The Prevailing Windbags of Lubbock

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 12thStudStan, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

2. TTURedRaider13

TTURedRaider13 < 25 Posts

Niece you say? [​IMG]

3. RansomStoddard

RansomStoddard 25+ Posts

When in history has anyone from sand aggy ever posted or said anything intelligent about football--EVER.

4. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

I am in the minority here. I really like Tech fans. They are more fun that most. Only recently have they started taking their team really seriously. The tortilla throwing is hilarious. Going for it on 4th down from your own 20 in the first quarter is also good fun.

5. Deguello

Deguello 100+ Posts

6. CajunHorn

CajunHorn 100+ Posts

7. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

I like Tech. I dont get into academic smack talk, because I considered going there too before I went to Texas. I was also a Texas State student for 2 semesters. I have no regrets, my wife is a Bobcat, and I almost went to Tech, but decided on Texas at the reccomendation of an Aggie (he was a professor at SWT and suggested I go to UT, aTm or TTU but suggested UT more than the other two).

So there.

8. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

Texas Tech woke up on Sunday and realized they are looking up at Baylor in the South standings. [​IMG]

9. llanoflash

llanoflash 25+ Posts

10. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

11. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

12. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

12thStudStan has filled my sucky Monday morning with hilarity. I will henceforth stride into this day with confidence.

And, I will submit my application for minion-ship.

13. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i am so sick of hearing about bad refs i could puke. it seems like my fanbase is the WORST going right now, but i'm sure tech is a few losses away from catching us.

seriously, refs don't steal games. even the oregon one.

14. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Hey raider man..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you or your friends.

And I don't want to be associated with aggies....

But I'm not going onto your boards saying anything..I'm posting on a UT fan board...so if you come over here and read everything we write then you have to expect some posts you wont agree with. In my very limited experience (I only know maybe 50 tech students) I've never met a tech student who didn't tell me some sob story of getting in provisionally to UT...or failing out of UT...or being in the 11th percent etc. etc. etc. Now that's not to say that there aren't some people who grow up wanting to go to Tech -- I've just never met one.

Hell..Bigfoot could be real as well. And aliens....boogie men...santa claus..etc. etc. etc.

-j

15. The Peoples Elbow

The Peoples Elbow 250+ Posts

16. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts

17. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

18. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

The whining is almost, dare we say, sooneresque.

19. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

20. NEwherebutA&M

NEwherebutA&M 100+ Posts

I love how that article pretty much lists everything that went wrong for Tech implying that it only happened because they were ALL bad call. Gimme a f'n break.

I guess none of them noticed the clock not running on one of our plays with 4+ minutes left. It didn't start until a good 4-5 seconds after the play was over.

If someone is going to write an article bitching about refs, look at the things that happened to both teams. Maybe the Tech D could stop the QB from running 30 yds when it was 3rd and long.

21. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Just to be clear -- I'm not bashing Texas Tech as a school. Obviously it is a fine institution of higher learning. My problem is with how the fans act...

It just annoys me how these kids go to Tech and then all of a sudden they're crazy fans. It's not like they grew up watching Tech games or anything. So it annoys me how they act.

22. MinnesotaHorn

MinnesotaHorn 25+ Posts

Wait, why are we running academic smack to a team we just beat on the field?

12thStudStan needs some sort of rallying cry for us. Like, "Minions... Assemblllllllllllle!!!!"

23. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

My favorite part of the game was the Tech student section chanting "UN-DER---RATE-ED.. clap, clap, clap clap clap"...in the FIRST QUARTER! They really should know better than that.

24. Show Horn

Show Horn 25+ Posts

Seriously, I don't understand why us Texas fans are so sensitive to the "we bought the refs" stuff.

The facts are "We're Texas" and we can do about anything damn thing we want to. And if that means buying off the refs then we do it.

Why? Because we can and plus we got a hell of a lot more money that the raidiers, sooners, and aggies combined. Live with it.

25. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

Is it to late too apply for minionhood?

26. ILoveChickFilA

ILoveChickFilA 25+ Posts

Have you guys ever seen tOSU and TT fans on 6th street? There is a reason these two fanbases have the reputation they do. Its not a coincidence, and we are not all of a sudden calling TT fans classless, we've been calling them this for years and they've had the repuation with A&M, OU, etc. Its not a new occurance and its not a result of Saturday's game. The bed has been bult for a long time and people have continued to lay in the bed over and over again. Need I remind TT fans of the whole GoalPost in the Aggy section incident. Go ahead, defend how classy that was.

27. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

I was at the game and tailgated in the lot west of the stadium before and after the game, and I have no idea what you are talking about. All the Tech fans I met were great.

Even better, we left a cooler on the ground in one tailgate area, and it was there when we got back with the beer still in it.[​IMG]

28. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

I've been to every venue in the big 12, the vast majority more than one time (OU just for b-ball of course) and I can say that absent Colorado, Tech fans are the worst in the conference. They are verbally abusive (the younger student types anyway) and not particularly hospitable. I've even went with Tech people a couple of times and they cringed at all the insults and fingers I got. It has not happened to me anywhere else outside of Colorado. It's not like I feared for my safety or anything (colorado is a different story) but it wasn't enjoyable either.

29. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

In reply to:

30. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Ooooh, Studly, pick me! Pick me! I want to be a minionette!!