It is why they are the enemy of the people. They are not independent reporters of truth. They are Democratic and Progressive propagandists.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is he even that good? He posted video that discredits what he said. To me, that's pretty dumb.

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

22. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I like this new, senile McConnell. He's feisty.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, Transgender discussions are a challenge due to the syntax of language, specifically the English language. Do you think Julian Castro intended to say "biological men" should be able to have abortions or the more plausible scenario a biological woman acting and claiming to be a male? He was clearly pandering to the far left.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  25. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

In other words, Campbell did to Shapiro what Shapiro does to others?

I can't stand these social media shock jock equivalents conservative or progressive). They make money on being provocative, not genuinely educating their followers. That gets you an invite to the White House though.

26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

I was a volunteer on Ross Perot for POTUS on both his campaigns. He said and did plenty of dumb things. But by today’s standards, he’s a Roosevelt.

RIP Ross.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Maybe you could give an example of Shapiro doing the same thing to others to back up your point.

28. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

That may have been the most brilliant response to a liberal reporter that I have ever seen. Pointing out that their Messiah Obama held a similar position is impossible for the MSM to counter-punch.

29. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So the problem is the faulty articulation of a politician that has nothing else to offer other than his ability to articulate.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You are correct, and I don't think he meant to say "biological men." However, why didn't anyone correct him? Why didn't he correct himself? No way to know for sure, but if he had done so, it would have required him to make distinctions based on objective sex rather subjective gender, which would likely cause uncomfortable moments for whoever decided to make the point.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019