The team has bought into Herman's culture

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajesticII, Oct 26, 2019.

1. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Herman has convinced the team that ,"Winning is hard, and its really really hard on the road." He says it at just about every presser. He has them convinced.

2. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

WHICH is "processed hay".....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Interesting thought.

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

It's especially hard when you play a 3-3-5

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

No question about it that is my biggest gripe and I honestly do not understand why O cannot see it. It is killing us. No exaggeration- killing us. Roach could be sure a formidable presence with just one more down lineman!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Coburn could benefit from another DL for the OL to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

There is nothing wrong with a 3 man DL. The problem, as I have heard, is the we are not running it correctly. We pinch in the two outside players too close to Coburn. That is the primary reason we lose outside contain to many times.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

4-2-5 is probably the best solution. Nothing says all 4 have to rush, but it gives you a choice and makes the O-line think for a second which provides for D-line leverage. In addition, since that is the de facto base NFL defense it would help the D-line and LB's prepare for the next level if they think they are that good.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I don't care if winning is easy or hard. At the University of Texas, Winning is expected. Someone needs to remind Tom of this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh I’m quite certain Tom knows this. It’s what he does about it I’m not sure about.

11. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

unless, of course, it's winning championships, which, I hear, is because we won't cheat like the Sooners do! Or, care about winning championships over who is supporting the golf team volleyball team, race for the cure, how good the kids are, did they bring a gun to class/practice, open the door for girls (but by God only if they want it done they don't need a man!). Whew!

12. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Bill, you remind me of my dad. Shooting from the holster. Your going to blow your foot off! Tom knows better than all of us what is expected.
    :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1