'The Next Messiah'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Roger, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

See the embeded Video

I find it amazing that Barbara Walters is the one syaing this. Basically she is trying to say that he over promised raising everyone's expectations thus not meeting those high expectations is why his approval rating is so low.

I don't know what I find more shocking the fact that she is using expectations as the reason for his low approval rating or that she really said he was supposed to be "the next messiah" which obviously is setting expectations way too high.

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

As though there has ever been a candidate that has not over promised.
    It is what it is, or has become. And we vote them in every time.
    Merry Christmas everyone.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Apparently BO still thinks of himself as the ONE
    just consider his idea of honoring important events like
    Rosa Parks birthday- pic of BP
    Dec 07 1941- pic of BO-
    death of Nelson Mandela - pic of BO

and the latest and greatest. A mega huge pic of BO hanging between hundreds times smaller pics of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln in our embassy in LondonThe Link

4. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

He campaigned in 08 on trasforming the culture of washington and creating the most transparent administration ever. Even reasonable dems will agree that he has not come close to filling this lofty promise. He also ran a campaign in 08 so filled with vagueness that people started filling in the gaps with what they wanted to hear. Many of them did't get what they wanted and are not happy. Other than team politics players, nobody has much reason to be satisfied.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Larry T
    I never thought of it that way but this is really what happened
    " He also ran a campaign in 08 so filled with vagueness that people started filling in the gaps with what they wanted to hear."

The country was so ready for a change they ignored facts and signs and wanted to believe.
    I'd say this won't happen again but seeing most of the media . many pols and others rush to still defend what factually can't be I think we could make the same mistake again

6. Larry T. Spider

Independents voted for him for the same reason they bought lotto tickets last night. Things suck and there is the promise that it will immediately get better. Works out for a select few but most people are a few (or more) bucks poorer. They also dont understand math.

7. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Barbara Walters is a dim witted celebrity who has made a career by sleeping with famous people. Look it up.
    She gets interviews aplenty because she is so gushing with the interviewees and treats them like demi gods

Look at the one she did with Bashir Assad for an example of what a butt kisser she is.

A mile wide and an inch deep. She was close friends for years with Roy Cohn for gods sake.

that she fell for O's Pied Piper routine should surprise nobody.

She is a media star with no talent for digging for the truth, which is not a requirement for tv "news."

8. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

9. Larry T. Spider

10. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Obozo thinks of himself as Santa Claus and enjoys giving your money to his cronies.

11. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

12. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

the guy was a poorly rated adjunct law professor and a street hustler. Yeah, shocking that he makes jimmy carter look competent at running a country. good grief.

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

14. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Larry is nailing this. And frankly, I don't think Obama is worse than other politicians on this. I think most of them would just blab platitudes and offer little to no substance if they could, because it keeps them from getting nailed down on any issue and frankly it works. Most voters are stupid and will vote solely on platitudes if that's all they hear.

What keeps most politicians from doing that is that they would get scrutinized by the press. A Republican couldn't pull it off for a day, and even most Democrats couldn't pull it off for more than a few weeks. Eventually a mainstream media source would eventually call ********. However, other than conservative media sources (which mostly preach to the choir), Obama pretty much got a pass in 2008.

However, Mich is also right. Even if the media had been less gushing back in 2008 and called Obama on the carpet more often, once the nominations were settled, there wasn't a serious GOP alternative. Obama wasn't going to lose to an angry Wal-Mart greeter and his ditzy sidekick. We likely would have had a closer election. McCain probably would have carried a few of the really close states like North Carolina, Indiana, Florida, and maybe Ohio, but that wouldn't have put him over the top.

16. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet