The Prevailing Windbags of Lubbock

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 12thStudStan, Oct 29, 2006.

1. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

Welcome back to the future GOO.

2. ynot

ynot 25+ Posts

My guess is Muledick is a new beer.

You young pups probably weren't even spermed yet when Paul "Dizzy" Dean used to wax eloquent during St. Louis Cardinal radio broadcasts on the satisfactions of drinking Greisedieck beer, brewed by one of the owners of the team at that time.

Ol' Diz would go on and on about Greasy Dick beer, until I believe they finally fired him or took him off the broadcasts for his refusal to let it lay. Diz never was good at being told how to act.

Hence my guess is that someone named Meuledieck is now brewing a beer and we are just now finding out that Tech fans not only enjoy the taste of muledick but actually swallow what they are putting in their mouth. [​IMG]

3. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese were a big part of my early life every Saturday. My grandmother and I would watch those games together all of the time. She loved baseball and was quite a softball player herself in her younger days.

4. JoeBobBizz

JoeBobBizz < 25 Posts

5. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

6. LocoGringos

LocoGringos 250+ Posts

Well, if there's something that Longhorns and Raiders, and anyone else on the face of planet Earth, or even tiny protozoans floating around one of Jupiter's moons, can agree on, it's that aggy yell leaders are gay (nothing wrong with that) as hell.

That, and that the Meeting Agenda is still f'n hilarious.

7. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Back in 1955 I saw Dizzy Dean driving around St.Louis in his old yellow Stutz-Bearcat.

Fookin' cool dude was always a bit flamboyant, kinda like Bobby Layne.

8. longtex

longtex Guest

9. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

This really does belong over on the Classics board.

10. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Nice picture of Brantley

11. joey

joey < 25 Posts

Great post. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. has anyone even noticed that my post at the top of this page came nearly two years after the previous post.

[​IMG]

13. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

14. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Offseason truly does suck.