The Shabby Road Record Show

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by hooklahoma, Jun 10, 2015.

1. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

if you are familiar with the podcast format and love classic music and music history, do yourself a favor and check out the Shabby Road Record Show Podcast. The format of the show is that each of the two hosts bring a sealed box of vinyl records (5 each) and pull out the records one by one after giving a detailed intro to why the cut was significant to the musical landscape at the time or why it meant so much to them in their lives. The main draw of the program however is the quality of the broadcast itself. These guys are not barely articulate nerds like the hosts of most music podcasts . They are working musicians and have radio skills most morning guys on terrestrial radio would kill for. The're very funny and have encyclopedic knowledge of classic rock and many other musical genres.

Any way check them out. If you're interested in collecting vinyl, classic music of all kinds and good broadcasting, this show is definitely for you.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/shabby-road-record-show-podcast/id860185771?mt=2

• Like Like x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I will check it out. Your avatar of a Marantz receiver reminds me of my old Marantz receiver from many moons ago - it looked very similar including the wooden case. Ah the good old daze!