The University of California at Austin Free Range Chickens

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Htown77, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The Republic of Texas Mashup Cap | University Co-op

[​IMG]

Can we put Texans in charge of UT, the Coop, etc again? The powers that be hate the state of Texas, hate Texas things, do not want to be “The University of Texas Longhorns” and wonder why alumni do not want to give back.

• Like Like x 3
  2. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

That is amazing, but not amusing.

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Here is the item description:

This hat represents when west coast meets Texas. The Republic of Texas Mashup Cap is a bit of both Texas pride and California memories. Modeled after the California state flag but with a longhorn steer instead of the bear.

Why in God's name would we want the west coast to meet Texas? Texas pride? Sure. California memories? If you're that nostalgic, move the hell back there.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Texas already mashed up Cali in the Rose Bowl y’all

• Like Like x 8
  5. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I am all for this hat, as long as it means we can use it to easily identify, round up, and export all Cali douches.

******* ingrates.

• Like Like x 6
  6. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I wasn't aware of the background of the California "Republic" flag with the bear and all until recently.

Google it sometime; California was NEVER a republic. Seems there was some misfit group of 100 or so that held up in the mountains, claiming to be the California Republic, for about a month.

Serious political scientists/historians point out to be recognized as a real country, a republic requires more than "Hey, here we are, we're SOMEBODY."

Like a formal foundational document detailing what the government is (like, I don't know, a CONSTITUTION???), a group of leaders recognized by the citizens as authorized to act on their behalf, minimal bureaucracy for such things as military defense, police protection, revenue assessment and collection to fund the government, geographically defined borders, etc., etc.

The so-called 1-month insurrection by a bunch of yayhoos who put a bear and a star on a flag and called themselves the "California Republic" doesn't make the cut.

The Republic of Texas was a true country, a declaration of independence, a constitution outlining a governmental structure, an army, formal state relations with other countries, and Friday night football -- oh, wait ---

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

That's gawd awful.....they need to stop selling those now or give them away along with a one-way ticket back to kalifornia...

• Like Like x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

To make Fenves feel good about his destruction of OUR University

I volunteer to personally deliver the first two to Fenves & little Billie Powers

:deadhorse:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Have you seen the COOP game day shirts for USC. They took the Trojan warrior's helmet and put it on the Purdue Boilermaker's head. Truly hideous.

The University of Colorado is financially busted. For decades, the bookstore has sold clever gameday t-shirts, always selling out Saturday morning. If the COOP had come with a decent shirt, I would have bought multiple ones to send to my friends in SoCal. Those things are an embarrassment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Yep, I saw them. They were bad. I already had low expectations for the co-op (remember the infamous co-op statues), but it seems to have gone really downhill the past 5ish years.

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Starting to remind me of a bad Branson trinket store

• Like Like x 2
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

worse yet, when they get something people like and buy they discontinue the product.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

This is very true as well.

14. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Well, Austin is San Francisco East. Disgusting but true

15. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The jokes write themselves.:rolleyes1:

16. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I grew up in Austin, and was transferred to California in 1977. Always a Longhorn, I have been coming back multiple times per year ever since. That has probably allowed me to notice the cultural shift more easily than those who have lived in Austin the entire time.

Austin used to be a hidden jewel, as we all know. It was very special, quaint, interesting, beautiful. Innocent. From my perspective that started to change perhaps 15-20 years ago. Maybe longer.

Rick Mueller said above that Austin “is San Francisco East.” I don’t think it’s there yet, but sadly Austin is quickly moving in that direction.

Plenty of folks left the Left Coast for economic reasons, but also to escape the culture. The insanity. Unfortunately, many brought the culture with them instead of adapting to what was...

It’s sad but the innocent and quaint Austin of my youth is just a distant and poignant memory. True, it’s still a very nice place to live, but nothing like it was back in the day.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Moved to Austin in 1991. The transition happened during the dot com boom.