The top rated QB in the 2014 class...

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by YearOfTheSteer, Jun 3, 2013.

1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

We got Heard. We're fine.

3. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

The 247 Composite Rankings land Allen at #5 PRO style QB.

Heard is the #1 Dual Threat QB.

Now they just need to do one of those ATT commercials where the cute little kids are sitting around the discussion table:

"So - What's Better" ???
    "One Threat or TWO"???

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

4. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I looked up the Rivals ratings just because I don't know anything about these guys.

12. Deshaun Watson, 5 Star, #1 dual-threat
    27. Kyle Allen, 4 Star, #1 pro-style
    72. Jerrod Heard, 4 Star, #3 dual-threat

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

While RG3 and Manziel were outside the top 200. Even if you consider that we don't play A&M any longer, this is about as newsworthy as Ohio State or USC picking up a top Arizona QB (which, btw, we did 2 years ago).

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I don't know much about the kid but I'm sure he's the real deal.
    But does Pro-style QB mean he can't run? Will Aggy have to tweak offense for him?

7. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

And the ratings are relevant why? I realize it's more difficult these days to talk tits and *** around the water cooler or copy machine or in the break room, but ratings talk seems hardly a worthy replacement.

8. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

9. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Meh. Couldn't care less what aggy does.

10. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Not surprising what a one-year turnaround and Heisman trophy win can do for a program. And not that different from our 1998 season, in which a new coach parlayed a Ricky Williams Heisman win and a Cotton Bowl victory into landing the No. 1 QB and No. 1 defensive player in the country.

The aggy coaches' recruiting abilities would have to be completely incompetent for them not to reap these kinds of benefits from the 2012 season.

11. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

The last top QB in the country that we signed didn't work out so well. That had a way of tempering my expectations regarding top prospects until after they show something on the field.

12. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'

-Sancho Panza-

13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I love the duel threat QB. They bring a double barrel to the hunt. [​IMG]

14. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

15. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

And honestly, I didn't think he was that great in the state championship game compared to a lot of the other games he played in 2012. He has a better arm than the championship game indicated, where he tried to win it on the ground by carrying the team like Johnny Manziel.

16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

a friend of mine from the phoenix area has seen the kid play and swears he could be the next Garrett Gilbert.

17. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Beat me to it. I was thinking how this kid's hype didn't come close to Garret Gilbert's. He may be a bad ***, the reason their offense sucks, or a kid that's never heard from again. Could be anywhere, and like mentioned above, Manziel, the frosh Heisman winner, wasn't named the starter until 2 weeks before the season started.

18. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

19. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

Not being name the starter till 2 weeks before the opner, shows true comption at QB position. mack names his starter in spting.