The Most Likely Scenario to Play Out in the Big 12 is ...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Nov 2, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Thought it would be fun to hear opinions...
    I'll say I think it is just as likely that Texas runs the table as it is Baylor beats Texas. (Just fun to say it... )
    KState could sneak in with Baylor losing 3 of remaining 4 (reasonably possible) and they win out or if OU loses another and they remain at two losses (I think we will beat them so doubt either of these comes into play)
    OU pretty much in unless they lose 1 more and KState is the other 2 loss team and Baylor has only 1 loss.
    So, for me...likely scenario I'm saying Baylor loses 3 of next 4
    Texas beats KState and Baylor
    OU wins out
    If Texas beats Tech and Iowa St. They rematch with OU.. If UT loses one of those Baylor with 3 losses wins head to head tiebreak vs KState and rematches OU in CCG.
    I realize there are other teams still mathematically alive, but I've singled out these teams as having most likely paths based on schedule, record, head to heads, and, of course, my own homerism. (I believe Iowa St. will add losses to Texas and KState, btw)
    This is all alot of "I thinks" here...I get it. Not my usual schtick, but thought it would be interesting to hear your best guesses and take a wild stab myself. We can check back in a few weeks and see who was cool and who was fool.
    Have I missed anything...factually?
    Head to head is still a tiebreaker in this, at times, jacked up conference isnt it?!?
    Fire away...

• Like Like x 1
  2. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Nice analysis. Based on what we have observed over the past three games, it’s hard to envision winning more than half of the games. The return of many injured players will help but I just haven’t seen anything from the defense to justify much optimism.

3. RainH2burntO

And the offense?!?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

If we can fix the defense — or just hold any opponent to 24 points — I would fully expect for us to win all four games. That is, unless Sam gets hurt.

I have much more confidence in Herman’s ability to address the recent issues on offense than on defense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Texas loses 3 out of 4 finishes 6-6...goes to the toilet bowl and WINS!

• poop poop x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

We may lose to Baylor but I think 3-1 or 4-0 in the home stretch. Injuries devastated this season, now 5 are coming back. Blame TH and TO all you want. Let’s see what happens this month. I think we win.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

We win out. Baylor only loses to us and beats OU Sucks so we play Baylor in the Big 12 Championship and win. We go to the Fiesta, Baylor to the Sugar and OU sucks plays Aggie in the Pancho’s Mexican Buffet Bowl in Laredo.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

K-State owns Texas. Sad, but true. Next weekend is going to be ugly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

We win out! or We go 1-3. or We go 2-2 :(

Actually, we go 3-1. I have it on the highest authority.

10. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

With a loss to Baylor, OU would only have 2 losses ( to BU and KSU ) equal to ours but having beat us, wins tie-breaker and then BU and OU play for title. We end up in Laredo...LOL

11. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

That KO return for TD allowed Tigers to go for it at midfield up ( 9 instead of only 2 ) and they score TD to go up 40-24.....Turns out the kick coverage team CHOKED for SMU...

• poop poop x 1
  12. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

SMU was doomed when Corso picked them to win.

13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I knew there was a reason

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We've won 4 out of the last 6. I don't think games played from 2006-2012 are going to have any effect next weekend.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't think games played from 2006-2012 (and three coaches) are going to have any effect next weekend.

16. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Which would be yet another winning season and another bowl win......Sadly, that's where the program is...

17. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

We finish 7-5. I just don't know who the W's and L's will be. Probably not what we expect.

18. RainH2burntO

The more I look at Baylor, I still think losing 3 of next 4 possible, but see them going 2-2 down the stretch a bit more likely. With one of those losses to us, if we can win out, that still puts us into the CCG. The real debate is over how capable we are of winning out, I suppose.

19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

OU will win the Big XII as they do nearly every year as of late. They are the favorite year in and year out.

20. zuckercanyon

But what if OU has some injuries, and, due to lack of depth at that position(s), they fail to win the Big 12 as expected? No excuses! Their coaching SUCKS!

• Hot Hot x 1
  21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Go on....

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. zuckercanyon

DOH!

• Like Like x 1
  23. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

If they look totaly inept at the back up positions, and their offense goes into "WTF was that" mode...then yes their coaches would SUCK.

24. zuckercanyon

annnnnd should be fired and they better win the NC next year or Riley is out!

25. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Why would they have to win the NC ? I think winning the CCG yet again, would be enough to warrant a raise.

26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Actually our last three games are just a bump in the road. (“Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.”) No biggie, just like the fact that Texas is headed toward its worst defensive season in history. Heck, it had to happen sometime, right? Might as well be this year...

10-4 last year and 9-5 or 8-6 in 2019. We’re fine. It’s all good, right?

27. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

10-4 is still right there, but we need to win this weekend. It's at home. Get some guys back, Sam's not going to suck 2 games in a row. Win this weekend, lose to Ioaw St. or Baylor, or win the bowl and you're 10-4. Not the season anyone wanted but not a total dumpster fire either. Lose this weekend. and it's a **** show.

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Texas will win the National Championship...........someday, not this year though.

I believe the most probable result is we split the remaining 4 ending with a 7-5 season. Have no idea which bowl we get, but hope for a win. We do get a lot of the injured guys back and as long and they stay healthy, we have a shot to go 3-1 to finish 8-4. Still no idea about a bowl or opponent. Looking forward to 2020, which should be much better.

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I may have this wrong, but if UT loses one of those then I think your scenario would have Baylor, Texas, and K-State all with 3 losses, with Texas having defeated each of them and thus having the tiebreaker.

30. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts