The new basketball arena

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by kurupt, Nov 9, 2019.

1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Looks pretty good.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Based on the animated pictures I saw what I really liked about it was its not big and separated like the erwin center. Its a big arena but it gives you the Gregory gymnasium feel with the crowd being closer and everyone together

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

This also happened this week.

• Like Like x 2
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

5. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

They sure must be proud of their name. The basketball arena will joint Moody Coliseum and Moody Library at SMU, and I believe some building at Rice. I think there are other Moody institutions around the state, also, but they are not coming to mind.

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Do you even UT, bro? Moody College of Communication? ;)

8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The Moody Foundation is loaded. About $2B loaded. Today's DMNews discusses a new $100 million commitment to SMU for a new part of its graduate programs. The Foundation was funded by great grandpa whose money is big in insurance. One of the grandsons is a grad of UTAustin and one of the granddaughters is a SMU grad and on several leadership boards there. It mentions past contributions and most are academic but with $20 million for Moody Coloseum SMU basketball upgrade in 2011. Also the article mentions the $130 million for our new arena. The Moody Foundation is headquartered in Galveston but has a Dallas office as well. Not sure what else. They have given more than $1.5 B to colleges over the recent past. They are ALL-IN on education.

• Like Like x 1