The POD formation.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by OrangeChipper, Feb 24, 2012.

1. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Payable on Death??

Nope.

Pistol formation with 2 EXTRA running backs. Looks like we just might have Gray, Bergeron, & Brown in same backfield after all??
    The Link

2. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

Its going to look like a stampede back there

3. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

We have enough talent in the backfield to give defenses a headache. I just hope the OL represents this year.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

POD = Spread Wishbone. If the current four can execute it as well as Street, Koy, Worster and Bertelsen did, Texas has no offensive problems.

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

POD = Phormation of Death [​IMG]

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Based on the description, it sounds like it's just the Diamond formation with the QB at a Pistol depth instead of Shotgun.

7. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

might work if we could catch some teams off guard. Imagine a single TE set, with everybody tight on the line except Shipley. Everybody on D closes in, knowing a run is coming, Ash fakes, Ship beats his man off the lne, perfect deep ball thrown by Ash, and Shipley's gone.

8. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

I feel like this might be something Harsin will look to install: Link

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

10. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

11. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I think it needs a nazzier name than the POD...where's Blackie Sherrod or one of the other old time sports writers when you really need 'em. I don't trust Bohls to come up with a workable name for the new offense.