The Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by longhorn_melissa, Oct 6, 2014.

1. longhorn_melissa

longhorn_melissa 250+ Posts

Who's excited?! [​IMG]

2. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

3. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Yes indeed. Too long between seasons.
    Melissa, did you make it to Comic Con Austin last weekend?
    I heard that your hero Daryl was going to be there.

4. longhorn_melissa

5. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Excellent

6. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Fantastic opening for season 5.

7. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Great opening episode. Rick is on steroids.

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It was so good, I'll ignore that Carol was able to aim that bottle rocket so precisely without having shot one off at all, putting it right into the gas leak. [​IMG]

It's weird the way this episode fleshed out. It really should have been a season finale rather than a season opener. It feels like the cliffhanger was totally unnecessary, especially considering the town gets blown up one episode into the season.

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

In the Talking Dead show after the episode the Producer/Director said they felt Terminus was involved in 8 episodes last season thus it had plenty of time to run its course. They had established the distopic nature of Terminus showing that these people were just like our heroes until they realized that being the butcher was better than being the cow.

The butcher scene was crazy!!

10. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

The opening sequence I felt I was watching some horror movie like "Hostile" or something along those lines. lol That was intense. Did anybody notice the actress Denise Crosby who played "Mary" who had that climatic fight with Carol toward the end? She also played Tasha Yar on Star Trek: Next Generation. Wow. [​IMG]

11. longhorn_melissa

I thought it was epic!!!!! I frequent a WD forum and this was definitely one of the most talked about episodes yet.

I just enjoyed seeing Carol get her redemption. I absolutely love her character and the transformation from the abused, weak woman in season 1.

There were a few far fetched scenes, but overall I was on the edge of my seat and appreciated every scene. I can't wait to see how Morgan comes back into play. He's a beloved character IMO.

12. jcdenton

jcdenton 250+ Posts

"Did anybody notice the actress Denise Crosby who played "Mary" who had that climatic fight with Carol toward the end? She also played Tasha Yar on Star Trek: Next Generation. Wow."

Damn, I had no idea that was her. I thought she looked like a female Mack Brown.

13. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

14. longhorn_melissa

15. longhorn_melissa

Gimple is so true to the comics! [​IMG]

16. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

OK something that I've always suspected was confirmed last night.

When a guy ties you up, cuts off your leg and eats it in front of you while pontificating for five minutes on the need to do what he did, and how it's nothing personal... it really IS personal.

17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I watched that "Talking Dead" show after the episode and thought that someone would mention this.

That Bob guy was acting strange and crying outside when the others were celebrating having all that food. He had been acting strange since he went under water with that walker.

Did he possibly get scratched or bitten and would turn. I never know the time length on that. Seems different with each Zombie show.

If so would eating him infect those Termite people?

Also in the season opener last week, weren't the Termite people being held captive by some other people after the walker invasion. I seem to remember a brief showing of Gareth sitting there while a female was being taken out by by some other people.

18. longhorn_melissa

19. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

20. Seattle Husker

I'm confused by all the Zombie shows. What's the timeline between bite to reanimated zombie that WD has established? I seem to remember the Andrea's sister Amy taking only a few hours during Season 1.

If so, Bob would have transitioned before the scene in the church. I'd think the Termites would have seen a bite too.

21. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

So as I was saying about that Bob guy being bitten and then the Termite people eating him and would that make them turn. [​IMG]

I guess we will never know about them turning by eating Bob. Unless they turn up as walkers somewhere in future episodes.

22. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Where is Carol?

23. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

I'm thinking the unseen person Daryl was talking to was Beth, and Carol's a goner. Daryl seemed upset. Character-wise, Beth for Carol would be a bad trade.

24. Seattle Husker

Great call NBHorn.

This episode was very predictable. The moment they left you knew that was a ruse to bring out Gareth and his clan so they could double back. What didn't make sense was why they didn't simply attack before they went into the church? I understand their desire to "save bullets" and not wanting large sounds to draw the walkers in but they took a huge risk by using Carl and company as bait.

I initially thought it was Beth but why should her story in the preview for next week if it's her. Morgan maybe? Are there any other people in the Rick clan that could have survived?

25. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Looks like the Beth storyline will now unfold.

Is Carol done? Is she with Daryl? Are all three together? The previews for next week show Beth in a hospital gown with the IV. But she was otherwise in good health when she was picked up by the hearse-looking sedan. That doesn't bode well. . .

The drama itself is at a fork in the road. Abraham's quest for DC has split the group (boy, Glen and Maggie were annoying!) and hurled each one into greater unknowns. Abraham has taken his group on a cross country road trip through the apocalypse. Rick and his group are hiking through the wilderness looking for Daryl and Carol. Things will get dicey.

26. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This is very hornfans related now. Some of us are racing to find a cure before we all become walkers. There has been animosity and some posters were indeed eaten alive.

So many similarities, so stay tuned to the "Posting Dead."

27. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

My wife and I and our 12 year old son just started watching season one on Netflix, two episodes in so far. Tonight I'm sitting at the table having some Cabernet and brie (yeah) and sliced turkey with brown mustard—this is dinner—and my son says he wishes he knew how to create zombies so he could go outside and smash their faces in with a shovel.

I nod in agreement as I look out the window into the back yard, thinking that smashing a zombie face with a shovel might really be satisfying but only if there were a few of them because I don’t want this to be hard.

My wife laughed and asked if this “war mentality” is in all boys and I say yes, I think so, and that we men have it too but we’ve suppressed it since we became domesticated wage-earning house pets.

I don't want to shoot zombies from a distance though. I really want to get right up there close and smash their ******* faces with a shovel because that’s what men should do.

28. Seattle Husker

29. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Any particular reason why walkers don't eat other walkers?
    Wouldn't that be easier for them?

Only been watching a few episodes here and there.

30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

And wouldn't the walkers eventually die if they don't eat something? Seems like they need to sustain somehow.

I don’t know the rules in their strange and beautiful world.