The reckless spending of the last 8 years

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 911_horn, Dec 9, 2009.

1. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

Clearly was not quite enough for Obama. So when he was a candidate the rreckless spending was the cause of our economic downturn, but now the he is in charge it is also the solution. This hope and change is really a cool thing. However, I think he has it backwards. Talk about change, do the same thing the last moron did, and hope no one calls you on your idiocy.

Let's spend our way out

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

911_Horn
    I thought perhaps I was missing something when I heard obama say spending was the solution.

I think we will have to wait for those on here who were so outraged over Bush's spending to explain why obama spending trillions more is a good thing.
    any bets on who calls tghe iraq wear the culprit first?

3. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

4. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

5. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

what's "wreckless spending"? i would say we wrecked, so didn't Bush have wreckful spending? [​IMG]

6. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

7. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

Well lets see. If you claim to have created or saved 600k jobs with your spending, and it cost you 250k per job tha pays an avg of 50k then I'd say by any defintion that is wreckless, and wasteful. Spending billions to save auto companies with ****** business models, ****** cars, and ****** mangement so your union constituents can continue to have their jobs, and the company continues to lose billions is wreckless. there are other examples of course. How's that stimulus working out for creating all those "shovel ready jobs"? Oh, yeah he has decided since that one didn't work to spend more on possibly another stimulus. It is to the point where it would be a good idea for America to call this guy as the economic moron he is, and get on with trying to stop it before he does any more damage. We needed someone not going full retard on the back of the full retard bush, and we didn't get it. We got bush on roids.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

9_11 Horn
    As is typical in here if someone doesn't have a clue about the actual topic posters then make fun of spelling.
    In the context you are using it is reckless spending altho I happen to think Obama is also making a wreck with his spending and you probably meant it that way anyway.

here, Yo let me ask ,"Does borrowing 1 trillion dollars on the war in Iraq hurt the economy?"
    Do you have a breakdown of how this money was spent? That might help us see whether in fact it hurt our economy.

9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

10. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

No doubt, the questions are complex when it comes to the economy. We can all remember that for all the government spending in the 1930's it did NOTHING to get us out of the Great Depression. Granted that situation was more dire, and the situation isn't the same as today. What got us out of that Depression was a war.
    Now, I am NOT saying go to war, declare war, or anything of the kind. I just don't think that Bush's war spending is what necessarily has led us to this point, or was necessarily bad, or good.
    There is of course a difference between spending money you have and debt spending as well.

11. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

6721 - are you suggesting I don't have a clue? or just that I didn't post a substantive response? as Yo suggested, the value of spending can be different given the circumstances. all things equal, I'd rather we spend money here than overseas, but I don't like the increase in the deficit either.

12. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

Wreckless spending is spending above cumulative collected tax revenue for a fiscal year. See national debt and wrecked country.

13. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

14. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

15. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

17. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

reckless

not wreckless

18. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I think he meant the feckless spending over the last year.

19. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

Coel
    God bless you. That was driving me nuts.

Uphauled, I was. I suppose we were supposed to know it was ironic.

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Uniformed
    Nicely Played. [​IMG]

Kinda covers reckless and wreckful

21. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

22. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

So answer the question. What do you think would happen to the economy specifically?

23. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Short term, bad. Long term, very good.

24. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Hint. Most politicians don't give a damn about the long-term. They care most about their next election.

25. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Reckless spending began in 1981 and has continued ever since with the exception of the tax increase passed (without a single republican vote) during the Clinton administration, which led to surpluses.

Then that bankrupter frat boy got elected and drove the wagon back into the ditch.

Obama has been pursuing a classic Keynesian solution to deal with the near collapse-----spend a lot of money to reinflate the tires and get the wagon back on the road and out of the ditch.

Whether it works is anybody's guess but he at least has a plan. The alternative plan is to cut taxes again, which is a reckless way to balance a budget and does not work.

26. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

27. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I get so tired of people spewing stuff on this board that even they don't believe. Why do you contribute to the propaganda?

28. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

29. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

You aren't running against Bush. Whatever money has been spent is gone, there is no getting it back. Thus, the only thing there is to worry about is the present and the future. We are spending out of control and the trend is steepening. To excuse the reckless and feckless spending out of hand is simply propaganda by someone who just doesn't give a damn or doesn't understand it.