The only games that truly define the season

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by FWHORN, Mar 11, 2022.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Start next week. Texas won the Big XII tourney last year but it was rendered meaningless after the choke job against ACU. In 2003 Texas went to the Final Four and nobody cares that they lost their first game in Kansas City that year. This season was always going to be judged by what happens in the NCAA tournament, its why Shaka is up in Milwaukee and while yesterday was disappointing and depressing it is meaningless in the grand scheme because all we will care about when the season is over is what happens now over the next hopefully several games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

FIFY.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Do you know how to stop losing first round conference tourney games? Straight to NIT if you lose.

4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Then our '03 team that went to New Orleans and was Carmelo going crazy away from playing for a national title would have been NIT bound. I don't think you can put much into these conference tournaments unless you are a bubble team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

We just ran into perhaps the GREATEST Syracuse team ever, and that’s saying something!

I was there and it wasn’t “just” Carmelo. Bobby McNamara ate our lunch and Hakeem Warrick was a glass cleaner!

Note: The early game featured this guy named Dewayne Wade and that Marquette team got run out of the gym by Jayhawks.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I too recall McNamara was the real killer. Carmelo got his, but McNamara was nails all game.

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

And suddenly that TCU loss last week means not a damn thing. Really stepped up today and now Sunday is chance to make a special run.

• Agree Agree x 1