The official Jordan Spieth thread.

Discussion in 'Golf' started by shaggy refuge, Jun 7, 2015.

1. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Welp, another win and off to home of golf! Hook 'em Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas needs to take UA up on their offer so UA will outfit Spieth in Burnt Orange on Sunday's.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I made out very well...after the very pedestrian par in Round 1, odds on him winning went to 20:1...hell yeah I loaded up. I had confidence...admittedly got a little worried about the slow start yesterday, but Spieth went full beast mode when it counted :hookem::hookem::bevo:

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Longhorn magic ... congrats!

6. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Jordan stuck with the scum of the earth dustin johnson(he makes Tiger look like saint). Tear him a new *** Jordan!

7. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Just hours away now. Come what may, I have never been more excited to watch ******* golf! Hook 'em Jordan!!!!!!

8. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Of all the majors, this is the one with the most variables. You can hit really good shots and end up in a bunker or deep rough.

The weather can change dramatically in the span of the day. Some players can play in perfect conditions in the morning. Then that afternoon the course is almost unplayable due to driving rain and high winds. This means that draws can play a major role in who wins or loses. Luck can certainly have a major role in The British Open.

Some years like last year, this Major looks more like the John Deere Classic, where it takes -17 to win. Other years if the weather is nasty, par is a very good score, and can win it.

Hopefully it will be a fair test for all and some players won't have to play in worse conditions than others. If the weather is bad for all involved, I could see Spieth once again coming out on top due to his great course management and uncanny scrambling ability.

Good conditions or even damp conditions, without the high winds would certainly favor the big hitters at St. Andrews. No matter the weather condition though, you can't ever count out Jordan Spieth, he just has will, determination, and most of all the game to compete under all circumstances.

The young Texas phenom going for another record win, on the Old Course at St. Andrews, at the home of golf. This really is good stuff. :hookem2:

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If you haven't already discovered, they are following Jordan on LHN.

10. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Spieth has finished 18 in good shape. Only 54 to go!!!

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Have to say that I liked the moxie he showed on that 614 yard hole that could EASILY have been bogey or double-bogey...was a real nice par save.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Missed two putts late. Could have easily been tied with lead at -7. Hope he has jet lag and other prepatory issues out of the way.

13. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Sometimes you just miss. First round of 18, with 7 birdies and 2 bogies, 2 strokes off the leader, he"s doing just fine. Look at Tiger and Lefty.

Lot of balls to hit yet.

14. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

He gave away a lot today. Coulda been much better. Hope he's firing on all cylinders the next three days.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Missing putts. May not be accustomed to the wind. Should have 2 birdies by now.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Speith ain't going to win it if he can't make putts.

17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

He's back to -6 now, lots of players making birdies. Matsuyama has made six birdies in his round through ten holes, to get to -7. He's in the group with Spieth and Johnson.

Nobody will catch Johnson if continues to drive it like he does and also be lights out in putting. I have never seen him putt so well. It's a deadly combination at St. Andrews.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  18. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Of all the tournys this one has the weirdest **** happen. Jordan played as poorly as he is capable of. Thank God he's off the course for today. Fresh start and go in the morning. Johnson will do a few lines and a couple fellow players' wives and that will be all for him!

• Like Like x 1
  19. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Too many three putts really hurt Spieth. It's going to take two very solid rounds now to get past all the players ahead of him on the leader board.

Johnson still appears very solid, with two rounds to go. It looks like unless the weather gets really rough and they actually have to play in it, the winner will have to go pretty low, like maybe 12-15 under par.

20. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Johnson will fold like a cheap suit. He always will, cause there is nothing between the ears for that guy. Jordan has 13 players ahead of him trailing by 5. He can do it but his putting has sucked. Since he's never heard of Bob Barker someone should say: you're not a pro golfer, you should be working in the snack bar.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Speith on fire, and I'm at the airport about to board a plane. Of course, at work on Monday.

22. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Cheap suit in play. Starting the day alone at -10, midway through back 9 of 3rd round Turico states: (...and of the 63 golfers left at this point, Dustin Johnson is the only one to not shoot at least one hole under par in the 3rd round...). Meanwhile, that Longhorn started, what, 4 shots back, is now tied with Dunne at -11 and the lead.

Long way to go, but this is fun to watch.

23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Spieth walking up 18 just now to some Texas fans singing "The Eyes". Nice.

24. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Spieth and Garcia walking to the 18th ---- Longhorn fans with burnt orange shirts very audibly sing The Eyes.

Edit: HinC, got quicker fingers than me!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

As predicted above, Dustin is folding.

26. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

One very solid round down and if the weather holds, you need one more. So many good players bunched together, one or more will have a low round.

Johnson finally lost the putting touch, he had the chances. Always been his weakness in the past and he plainly lost his confidence after that.

Spieth got his putter going again, after that bogie on the ninth hole. It was back to vintage Jordan again, after that hole.

If the weather gets nasty, then you could have all the leaders just trying to survive and hold their present scores. Going to be a real dogfight it seems and Spieth is right in the middle of it.

27. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

GB crowd sings to UT Spieth after today's round... (unmute the Vine @ bottom right)

Really, they don't sound very British, Irish, or Scottish to me.

28. snek

snek 500+ Posts

Ha, he gave a thumbs up. Ags will have a field day on that one. Maybe they can root for this Longhorn and for once, root for a winner.

29. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

According to texags, he really isn't a Longhorn because he didn't stay very long at Texas.

So it's ok for them to root for him.

30. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Double bogey on 8. Does he go into a tailspin? Hell no -- birdies on 9 and 10.
    :yippee::hookem2::yippee: